Wine and Dine 2015

It doesn't say on the W&D page, but on the Princess page it says that transportation is only provided to/from the host resorts. Unless it's different for W&D for some reason, it sounds like there is no transportation to the parks.

So, I've been a little worried about what I should plan for/do the day of Wine & Dine.

Luckily, one of my FAVORITE brewing companies is doing a night race event NEXT SATURDAY! So, I'm planning to register and run as my "dress rehearsal" for W&D. I just can't decide what distance to go for (I wrote about it in my Training Journal in more detail). They're offering a 10K and a half. Any thoughts?

Ran my qualifying 10k this morning. Won my age group 30-39 and 5th overall with a 46:15. Beat my PR by 1 second so I was pretty happy. Really need to work on my pacing before the half. If I go out nearly as fast (7:00/mi) as I did this morning I'm gonna crash towards the end of the W&D. I'm aiming to have a consistent 8:00/mi in the half.

1st and 2nd overall in my 10k went to these twins who went to my high school and are looking to qualify for the Olympic Trials for the 2nd time.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...nning-twins-eye-another-olympics-trial/nX7K5/

Last edited:

Ran my qualifying 10k this morning. Won my age group 30-39 and 5th overall with a 46:15. Beat my PR by 1 second so I was pretty happy. Really need to work on my pacing before the half. If I go out nearly as fast (7:00/mi) as I did this morning I'm gonna crash towards the end of the W&D. I'm aiming to have a consistent 8:00/mi in the half.

1st and 2nd overall in my 10k went to these twins who went to my high school and are looking to qualify for the Olympic Trials for the 2nd time.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...nning-twins-eye-another-olympics-trial/nX7K5/
That is an awesome time!!! Congratulations!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local/marathon-running-twins-eye-another-olympics-trial/nX7K5/

:cool1: Way to go!

DW informed me Saturday evening that she might be interested in the Memorial Day 5k I was signed up to do. I tiptoed :tiptoe: around Sunday evening, and finally asked her about her Monday plans. She said yes!
It was a bit muggy already, and there was real trail funning during 1 portion (uphill, in the woods, with warnings about rocks and roots), but we did it. I was 3rd in my age group at 28:30, and DW was 39:10.

I've had some sort of cramp (that's what I'm telling myself) deep in my right calf for days. Painful to put weight on. Some massaging Saturday and Sunday evenings, plus calf sleeves during the run, and I made it. Cross training in the local pool this am. Starting to feel a bit better. I've got the Harrisburg 1/2, my first, in about 4 weeks, and am a little bummed that I've had to pull back, but I know it is for the best.

Still trying for those elusive dining selections that we really wanted. Anybody else getting lucky there?

Way to go!!!!

DW informed me Saturday evening that she might be interested in the Memorial Day 5k I was signed up to do. I tiptoed :tiptoe: around Sunday evening, and finally asked her about her Monday plans. She said yes!
It was a bit muggy already, and there was real trail funning during 1 portion (uphill, in the woods, with warnings about rocks and roots), but we did it. I was 3rd in my age group at 28:30, and DW was 39:10.

I've had some sort of cramp (that's what I'm telling myself) deep in my right calf for days. Painful to put weight on. Some massaging Saturday and Sunday evenings, plus calf sleeves during the run, and I made it. Cross training in the local pool this am. Starting to feel a bit better. I've got the Harrisburg 1/2, my first, in about 4 weeks, and am a little bummed that I've had to pull back, but I know it is for the best.

Still trying for those elusive dining selections that we really wanted. Anybody else getting lucky there?

Great that your DW ran with you and that's a great time especially with some tough trail conditions! Hopefully nothing major going on with your calf. Maybe just a light strain or something. Just take it easy now so that you are fit in 4 weeks. As Coach used to say on here, "better to be healthy and undertrained, than fully trained and injured."

I did go back in and was able to get Via Napoli at the time I wanted that wasn't available when I checked on my 180+10. I think the free dining announcement just created a bit of a frenzy with ADRs and hopefully some of those will open up more as time goes on.

In other nice news, a couple that runs in our Galloway group had missed out on signing up for W&D. They mistakenly thought they'd had a few days to make a decision. Anyway, they had waitlisted with a travel provider and it came through for them!! They were really excited.

Well, maybe I will just get opinions. I was talking with my DH about my trip. Just DD25 and I are going to W&D. He was concerned that by staying offsite at Bonnet Creek we would have to take taxis by ourselves (2 women alone), several times late at night. He feels we would be safer inside the Disney "bubble", by staying onsite and taking Disney transportation. Now he has me questioning my off site stay. Any thoughts about women traveling alone, late at night, off site or on site?
I can speak from experience... I stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for marathon weekend, Hilton Bonnet Creek for TOT, and Buena Vista Suites for W&D. I felt perfectly safe at all locations, even deep in the middle of the night. And having been carjacked earlier in life, I am very, very cautious about being alone in the middle of the night. Now I didn't need a taxi (I'm local-ish and drive to WDW), but I wouldn't think twice about it if I did. Hope that helps!

Question about submitting proof of time:
It says "by August 4" which is a Tuesday...does this mean that you can submit the info on Tuesday, up until midnight (so just before Tuesday turns into Wednesday) or that when the clock strikes midnight Tuesday (meaning between Monday/Tuesday?) Or is it not midnight at all--but end of business day? And are these times EST?
Thanks!

I can speak from experience... I stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for marathon weekend, Hilton Bonnet Creek for TOT, and Buena Vista Suites for W&D. I felt perfectly safe at all locations, even deep in the middle of the night. And having been carjacked earlier in life, I am very, very cautious about being alone in the middle of the night. Now I didn't need a taxi (I'm local-ish and drive to WDW), but I wouldn't think twice about it if I did. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! That does help. I'm pretty sure we are going to stick with Bonnet Creek, since we are using points I have already paid for. As my DD25 said, that leaves more $$ we can spend in the park! :)

Well we were in Disney 5/14-5/18 with My family (Me, DH, DS4, DS1) and my husbands brother and grandma. We all shared a Cars suite and came back completely changing our plans! We had the dining plan set and had two rooms at Pop for 11/6-11/16 for the 1/2 and family trip and switched over to AOA for another family suite. We also dropped the dining plan and went for the tables in wonderland instead with our APs. I'm hoping this saves some cash as we weren't eating everything on the dining plan and using tons of credits for last minute snacks and candy. I hope everyone gets lucky and finds all the dining they want! Right now I think we have what we want .... I'm sure I will change it 100 more times though.

I have been really slacking on my running. I'm still averaging around 12:30-13:00 mm but really want to get this down to 11:45 for the 1/2. (Much slower than many of you ha) I have a 1/2 relay in July and probably another half prior to October to get my qualifying time for the full in January. I need some major motivation.

Ugh. So - is anyone planning to do both MNSSHP AND MVMCP? The announcement of the new Halloween party stage show featuring the Sanderson Sisters from "Hocus Pocus" makes me want to go to both. :(

Anybody know what the room discount rate is/was for host resorts, and if you already have a reservation, can runDisney change it and give the discount? Also, do they make you pay the entire amount at the time of the reservation or do they do like the Disney travel company an give you up to the 45 day mark? This is probably after the fact now, but for future reference. I'm hoping to make my second RD race be the 2017 Marathon.

Ugh. So - is anyone planning to do both MNSSHP AND MVMCP? The announcement of the new Halloween party stage show featuring the Sanderson Sisters from "Hocus Pocus" makes me want to go to both. :(

I'd really like to. I prefer the MNSSHP over MVMCP, but would still rather go to that than no party at all. :santa::santa::santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter