• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Returns to Galveston - November 6, 2015

Meets

Brain cramp check again - so our Dis meet is an ice cream social Nov 6th (embarkation day) at 2:00pm deck 9 by ice cream station. Correct?

Bridge of Spies is distributed by Disney so I'm hoping it will be shown on board. Is anyone interested in seeing it together?

Perfect! and thanks for bearing with my brain cramps! :) - funny story about a whiteboard on a cabin door, my son loves pirate night so he can pull out his Jack Sparrow imitations - anyway, he went around on put on some whiteboards "You'll always remember this was the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!" :lmao: Totally cracked me up!
The only thing that would have made that better is back in the day they had Polaroid's and he could have put a picture of himself in front of every door!

I havent' even started making mine..have to find an online tutorial so I can sew it up...
If you go to page 1 of this thread, post 2 has some links for FE basics. I don't know if any of those are what you are looking for, but maybe they will help.

Meets

Brain cramp check again - so our Dis meet is an ice cream social Nov 6th (embarkation day) at 2:00pm deck 9 by ice cream station. Correct?
Yes, although I guess it would be Goofy's Galley or something like that. I was thinking it was a separate thing, but looking at a map shows me I am wrong:rolleyes:
Bridge of Spies is distributed by Disney so I'm hoping it will be shown on board. Is anyone interested in seeing it together?
I must not watch enough TV as I have never heard of this. :happytv: Now I have to go look it up.

The only thing that would have made that better is back in the day they had Polaroid's and he could have put a picture of himself in front of every door!
So true, that would have been hilarious! I think we have an old Polaroid somewhere - not sure we could get film for it now though. LOL!!!

Ok, I take it back, I have seen commercials for Bridge of Spies. Now I am having memory problems:confused: I am waiting until next weekend and I am going to call (888) 325-2500 to see what movies are playing onboard. I am willing to go see just about anythingpopcorn:: since I already paid for it!

:jumping1: Our FE's are finished, tagged, and packed!!! Yeah!
I must say you are quite the overachiever:P Since I haven't closed the last FE group yet, I cannot say I am done. I need to mail another box to TX and pack the rest in my carry on and I will be done someday:rolleyes1

I should feel bad that I am only at work for another 30 minutes and I am doing DIS instead:sad2:, but I feel this is making me more productive:rotfl2:

I must say you are quite the overachiever:P Since I haven't closed the last FE group yet, I cannot say I am done. I need to mail another box to TX and pack the rest in my carry on and I will be done someday:rolleyes1

I'm lucky enough to live here, but am just getting in gear to make things...so I have 4 shirts, 4 water bottles, magnets for 4 rooms, fish extender, on top of sewing my daughter's halloween costume (who is never easy...lol) I should have known I created a monster when I taught myself to sew for her second MNSSHP costume..she HAD to be the Pirate Princess from Jake and the Neverland Pirates..sure, no problem....lol...My husband just shakes his head and laughs...For WDW in June I was able to get 16 t-shirts done in the week before we left..all at night, since they didn't know where we were going...

Oh MB's..don't get a MB type thing?? That means I need to make decorations for those as well...excuse my Squirrel moments

I'm lucky enough to live here, but am just getting in gear to make things...so I have 4 shirts, 4 water bottles, magnets for 4 rooms, fish extender, on top of sewing my daughter's halloween costume (who is never easy...lol) I should have known I created a monster when I taught myself to sew for her second MNSSHP costume..she HAD to be the Pirate Princess from Jake and the Neverland Pirates..sure, no problem....lol...My husband just shakes his head and laughs...For WDW in June I was able to get 16 t-shirts done in the week before we left..all at night, since they didn't know where we were going...

Oh MB's..don't get a MB type thing?? That means I need to make decorations for those as well...excuse my Squirrel moments
For you, I only have one thing to say:worship:

Hi, I have a daughter who is 7, almost 8. She loves to make friends, but it is easier when I help make the introduction. Lets meet up! ps. I also have a son who is 10.

Hi hi hi....omgoodness. I'm so late in my reply. It's been awhile since I've been on. Thank you for commenting. Sure...let's do that. Maybe our girls will encourage each other. We'll likely go to the tour on the first night. Have you been on DC before? This is our second trip. Maybe we can keep chatting and see if our kids have similar interests.

I emailed the list, let me know if anything is wrong. Trust me, the overpacking is so going to happen on my end. I am glad I already sent some FE stuff to Texas already as I will be packing a carry on with what is left. I would be so mad if the airline lost my luggage>:(, I can't take a chance of checking it.
I am going to say we will do an informal meet up at the ice cream station(deck 9) at 2:00 pm on embarkation day. Don't bring anything besides yourself and whoever you are traveling with that would like to meet others(aka the kids). Luckily we are a small group so we won't take up much space:grouphug: We will keep it short, maybe 15 minutes at the most as that day will be hectic anyways. We can always make plans to get together again on the cruise if you want to stay in touch.

Huskiesrules....are you or this group open to new families joining your "meet up" group? I didn't end up signing up for FE afterall :/ honestly I got overwhelmed trying to come up with gifts. I was probably over-thinkingit. As it is I'm an anxious traveler and I already have enough to do/think about, since we are driving to Galveston, should take us about 2 days with overnight stop along the way. So anyway....I just thought to ask thinking it would be nice if my kids could meet other kids right from the get-go. It is totally fine and I understand if this meet up is just for participating FE families. Thanks so much. :)

Huskiesrules....are you or this group open to new families joining your "meet up" group? So anyway....I just thought to ask thinking it would be nice if my kids could meet other kids right from the get-go. It is totally fine and I understand if this meet up is just for participating FE families. Thanks so much. :)
Sorry if you thought that our meet on day 1 was for those doing the FE's only:guilty:, it is for everybody that is on this thread. It probably seemed that way as the people in the FE groups are usually the only ones talking here:chat:

I didn't end up signing up for FE afterall :/ honestly I got overwhelmed trying to come up with gifts. I was probably over-thinkingit. As it is I'm an anxious traveler and I already have enough to do/think about, since we are driving to Galveston, should take us about 2 days with overnight stop along the way.
Well, it is still not to late to sign up for our small last minute FE group if you change your mind:goodvibes Right now we are at 4 rooms with a max of 5-7, we will see what happens in the next week:confused3 I am betting you were over thinking it, remember it is the thought that counts. Something as simple as giving a bag of candy shows you were getting into the spirit of things. I would rather you joined, kept it simple and have fun with the experience than to not do the FE at all. But that is me, I love the giving and the more the merrier:flower3: Enough trying to talk you into the FE, have a fun and safe drive:car: and don't be a stranger. We are a friendly, sorta chatty group:grouphug:

Ok new to this thread AND idea. Can someone help me navigate? We have booked this cruise, but are just now discovering fish extenders and REALLY want to be involved! Is there a group where we can get involved? We can't wait to sail and we are platinum members this time I believe but have never heard of FE's. Any help?????

Ok new to this thread AND idea. Can someone help me navigate? We have booked this cruise, but are just now discovering fish extenders and REALLY want to be involved! Is there a group where we can get involved? We can't wait to sail and we are platinum members this time I believe but have never heard of FE's. Any help?????
:welcome: We do have a FE group still open, it will be closed when we hit 5-7 rooms or in a week, whichever comes first. If you go to page 1, post 2 has some links for the basics of FE's to help you out. If you are interested in joining the last group, I will need you to get your posts to 10 so you can use private messaging as we are keeping some of the info private. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ until you hit 10. Then the only info I need is who is in the room, and you can go generic and say DW for you, DD/DS for daughter/son. I also need ages of kids, room # and an email to send the final list to. Any allergies and favorite characters is optional info and is not required. Page 28 will show you who is in the group currently.

So I just got off the phone with DCL, and here are the movies they say will be onboard:

Finding Nemo 3D
Frozen
Guardians of the Galaxy
Big Hero 6
McFarland USA
Cinderella
Monkey Kingdom
Avengers:Age of Ultron
Tomorrowland
Inside Out
AntMan
and I think there was one more, but I didn't understand what he was saying:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter