WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

Am I late in noticing? Our itinerary doesn't call for 2 days of Panama Canal any longer. Anyone know what this implies?

Am I late in noticing? Our itinerary doesn't call for 2 days of Panama Canal any longer. Anyone know what this implies?
It implies nothing. We have four sea days after the transit. It was just a error by DCL. Same thing happened on this years WBPC.

Wow - there are a lot of pages to catch-up on! I was trying not to get too involved, as for a while we weren't 100% sure we would be able to go in 2017, as my work contract was due to end in March and then the house we were renting went up for sale. Well, we bought the house and I am starting a new job in February, so we are full steam ahead with the trip. Roll on April 2017!

Edit - 'We' is DH Simon and I - we went on our first cruise in May and loved it (Western Caribbean 7 night on the Magic)

I hear you. Just after 15 cruises I want something fresh and new. Besides truth be told Jack Sparrow ruined pirates for me anyway. I am just so over it.
We love Pirate Night festivities, but not the menu. We have dressed up since our first cruise and can't wait to dress up for this one.

Wow - there are a lot of pages to catch-up on! I was trying not to get too involved, as for a while we weren't 100% sure we would be able to go in 2017, as my work contract was due to end in March and then the house we were renting went up for sale. Well, we bought the house and I am starting a new job in February, so we are full steam ahead with the trip. Roll on April 2017!

Edit - 'We' is DH Simon and I - we went on our first cruise in May and loved it (Western Caribbean 7 night on the Magic)
Welcome "officially"!

Hello everyone!! We are getting so excited for our upcoming 14 night cruise through the Panama Canal. It will be my wife Katie, our 4 year old daughter Rylie, and myself (Justin). This past May we did the 14 night transatlantic on the Magic from Port Canaveral to Dover, England. We loved it, but can't wait for the warm weather on this one. Can't wait to meet all of you on board.

Is there a post with the scheduled dates of our group activities so far? Page 1 has a list of activities, but no dates besides the obvious ones like "May the 4th be with you". I looked for other posts, but didn't see it.

Gold is 8 days from doing online bookings. Platinum has already had their date I assume? We've started trying to pin down our Palo dates and such and it would be great to know.

And, Happy pre-New Year everyone! :)

Is there a post with the scheduled dates of our group activities so far? Page 1 has a list of activities, but no dates besides the obvious ones like "May the 4th be with you". I looked for other posts, but didn't see it.

Gold is 8 days from doing online bookings. Platinum has already had their date I assume? We've started trying to pin down our Palo dates and such and it would be great to know.

And, Happy pre-New Year everyone! :)

I don't think there are set dates for other activities yet, other than the meet & greet on embarkation day, as the majority of them we are waiting on DCL to confirm the dates and times, i.e. for the private mixology, open bar, etc.

Question: When we first get on board and we're rushing around trying to get all those extra things booked, water, etc, do you think that the Palo team would know our rotational dining schedule? Since we wouldn't be getting into our rooms right away, we won't be able to get our rotation off our tickets. This time I'd like to not miss the first night of Animators Palate like we tend to accidentally do. And probably not miss the first night of Tiana's place?

2nd question: Anyone have any insight into whether the first or second night of Tiana's would be any different?

Question: When we first get on board and we're rushing around trying to get all those extra things booked, water, etc, do you think that the Palo team would know our rotational dining schedule? Since we wouldn't be getting into our rooms right away, we won't be able to get our rotation off our tickets. This time I'd like to not miss the first night of Animators Palate like we tend to accidentally do. And probably not miss the first night of Tiana's place?

2nd question: Anyone have any insight into whether the first or second night of Tiana's would be any different?

Your dining rotation is actually printed on the bottom of your Key to the World card with a series of letters for each dining room in order.

My understanding is that they are different, but that they both have live music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter