• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Returns to Galveston - November 6, 2015

ukintheus

DIS Veteran
I thought I would get a meet thread going for this cruise as I know several have booked it. I can't wait to see DCL back in Galveston! :banana:

We have booked this as a back to back with the 11/13/15 cruise. It is DH (Scott) and myself and this will be our 11th cruise so we will have finally made platinum. :cool1:

It seems a long way off, so we have plenty of time to plan. Falmouth is the only port we haven't been to, I would be interested to hear if anyone has been.

Who else is coming along? :dance3:

USEFUL INFORMATION:

FISH EXTENDER: Fish Extender Sign Up Information being organized by Ndemitra.

Useful DIS links for more FE Information:

FE 101 Basics, Fish Extender General Questions, How to make a no-sew FE

GALVESTON: Here is a useful thread complied by locals to the Galveston area:

ALL THINGS GALVESTON

Itinerary:
Day 1 - Galveston, Texas - All onboard 3:30 p.m.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Cozumel, Mexico - All ashore 8:30 a.m. All onboard 3:45 p.m.
Day 4 - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands - All Ashore 11:30 a.m. All onboard 5:30 p.m. **This port requires tendering
Day 5 - Falmouth, Jamaica - All ashore 8:00 a.m. All onboard 3:45 p.m.
Day 6 - At Sea
Day 7 - At Sea
Day 8 - Galveston, Texas - All ashore 8:30 a.m.

Last edited:

Kansas is still a fair drive, but if you have cruised out of Galveston before at least you know what to expect. :goodvibes

We are really excited that they are coming back to Galveston. We sailed out of PC on the Magic in February and the cost of airfare plus a few days tacked on at WDW (because I seem incapable of going to Orlando without going to WDW :rolleyes1) made it as much $$ as we paid to do two cruises out of Galveston.

Last edited:
I just deleted the FB group that I had created. I am impressed that I figured it out!! :rotfl2: Kansas is still a fair drive, but if you have cruised out of Galveston before at least you know what to expect. :goodvibes We are really excited that they are coming back to Galveston. We sailed out of PC on the Magic in February and the cost of airfare plus a few days tacked on at WDW (because I seem incapable of going to Orlando without going to WDW :rolleyes1) made it as much $$ as we paid to do two cruises out of Galveston.

Oh my goodness! That is crazy! My husband and I took our girls last January 2013 out of Galveston and tied the knot at Key West. Rather than coming home and doing our initial plan of a reception we talked immediate family into sailing November 2013. Our plan was to do a bigger ship out of Florida for our 40th/30th birthday but decided heck if they are coming to Galveston why not?! We will do one of the bigger ships one day but for now Galveston is the best way for us especially since I hate flying and my husband doesn't want to drive to Florida

We had originally booked the 12 night Northern Europe sailing on the Magic out of Dover in July 2015 to celebrate my 50th birthday and our 15th Wedding Anniversary. We cancelled that and booked this cruise, plus the one following it on 11/13/15 as a back to back for just less than half the cost of the Europe cruise. It was going to be a once in a lifetime type deal - but I'll take 14 days for half the price, less the airfare!! :goodvibes

How fun to have got married in Key West!! That's one of our favorite places to go. Was that one of the 8 nights that went to WDW? We did that same itinerary at the end of April last year and loved it - I wish they would throw a couple of those into the mix again.

We had originally booked the 12 night Northern Europe sailing on the Magic out of Dover in July 2015 to celebrate my 50th birthday and our 15th Wedding Anniversary. We cancelled that and booked this cruise, plus the one following it on 11/13/15 as a back to back for just less than half the cost of the Europe cruise. It was going to be a once in a lifetime type deal - but I'll take 14 days for half the price, less the airfare!! :goodvibes How fun to have got married in Key West!! That's one of our favorite places to go. Was that one of the 8 nights that went to WDW? We did that same itinerary at the end of April last year and loved it - I wish they would throw a couple of those into the mix again.

I agree! Those Europe ones look amazing but heck it is so expensive! I would love to do them bit I have the same thought I would rather do multiple and save money! My dream is to go to Italy one day! Who knows maybe for an anniversary we can.

It sure was we did Key West Castaway and WDW. We thought it would be a good time but WDW was so crowed!! All the schools had Martin Luther King JR day out so it was cram packed my daughters 5 and 12 at the time were begging to go back to the boat. We hadn't been to WDW since my youngest was 6 months and my bonus daughter was 6 soooooo I really wanted my youngest to experience it.

I wish they would mix the itineraries up a bit too! That's why we jumped on this one as fast as we did. It was the only one of its kind. We did the Key West, Castaway and Nassau but I did not like Nassau one bit. When I saw this itinerary it broke my heart there was no Castaway but I will live!

We got lucky at WDW and had a not-so-busy day, plus it rained that morning and was still drizzling when we got into the park, so that probably helped crowd levels too. That said, it was an EXHAUSTING day - and we are 2 adults!! :crazy2: I can't imagine how tired the kids were. We were on the 7:15 am bus and stayed through Illuminations. Long day, but still so much fun to say that you left Galveston and went to WDW plus CC. If it makes you feel better, the weather at that time of year can be so unpredictable. We have been to CC the last week of November/early Dec and it was really chilly and windy. You didn't want to get in the water at all. Most people had a light jacket/sweater on. I think the chances are higher of good weather in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. :goodvibes

Both times we have been to CC it has started out cool and dreary but by 11 it shaped up to be a beautiful day. It will be fun to try something new as much as I will miss CC I can't wait to check out other spots too!

We have booked the November 6th, 2015 cruise as well! We are so excited! Thank you for getting this thread and FE list going. I just sent a request to join the FB page.

We have booked the November 6th, 2015 cruise as well! We are so excited! Thank you for getting this thread and FE list going. I just sent a request to join the FB page.

Hello & Welcome pixiedust: Were you on the 8 night April cruise last year? I wasn't really THAT active on that cruise board as a lot was on Facebook and I didn't join the FB group for that one. I did end up meeting some fellow Disers on the ship though. :-) The wait is going to be the worst part for all of us! :hourglass Looking forward to seeing how many are going to be joining us over the coming months.

Hello & Welcome pixiedust: Were you on the 8 night April cruise last year? I wasn't really THAT active on that cruise board as a lot was on Facebook and I didn't join the FB group for that one. I did end up meeting some fellow Disers on the ship though. :-) The wait is going to be the worst part for all of us! :hourglass Looking forward to seeing how many are going to be joining us over the coming months.

Yes! We were on the 8 night April 2013 cruise. When I saw your description of the WDW day I wondered if we had sailed together.
I agree the wait is going to be very hard!

Another week gone, another week closer to vacation. :goodvibes I saw on the new Disney Compass ebulletin that they have the Wonder being in Galveston for a "limited holiday period". Makes me think that they will leave in early January like they did this year. :rolleyes: I was hoping they might stay until March or April.

Another week gone, another week closer to vacation. :goodvibes I saw on the new Disney Compass ebulletin that they have the Wonder being in Galveston for a "limited holiday period". Makes me think that they will leave in early January like they did this year. :rolleyes: I was hoping they might stay until March or April.

Man I love when they sail out if Galveston! It is much more affordable for my family. We have four and to fly to Florida is just so expensive. Plus going to Florida we HAVE to stop by Disney World

pixiedust: I have added your threads to the cruise meet list
Have a great Cruise! :beach:

We're in! Me, DS(18) and DD(11). We also did the April 2013 CC, WDW, KW cruise! :dance3:

We are doing a BTB with the Nov 13th cruise, and can hardly contain our excitement as it will be our first BTB. :hyper:

I'm not on FB so I hope someone will keep those of us informed not on FB and only on the Dis. :flower3:

We're in! Me, DS(18) and DD(11). We also did the April 2013 CC, WDW, KW cruise! :dance3:

We are doing a BTB with the Nov 13th cruise, and can hardly contain our excitement as it will be our first BTB. :hyper:

I'm not on FB so I hope someone will keep those of us informed not on FB and only on the Dis. :flower3:

Hello! :wave2: I remember you from the April 2013 cruise! We are doing our first BTB with this and the 11/13 cruise too! Yay us!! :cheer2: I didn't do any of the DIS meet and greets on the 2013 cruise so I don't "know" you, but I remembered your user name. :thumbsup2

Hello! :wave2: I remember you from the April 2013 cruise! We are doing our first BTB with this and the 11/13 cruise too! Yay us!! :cheer2: I didn't do any of the DIS meet and greets on the 2013 cruise so I don't "know" you, but I remembered your user name. :thumbsup2
I "remember" you as well! :goodvibes The only meet we made it to was the cabin tour, but I enjoyed your trip report! Especially Key "Wet" - boy what a day. :rotfl: We were at Kermit's finishing our frozen key lime pie dipped in chocolate on a stick when the torrential downpour started. Wading back to the shuttle to the ship was quite an adventure! I'm not sure I've ever been that wet before. :lmao:

It's so cool we both selected this as our first BTB! What a great itinerary, I'm surprised others aren't jumping onboard. ;) My only regret is that we're not going back to WDW, I wish they would trade Nassau for WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter