Wine and Dine 2015

I wonder if he slipped and quoted you the non-discounted price when you called rundisney? A difference of nearly $100 per night at a moderate resort would be about the standard 25% discount on the Disney website.

Well, that kind of irritates me! I mentioned this to my husband and he said he'd rather stay at POFQ...I'd rather save money!

Does anyone know when they send out the event code for the online ticket store? The web site says the code will be sent to you, but I don't see anything in my email and I haven't gotten anything in the regular mail either. Curious to see how much the tickets cost.

Well, that kind of irritates me! I mentioned this to my husband and he said he'd rather stay at POFQ...I'd rather save money!

You could always try calling again, maybe I am wrong! But my sports park hoppers have always been much cheaper than gate pricing. So that alone seems like the pricing was off for the package. Or, you could also try booking POFQ as room only and sports discounted tickets? Maybe it would save that way too

Is anyone else having trouble with gnats? We had a ton of rain and now they are EVERYWHERE. I live a couple blocks from Lake Erie and there is no way to run unless you are fine with having them up your nose, in your mouth, and stuck to your eyeball :crazy2:

Just a heads up-Southwest is having a sale. I had already booked our airfare but modified the reservation and got a credit for over $100. Worth checking out!

:mad::mad:>:(>:(
Is anyone else having trouble with gnats? We had a ton of rain and now they are EVERYWHERE. I live a couple blocks from Lake Erie and there is no way to run unless you are fine with having them up your nose, in your mouth, and stuck to your eyeball :crazy2:

Oh yes they are the worst! Even putting on Off doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone know when they send out the event code for the online ticket store? The web site says the code will be sent to you, but I don't see anything in my email and I haven't gotten anything in the regular mail either. Curious to see how much the tickets cost.

I sent you a PM. I found the code in my original confirmation e-mail from Active, but it seems that some of the e-mails were a bit different.

Here, I'm mostly struggling with mosquitos. Not too bad when I'm running, but they swarm me on walk intervals. And why do they have to get right in my face?! I did one run in Phoenix when I was visiting my parents a few weeks ago and ran through a huge gnat swarm. It was so gross--I was absolutely covered with them.

I sent you a PM. I found the code in my original confirmation e-mail from Active, but it seems that some of the e-mails were a bit different.
Thank you! I was looking for a separate email from runDisney... and now that I see it in there, I even remember already using this to buy SO's party ticket. :)

Just a heads up-Southwest is having a sale. I had already booked our airfare but modified the reservation and got a credit for over $100. Worth checking out!

Thank you! I checked flight details when their schedule first came out, but didn't buy. Prices went up right after that, so I've been watching and waiting. And they are down again! The discount means we had enough points for two round trip direct flights! Yeah! Love getting 'free' airfare!

I just went to check out SW prices and their website is temporarily down. I wasn't happy with their prices when the November dates were released. I heard about the sale on TV and was hoping to save some $. Will check back later.

Here, I'm mostly struggling with mosquitos. Not too bad when I'm running, but they swarm me on walk intervals. And why do they have to get right in my face?! I did one run in Phoenix when I was visiting my parents a few weeks ago and ran through a huge gnat swarm. It was so gross--I was absolutely covered with them.
During months with no snow on the ground, I run trails. Last year the mosquitos were miserable. I don't take many walk breaks, but I gave them up altogether last spring because of the swarms.

As for gnats - I "eat" a few on every run. Nasty thought, but better than running in the snow.

You could always try calling again, maybe I am wrong! But my sports park hoppers have always been much cheaper than gate pricing. So that alone seems like the pricing was off for the package. Or, you could also try booking POFQ as room only and sports discounted tickets? Maybe it would save that way too

I called them back and he did quote me the wrong price. :headache:

I just went to check out SW prices and their website is temporarily down. I wasn't happy with their prices when the November dates were released. I heard about the sale on TV and was hoping to save some $. Will check back later.

I didn't have any problems but have heard some people have had issues. They extended the sale through the end of today since so many people were having trouble with the website. Hope you can get through!

This past Wednesday I finally started running again! I didn't want to be "Debbie Downer" and post about it at the time, but right after I went back to running after my Achilles healed up, I managed to hurt it again! That was on May 13th. It wasn't as bad as the first time, because as soon as I felt the (now familiar) pain I stopped running and took care of it. I stayed off it, iced, etc. for 3 weeks and started up again 2 days ago. I am taking it VERY slow. I just don't think I will ever be a fast runner. I am okay with that. I just want to be a consistent runner. If I can get to a 13-14 mm I would be happy. Right now I am doing a 15 mm. I'm running 3 days a week, MWF, with longer runs on Fridays. I have a 10K coming up on June 20th. I haven't registered for it, as getting hurt made me eat the registration fee for my last 2 planned races. Do you all think if I do 3 miles today, 4 miles next Friday and 5 miles either Wednesday or Friday the next week (race on that Saturday), that I would be able to finish the 10K? Both times I hurt myself I was trying to duplicate a race, to assure myself that I knew from experience I could finish. I don't want to do that again. But I do want to train to be able to finish. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

But I do want to train to be able to finish. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)
Depends - what was your base weekly mileage before the injury and how long have you been running?

If you are fairly new to running and were running only a few miles/week before the injury (10 or fewer), I would not risk a 10k this soon after an injury. You will run harder than you intend in the race, and you will not have built up adequate endurance - recipes for disaster even if you were not coming off an injury.

Now, if you have been running for years and have been logging 15-25 miles/week, your legs should be able to handle a 10k as long as you don't push it.

I kinda fall in line with @BuckeyeBama on this one.

What concerns me is that both times you got hurt, you were replicating the 10K distance. Was it at the begin or the end of the run where you injured yourself?

I would not risk a 10K at this point either, even though eating the registration fee TOTALLY stinks. But you can really do some serious damage to yourself if you aren't physically ready. There's just something about race adrenaline that makes you pound the pavement faster and harder than you've ever done before.

I'm likely having to bail on my first race ever tomorrow because of my stupid knee hurting, but even though I rode my bike today and walked a bunch and felt fine, in the grand scheme of things my overall health is a bigger deal.

Just my dos pesos.

I agree with the others... it really depends on what kind of base you already had before. You don't want to increase your mileage too fast.

My 10K for my proof of time is next Saturday! Eeeek! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter