• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst Attractions or ideas ever...

Narnia at DHS stinks. What is the point of this lame attraction?

Without a doubt the Narnia exhibit is the worst atraction that I have ever seen in my 7 trips to Disney World! I feel bad for the poor souls that I've seen waiting in line (up to 30 minutes) just to see the movie trailer. At least the one time that I went was just before closing during 2008 and we just walked in. But it still irked me then that I wasted my time.

:sulley:

The Great Movie ride needs to be updated. I mean, "Alien" was a big movie in its time, but wasn't it a hit like 30 years ago- how are kids supposed to know it? (Yes, "Wizard of Oz" is older, but that's a classic.) They did add Cap'n Jack Sparrow to the end montage, but it's not enough. And to think, this ride was the SIGNATURE attraction when the park opened! Now it's just cheesy and tired.

I love the great movie ride!!!

Stitch's Great Escape and the carnation of Journey Into Your Imagination without Figment. At least the present version has Figment.

The movie at the end of Maelstrom is the worst thing ever. I know many people (including myself) walk straight through and exit with the previous crowd. I know it's really just a promo for visiting Norway, but couldn't they at least make it watchable? I would rather suck on a troll's toes than watch that movie again.

I think the HS park really could use some overhaul to some degree.....for every
Star Tour, TSM, TOT, RRC
there is a Sounds Dangerous, Narnia, American Idol

They should bring back the TV Studio thing,I only saw that once.
Now I beleive that building isn't used for anything.

I remember the TV studio. I was on David Letterman. :goodvibes
Another member of our group was part of the Three Stooges. He can be kind of a jerk, so when he got hit with a pie, we cheered loudly. I think my mom encouraged them to keep loading the whipped cream on.

Yeah, the Narnia "trailer" is brutal. In March there was a line up of hundreds of poeple and I tried to warn them that it was minutes of their lives they'd never be able to get back.

The Norway movie after Maelstrom is sad too. I felt so bad for the CM's from Norway in the film room that had to stand there and watch people walk by or sit down only to very quickly walk out. :sad1:

The reminder of the castle being re-made as a pink cake with candy on it inspired me to start thing (pardon if it's been done before)

BUT.....

what are some of the worst attractions or ideas that Disney has implemented over the years...they can still exist or not exist.......go!

Worst idea? Easy...Disney Dining Plan, free or otherwise!:eek:

The Great Movie ride needs to be updated. I mean, "Alien" was a big movie in its time, but wasn't it a hit like 30 years ago- how are kids supposed to know it? (Yes, "Wizard of Oz" is older, but that's a classic.) They did add Cap'n Jack Sparrow to the end montage, but it's not enough. And to think, this ride was the SIGNATURE attraction when the park opened! Now it's just cheesy and tired.

To update the ride would require a lot of work. Every scene in the ride/pre-show as well as what the tour guide says is all copyrighted. Even the animatronics of the actors/actresses had to go through the approval process of the respectable person or family. Maybe for the 25th or 30th it would get an upgrade, but not anytime soon.

This type of thread is usually found on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Can I change my answer?

I originally said "Stitch" but I completely forgot about about the waste of time and space that is "Narnia" in DHS. It was so bad my brain was trying hard to erase it but thanks to other posters, I found it in my brain files.

So, my new answer is Narnia. When is it going away?

I asked dh - he went with the Leave a Legacy Graveyard at Epcot. If you add in Disneyland - California Adventure...Have to say Super Star Limo - it was horrible and thankfully gone!

Stich's Great Escape! We all love Stich so we were really excited for this attraction but we absolutley hated it . It was without a doubt the worst thing we visited in the parks.

The one with Ellen in epcot... I don't even remember the name for how bad that is. They should remove it already!

Never been on Stitch 'cause I hear all the awful reviews about it.

I see a lot of the people here dont like the Narnia Exhbit. I looooove Narnia but they should've made it bigger. It's TINY!

At least they got rid of the "cilli-burp".

Wait.. what?!!? Say it's not so?!?! That was one of the best parts!!! all of the cruel tricks, i uhm mean surprises i have planned for MIL are disappearing on me

I think Captain EO was lame. We all know MJ had a love affair with Disneyland (hence Neverland). its as if the Disney people let him "buy an attraction for himself". I also agree that Ellen at Epcot is torture to sit through.

In my opinion WD would be rolling over in his grave (cryogenic container) if he could see what they did to the TIKI ROOM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter