Wine and Dine 2015

Hey all! I have a question about proof of time. I currently have a 15K in there but plan to do a couple more races before the deadline to try and improve on this. Does anyone know if a half marathon relay counts? I know that they will do an exact split so 6.55 miles each but I'm guessing they won't accept this? It would be nice if they would since it is over the minimum 10k but that's wishful thinking I think. Thanks in advance!

Hey all! I have a question about proof of time. I currently have a 15K in there but plan to do a couple more races before the deadline to try and improve on this. Does anyone know if a half marathon relay counts? I know that they will do an exact split so 6.55 miles each but I'm guessing they won't accept this? It would be nice if they would since it is over the minimum 10k but that's wishful thinking I think. Thanks in advance!
I'd email/call to ask. That's not a distance that is available on their proof of time page.

Well, I did my first 10K today. It was a trail run with lots of hills. I did it in 1:25:18. Not the best time considering I just did five miles last week at 1:02:38 but that was on the road not a trail. My question is will this keep me out of the last two corrals at least? I would love to find another 10K that isn't a trail race, but at this point there really isn't much around where I live. I would have to go probably two hours from home. I know submitting any run is better than nothing, but I'm worried it won't bump me up much.

Any advice? Should I keep it or spend the money and travel for another one? I'm thinking I should just be happy I probably won't be in the last corral. haha

On the plus side, my DH and DD did the 5k and while DD wasn't into it and probably won't run too often, my DH said he would love to run the 10K with me at the same location next year. :cool1: He loved the trail run. There may be hope for him to run a 10K at Disney with me. :goodvibes Never though I would say that. haha

Well, I did my first 10K today. It was a trail run with lots of hills. I did it in 1:25:18. Not the best time considering I just did five miles last week at 1:02:38 but that was on the road not a trail. My question is will this keep me out of the last two corrals at least?
These were the corrals last year: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2014/2014CorralAssignmentsHalfMarathon-2.pdf

Plugging your time into McMillan gives a 3:09:30 half, which would have gotten you into J (i.e. yes, out of the last 2 corrals). Of course those could change this year, but I think it might be ok if you can't find a road 10K sooner. :)

These were the corrals last year: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wine-dine/2014/2014CorralAssignmentsHalfMarathon-2.pdf

Plugging your time into McMillan gives a 3:09:30 half, which would have gotten you into J (i.e. yes, out of the last 2 corrals). Of course those could change this year, but I think it might be ok if you can't find a road 10K sooner. :)

Thank you! Unless I find another 10K closer to home, I think I'll stick with todays 10K. Although I getting a little nervous. They were suppose to link the results online already and they aren't showing up. :( If they aren't up by tomorrow, I'm going to email them and see why.

So I was talking about vacation plans with my mom tonight (they live in FL now and are going to come up to watch the race) and she was saying that she was thinking they were going to bring me to the start and watch the start of the race and then head to Epcot for the finish. But I was looking at the spectator information and I was like, I don't think that you can... the spectator info just mentions the finish line. Is that really the case, there is no where for anyone to spectate except at the finish line? Does it get lonely out on the streets all alone in the middle of the night? :) Well except for the other runners I mean... there were lots of people along the roads at Tink. I didn't even see anything about ChEAR Squad either. Is that only a thing at DL?

Turns out I won't be able to do my 10K on the 20th anyway. My stepdaughters surprised my DH with a ticket to fly out to visit them in NC over Father's Day weekend. That is the same weekend as the 10K. It was an out of town race we were going to go and spend the night beforehand at, so since he won't be here I won't go by myself. The only bummer it is the last race around here that I can use for a POT for W&D. So I guess I am just destined to be in one of the last corrals. Which is probably where I belong anyway, lol. I just don't want to be swept.

We are under 5 months now people!!! Is anyone starting their training or just adding on to what they are already running? After the DM in January I took a break. I'm back up to 6 miles now and will steadily increase. It will be my DBF first RD event so I think I want to stay back with her and gets lots of pictures together.

So I guess I am just destined to be in one of the last corrals. Which is probably where I belong anyway, lol. I just don't want to be swept.
I was in the last corral for Tink because I did not do a qualifying race. Just try and move yourself up as far to the front of the corral as you can and you will probably be fine. :) It is a hard corral to be in though for a lot of reasons. I got myself fairly near the front of the corral since I was alone and I got there relatively early and I weaved my way through the people. Plus the way the corrals are set up at DL, there's a fairly high curb on one side of the road where the fencing is set up on, and people were mainly standing in the street, so I got on the curb and walked up the edge a ways. Then when our corral started moving forward as the ones ahead of us went off, I just got back down in the street and kept weaving around people as we walked.

It is a hard corral because it takes so long to start (it was 50 min past race start before we went off) and I had to pee long before we even started. But I didn't want to lose the position I'd worked hard to move up to by leaving the corral, because I was also worried about being swept. So, I ended up wasting about 10 minutes in line at the first set of portapotties we came to at mile 2, even though I knew that the bathrooms in the park would be open and the first set of portapotties was right as we were coming in to California Adventure. I don't know why I didn't just wait a little longer and make a break for a bathroom in the park. There are also a lot of walkers to dodge back there, although I am pretty sure there were plenty that I also ran into from further up corrals as well.

We are under 5 months now people!!! Is anyone starting their training or just adding on to what they are already running? After the DM in January I took a break. I'm back up to 6 miles now and will steadily increase. It will be my DBF first RD event so I think I want to stay back with her and gets lots of pictures together.
I haven't started specific training yet. I'm going to follow the Galloway "experienced to finish in the upright position" plan, which seems to start July 7 this year (they still have last year's plan up that started the 8th). After Tink on 5/10, I have just been maintaining what training I had with the ~30-40 min weekday runs, and a longer run on most of the weekends. I did 3 miles the weekend after (5/16), a 5K race on 5/24, 6.6 miles last weekend, 4.3 miles this past weekend, and this coming Saturday I have my 10K race for (hopefully!) a better proof of time than Tink. I got 3:15:41 there (oh how I dearly regret that portapotty stop... without that I would have made the < 3:15 corral). So, that gives me a little over 3 weeks after that to just keep maintaining before I start the official schedule. :) I'm hoping to use those weeks to get back into the habit of going to BodyPump (used to go 2x a week but have been off the wagon since the winter) and adding a spin class on one of my cross training days, since I think that those will help out my running.

I have a question about commemorative jackets. Does the pre-order sell out? We are getting one for the Dumbo (September), so I will be able to verify the fit and size, and then I was going to wait until then to order the W&D jacket. Is September too late to pre-order the W&D jacket? These are not cheap, I really want to get a size I will wear!!

I emailed about that distance a few weeks back. Their response was that quarter marathons (6.55 miles) are not accepted as one of their distances. I'm running a quarter marathon this weekend as I'm still hoping to use it for my proof of time, but I'm submitting it as a 10K to see what happens (since a quarter marathon technically is a 10K, just .35 miles longer). I would still really love to find an actual 10K to do, so I don't have to worry about submitting it and having it rejected and ending up in the last corral.

I'm in chicago. Which one were you thinking about doing?
It's the Big Ten Network event (University of Michigan fan here). But unfortunately I won't actually be able to do that one this year, as it's on the same day as I'm leaving for a trip to Denver. I do see that there's a Rock 'n Roll event in Chicago the weekend before though, so that's a possibility. :D

So I was talking about vacation plans with my mom tonight (they live in FL now and are going to come up to watch the race) and she was saying that she was thinking they were going to bring me to the start and watch the start of the race and then head to Epcot for the finish. But I was looking at the spectator information and I was like, I don't think that you can... the spectator info just mentions the finish line. Is that really the case, there is no where for anyone to spectate except at the finish line? Does it get lonely out on the streets all alone in the middle of the night? :) Well except for the other runners I mean... there were lots of people along the roads at Tink. I didn't even see anything about ChEAR Squad either. Is that only a thing at DL?
There really aren't many places on the W&D course where folks could cheer: roads are closed, so difficult to get to any spots along them, and AK and DHS are closed. Still, spectators could be at WWOS for the start - they'd just take the same race buses as the runners - and could maybe walk down Victory Way to cheer along there. After that, it's a lot of highway, then AK and DHS. There's entertainment along the highway, though, and CMs and volunteers do lots of cheering throughout the course and in the parks. If it's not pouring like last year, spectators can cheer from the section that goes through the EP resorts, and party folks cheer in EP.

We are under 5 months now people!!! Is anyone starting their training or just adding on to what they are already running?
:banana: I'm in FL summer mode, which entails doing whatever it takes not to die from heat stroke lol! I'm in base mode, running 3-4 times a week with 7-9 mile long runs every other week. I'll start building more mileage in Aug.

Has anyone seen the RD email about changing the online registration form for the star wars half? I am a bit confused about it, but sounds like it is about the same just you use your active.com profile like most other races?

Still, spectators could be at WWOS for the start - they'd just take the same race buses as the runners - and could maybe walk down Victory Way to cheer along there.
Would they be able to get out though? I.e. are the buses going to be running to take people away from there or just drop them off. :)

My parents aren't going to be going to the after party, so we're trying to figure out what they and SO should do while the race is going on and how they will get back to their hotel. I suggested maybe parking the car at Epcot, and they can take the monorail over to MK and watch the parade/fireworks, then they can monorail back after that's over and use the car to relax/nap/whatever. :) Although judging by the amount of time it took for the corrals to get going at Tink, I'll probably just be getting started when they'd get to the car! And I'm pretty slow, so 3 hours plus time for the corrals to go off... geez I hope the park is still open by the time I'm done. :o They didn't get party tickets because they weren't going to be going to it afterwards, but maybe I should suggest they get them and they can all hang out in Epcot beforehand. I guess I didn't realize that the party people could go in before/during the race.

DH and I will be starting the Jeff Galloway plan the first week of July. Can't believe it's less than 5 months away!

We've already been training because we have a half here locally the weekend before W&D. Our Galloway group also tends to start a bit early anyway with training. I'm generally trying to keep my mileage at a point routinely that I can ramp up to a half pretty easily though, since I'd like to be able to do them on short notice if ones come up that interest me.

I've been training since January, but that's because I have a half (that I'm using for proof of time) this weekend. And for some reason my husband wants to do another half next weekend, which I am signed up for, but I may drop that and just be a spectator if I don't feel up to it. Then I'll probably take it easy for a few weeks and dive into the training plan for W&D. I think I'm going to do the "improve your time" plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter