• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of Disney in NYC

jberry5

DIS Veteran
Not sure where I really should post this, but wanted to let others know if you were unaware of this store. There is a World of Disney store in New York City with themepark merchandise, and character meet 'n greets. We went east for a baseball trip, and just saw a flyer in our hotel about the World of Disney store.

I was really surprised when we found out they had the meet 'n greets. Snow White and Aurora were there, and I feel bad for saying it, but I wasn't sure who Aurora was until the little girl in front of us got very excited when she saw Aurora, and said her name. Then we were trying to figure out who Aurora was, I think I guessed right with Sleeping Beauty. Having 2 boys hasn't introduced us to the princesses much. And boy did my 4 y/o shy up when it was our turn, so much so, that we only got pictures of the princesses with our 1 y/o (on his b-day no less).

Anyways, just wanted to give a heads up to others that may have been as clueless about this as we were. I saw a sample photo as well, and it appears that they sometimes have Minnie dressed as the Statue of Liberty there, and she was with Pluto, so they must have several characters. I'll try to post the pics later on if there's any interest.

I love the NYC World of Disney Store. I went there last month for the first time. We took pictures with Alice and Wonderland and the Rabbit. They had great merchandise. I can't wait to go back. :)

I would love to see the pics! I live near NYC and it seems like everytime I am in the city something always comes up or I am rushing and I never get over there. Havent been in ages. I love it there though! 3 floors of pure Disney heaven. Never really see anyone post pics anywhere. Next time I get in there I need to take a ton.

Thats cute about your 1 yo getting his pic on his B-day! My boys ages 6 and 7 are a bit shy of the princess characters as well. But love the other ones. Probaly because their sister teased them about liking Belle. lol Now they always hide when they see her.

Cant wait to see ur pics!:goodvibes

DSCN1904.jpg

DSCN1903.jpg

We went there a few years ago (2005). At the time, my DD was 3 1/2 and did not know Chip & Dale. She was much more comfortable with Goofy. Sorry, had problems with the images.

these are a couple of years old so some things have changed:

56664307_qTC62-L-4.jpg
56664035_inhGy-L-4.jpg
56663962_hyJB7-L-4.jpg
56663877_co6KG-L-4.jpg
56663820_c2UYs-L-4.jpg
56663231_rANWn-L-4.jpg
56662938_m6VQy-L-4.jpg
56662807_GUfH7-L-4.jpg

and minnie (she's only out like this around related holidays):
157120493-L-3.jpg

there's also an FDNY Donald but I don't have a photo.

to supplement the meet & greets, they do have photopass with its own magic shots as well. i have it all covered on my photopass site. you can see the monthly character schedule on the store's site. http://www.worldofdisney.com

it is a World of Disney store too, just like in Orlando and Anaheim. It's owned by Disney and always was (although it was a boarded up shell for a while when Disney started closing all the Disney Stores before selling them off). That means the vast majority of merchandise it sells is theme park merchandise, same stuff you get in the parks. there is NYC specific stuff (although I saw some NYC WOD merchandise being sold at youse guys moichendise at DHS) and they also sell some things from Disney Theatrical.

Yes! Pin Trading!!! We go a few times a year to get our pin trading "fix"! :) it's a great store but traveling into the city from NJ is getting pricey for just some pin trading now so we try to pair it up with a few other things. The MEGA Abercrombie store is right across the street so that's a big plus for DD!

I was just there yesteday! Love the store, next best thing to being at Downtown Disney and the store there! I purchased a I Love NY shirt but instead of heart it was a Mickey ears emblem in place of the heart!

I believe it's on the corner of 5th and 55th. Can someone please confirm that for me?

Yep 5th & 55th. Bring your pins! Lots of trading going on there. I didn't think I would get DW out of there with all of the pins available!

Yep 5th & 55th. Bring your pins! Lots of trading going on there. I didn't think I would get DW out of there with all of the pins available!

If you check out the World of Disney web site page I believe they also have pin trades set up on certain Saturday mornings. That's what a CM told me while in the store last year. I try to go into the city on a week day and shop since it's less crowded. Also I'd like to mention that the CM's there were just as nice as the ones in Florida. They must ship the pixie dust up and sprinkle it on them! :lmao: :wizard:

We went to NYC last year for my son's birthday. He is a huge Mets fan and we got him a Mickey Mouse dressed up in a mets uniform. It was great!! The store is huge and we got to meet Donald dressed up like a fire fighter and Minnie dressed up like the Statue of Liberty. I can not wait to go back there next year when we go to New York. This way my husband and son get their baseball fix and my daughter and I get our disney fix!!

Frances

I love this store. It is such a treat to walk around in it when you are waiting for your next WDW trip. :cheer2:

I'm going to NYC next week and I can't wait to go to this store! And we have tickets for The Lion King. My sister thinks it's so funny that even on a trip to visit her in NYC, I can find Disney things to do.:lmao:

Love this store. We were there over Memorial Day weekend. We got some pins that had been designed by NYC store CM's for a contest. The pins were signed, on the back, by the designers. And, we actually got to meet and talk to the two designers of the pins we bought. They were a ball to talk to...had a nice friendly little competition going on between themselves!!!
We had a great time pin trading...got some that I had been looking for down in Florida. My poor dd was getting a bit annoyed as my friend and I kept walking up to various CMs to check out their lanyards!!!

This thread has me excited. We're headed to WDW in August, and planning to make the 2 hour drive into the city to go to the WOD Store in late July so that the character meets are on our photopass within the 30 days since we are buying the CD.

Anyone have any idea how long the lines for the character meet lines are? We're planning on doing the meet and greet with the classic characters at 11 and then going to the Muesum of Natural History during the day, and coming back for the princess meet and greet in the evening at 4:30.

We went into the City during Christmas season a couple years ago. We had been to WDW that September so we were still on our "Disney High". We got to meet Cinderella on our visit to WOD. It was really great, she acted like she remembered seeing DD5 who was blown away. She was given a pair of white lace gloves which she still wears. We waited in line for a good 15 mins or so, but only because we were there and....well, why not?? Its Cinderella!!! I figure I'm paying $100 for the family to have scrambled eggs with her, we can wait in line for a little while!!

IMG_6846-1.jpg

IMG_6848-1.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter