Wine and Dine 2015

Depending on where the chafing is, you can always use BodyGlide or KT tape or Band-Aids to help prevent it. In general, though, I think it's better to stick with shirts, tops, shorts, socks, etc., that you know will work for you and keep you cool and chafe-free. I've got huge pile of race shirts that look great but are not suitable for long runs. I tend to use them as t-shirts instead.
I usually sort my shirts into white and color piles, but I'm trying to work through them all, and re-sort into something like: ok for all distances, ok for short distance, and ok for mowing the lawn.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering the same thing as well... This is NOT going to be a cheap trip !Lol

Agree with you there. I'm already trying to prepare DW and I to not go too overboard, but it will be our first RD event, and likely her first 1/2.

Can somebody who has done a runDisney event before tell me how quickly some of the merchandise sells out? If it turns out I can't come until Friday night and miss the first day of the expo, would I have any chance to get a hoodie, for example?

At Tink, I was at the official merch area probably around 1:30-2:00pm on Friday (expo opened on Thursday). The running jackets were all gone, as were the wine glasses and some other stuff I had seen in promo pictures like glass water bottles. But I think there were still hoodies. I don't know if it was all of the available styles, though.

I'm like Elaine on Seinfeld about those limited edition shoes! I'll be there Friday at opening. Never done this before, how long do people usually spend at the Expo? Hoping to hit Hollywood Studios for the afternoon/evening.

Does anybody know if you are limited to a certain number of days you can book your room for through runDisney? I thought it said you had to book at least 3 days. We are planning 6, possibility 7 nights.

Was it one of the official hotels?

Normally (i.e. with no race going on) it is kind of pain. You need to get to either one of the All-Star resorts, Caribbean Beach, or Pop Century, as that's where the buses run from. So from AKL, you'd take a bus to AK (closest place to transfer to other resort buses), then get off and get back on one of the other resort buses, then get off and get back on a Wide World of Sports bus.

If it is one of the official hotels, though, I think that they will run buses from the hotel. If it's not, though, you can probably get a bus at any of the official hotels to the expo/race. That being said, I think those 3 are probably still the closest ones to AKL.

Was it one of the official hotels?

Normally (i.e. with no race going on) it is kind of pain. You need to get to either one of the All-Star resorts, Caribbean Beach, or Pop Century, as that's where the buses run from. So from AKL, you'd take a bus to AK (closest place to transfer to other resort buses), then get off and get back on one of the other resort buses, then get off and get back on a Wide World of Sports bus.

If it is one of the official hotels, though, I think that they will run buses from the hotel. If it's not, though, you can probably get a bus at any of the official hotels to the expo/race. That being said, I think those 3 are probably still the closest ones to AKL.

No, it's not one of the official hotels. I think I will pass. Was offered a fairly good deal, but don't want to deal with a bunch of transfers. I would keep my Bonnet Creek reservation if I wanted to deal with that, lol. Thanks!

Ok, so question to the group...

We are planning to get custom t-shirts for the race from the same company we have for previous races. I've always had them print our names and a graphic and then some kind of quote/phrase. So, we've been discussing what to do for Wine and Dine. I'm thinking of putting some kind of wine type graphic on my shirt and a beer one on DH's. We've been debating about what kind of phrase to put on there and making references to drinking. But, then I got paranoid about the fact that this is a Disney race and sometimes people get pretty worked up about non-family friendly messages. But, it's also a night race with a theme of WINE and dine, so shouldn't some of that be expected. So...thoughts? Keep things family-friendly or is a little bit of humor about drinking okay? And, yes, ultimately I shouldn't worry about what other people think about it, but I do. :D

We are planning to get custom t-shirts for the race from the same company we have for previous races. I've always had them print our names and a graphic and then some kind of quote/phrase. So, we've been discussing what to do for Wine and Dine. I'm thinking of putting some kind of wine type graphic on my shirt and a beer one on DH's. We've been debating about what kind of phrase to put on there and making references to drinking. But, then I got paranoid about the fact that this is a Disney race and sometimes people get pretty worked up about non-family friendly messages. But, it's also a night race with a theme of WINE and dine, so shouldn't some of that be expected. So...thoughts? Keep things family-friendly or is a little bit of humor about drinking okay? And, yes, ultimately I shouldn't worry about what other people think about it, but I do. :D
We wore "Beer Run" shirts last year. If I remember correctly we got a shout-out from the race announcers when we were crossing the finish line...we weren't on the recap video though. :teeth: I wouldn't worry about it!

I wouldn't worry about it. Disney has a sense of humor, even if they do hide it much of the time.

So today I came across another 10K event that's before the POT submission deadline, and now I really want to do it. It's not in my immediate area (it's in Chicago - I live in Wisconsin, so it would require travel), but it looks so fun.

I'm in chicago. Which one were you thinking about doing?

No, it's not one of the official hotels. I think I will pass. Was offered a fairly good deal, but don't want to deal with a bunch of transfers. I would keep my Bonnet Creek reservation if I wanted to deal with that, lol. Thanks!
We are at non host, just taking a taxi to expo and bus to Epcot to get on bus for 1/2

Well, maybe I will just get opinions. I was talking with my DH about my trip. Just DD25 and I are going to W&D. He was concerned that by staying offsite at Bonnet Creek we would have to take taxis by ourselves (2 women alone), several times late at night. He feels we would be safer inside the Disney "bubble", by staying onsite and taking Disney transportation. Now he has me questioning my off site stay. Any thoughts about women traveling alone, late at night, off site or on site?

Well, I am thinking about wearing a pirates of the Caribbean themed outfit, with a shirt that says, "Run? I thought they said Rum!" lol. So I think it would be fine! They (Disney) are the ones with the Wine theme. :)

Well, maybe I will just get opinions. I was talking with my DH about my trip. Just DD25 and I are going to W&D. He was concerned that by staying offsite at Bonnet Creek we would have to take taxis by ourselves (2 women alone), several times late at night. He feels we would be safer inside the Disney "bubble", by staying onsite and taking Disney transportation. Now he has me questioning my off site stay. Any thoughts about women traveling alone, late at night, off site or on site?
I would stay in the bubble because I like the bubble, but also because I don't like dealing with taxis. :) We don't really have them up here (northern New England) and I always feel weird like I don't know the procedure for getting one, tipping one, etc. ;) I think if I was staying offsite I would probably just get a rental car.

There is a running group in our area that always wears shirts at races that say things like "will run for beer".

I'm like Elaine on Seinfeld about those limited edition shoes! I'll be there Friday at opening. Never done this before, how long do people usually spend at the Expo? Hoping to hit Hollywood Studios for the afternoon/evening.

Also wondering this. We have 5 day hopper tickets, and figure we'll be in the parks Sunday through Wednesday. Not sure about Friday (Expo) or Saturday (pre-race; don't want to over do it; might play mini golf)

Can you get a Disney bus from WWoS directly to the parks, without having to transfer at a resort?

There is not a regular route so unless they dedicate busses for it during expo. I would think the answer is no, but haven't done a RD event before.

Should be a very short ride to All Stars though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter