Wine and Dine 2015

I'm starting up to gear up for a 10k next month. But I know I'll be walking a good bit because of crowds, hills and just generally not being ready. I just want a proof of time to keep me out of the back. I will transition into the training program from there.

Would they be able to get out though? I.e. are the buses going to be running to take people away from there or just drop them off. :)

My parents aren't going to be going to the after party, so we're trying to figure out what they and SO should do while the race is going on and how they will get back to their hotel. I suggested maybe parking the car at Epcot, and they can take the monorail over to MK and watch the parade/fireworks, then they can monorail back after that's over and use the car to relax/nap/whatever. :) Although judging by the amount of time it took for the corrals to get going at Tink, I'll probably just be getting started when they'd get to the car! And I'm pretty slow, so 3 hours plus time for the corrals to go off... geez I hope the park is still open by the time I'm done. :o They didn't get party tickets because they weren't going to be going to it afterwards, but maybe I should suggest they get them and they can all hang out in Epcot beforehand. I guess I didn't realize that the party people could go in before/during the race.

In 2013, DH came with me to the start until they stopped running buses back to Epcot for a period and he went to Epcot for the party while I ran. He loves doing that. Says he has a lot of fun with other spectators. Especially in rose and crown. Then he tries to see me when we enter Epcot. So yes they run buses back to Epcot. I have seen spectators along the starting line at wwos also so they do start running buses back toward Epcot again after the race starts. Party people can enter Epcot at 7 I believe. But that I'm not 100% of.

I also appreciate the spectators along the boardwalk and beach club areas. It's a tough point and u are tired so if they want to see you there they could. The monorail over for fireworks tho is a cool idea if they don't want to go into the Epcot party. They could also have a leisurely late dinner at an Epcot resort and then wait for you to run by. Or go to jelly rolls and or ESPN while waiting.

They weren't going to get party tickets because we were all thinking that the party people couldn't go into Epcot until after the race, but if they can go in before, then it might be worth it for them to get them. SO has a party ticket, and we'll do some park stuff after I finish, but my parents will want to go to bed since that is WAY past their bedtime... between the corrals being staggered and me being slow, itwill probably be 2:00 by the time I finish. :)

Thanks guys, this info is all very helpful for me to help my parents and my SO figure out *** to do with themselves for 4 hours. :D

Had my (hopeful - I'm worried it won't be accepted) proof of time event this morning. Quarter marathon in 1:12, slightly above an 11 min pace. Weather was perfect temperature-wise. It was misty and drizzly for the beginning, but the cloud cover made it comfortable once it stopped. Overall a good event, and now I just hope my time will be accepted. I wish you could find out before the deadline if it is, and not have to wait until waivers.

I wish I had taken a picture of my favorite sign I saw. It was the smiley faces from Baymax's display in Big Hero 6, and said "what is your level of pain?" It made me smile.

Great job! :thumbsup2

I also had my proof of time event today, a 10K. :) It was SUPPOSED to be rainy and high 60's, then the forecast changed near the end of the week to just cloudy. But the actual weather was 80 and not a cloud in the sky! SO HOT!

I beat my goal of 1:20, though, coming in with a chip time of 1:18:49! I was a little worried there because I had some really rough middle miles, and there was an uphill like 0.1 mile from the finish that I just couldn't get all the way up without walking and I was watching precious seconds tick away on my watch. :) If I did my calculations right, though, that should get me into the < 3:00 corral instead of the < 3:30 one that my 3:15:41 at Tink got me! party:

Just submitted my proof of time from this weekend! I am super paranoid now that I messed it up. :D I really wish that there was some kind of confirmation that told you if it was accepted or not before the deadline.

The confirmation page had my projected finish at 2:53, so that was better than I thought... McMillan had me at 2:55:43. I kinda wish that there was another 10K before the deadline to see if maybe I could improve, but that might be a tall order with summer heat starting to kick in. I have another 10K this summer already that is in August, but it is not until the 20th.

Just submitted my proof of time from this weekend! I am super paranoid now that I messed it up. :D I really wish that there was some kind of confirmation that told you if it was accepted or not before the deadline.

The confirmation page had my projected finish at 2:53, so that was better than I thought... McMillan had me at 2:55:43. I kinda wish that there was another 10K before the deadline to see if maybe I could improve, but that might be a tall order with summer heat starting to kick in. I have another 10K this summer already that is in August, but it is not until the 20th.

I am in a similar boat. I wasnt able to really train for the only 10k (this weekend) I could find before the deadline so my speed hasn't improved much, making it pretty much moot once they add on time for the 10k to half conversion. I have times from disney races, so I am just going to use those. I have a 3:03 from princess half weekend because I stopped for a bunch of photos. I stopped my timer and had a 2:35 finish according to that. But my new half goal is to shave a minute off that and be below an 11min pace. I thought an earlier corral would help me with that (not really going for photos - have to get to the after party!!) and missing some congestion. But oh well! I still feel lucky i am in ANY corral for this! :rolleyes:

I did the same at Tinker Bell... stopped my watch on my stupid portapotty stop. I wanted to know what my time was without the stop. It ended up 3:06:03 instead of the 3:15:41. I didn't stop for any photos because I was just too worried about not being swept between being in the last corral and having to wait in line so long to potty. I'm not sure if I'll stop for any photos on this one, assuming that I didn't screw up my proof of time. I might submit it again later on just in case to make myself feel better. :o One thing I know is that I shouldn't need to portapotty stop for this one! I didn't want to get out of my last corral and lose my spot that I'd worked my way up to nearer the front of the corral. If I'm not in that back corral I won't have any problems at all jumping out of the corral to go. :D

I booked a single night, Saturday 11/7, BW view studio at BWV for a friend, but they no longer need it. I will be cancelling it around 5 pm this evening. If anyone has DVC and needs it, be looking online at that time.

I submitted my time from this weekend as well. It has my anticipated finish time at 2:39. I'm beginning to get really worried it won't be accepted though, since it was the quarter marathon and not a 10K. It says the time won't be accepted if the distance you select is incorrect. So I'm probably still going to end up in the last corral, since I don't think I'll be able to find another 10K before the deadline.

So I'm probably still going to end up in the last corral, since I don't think I'll be able to find another 10K before the deadline.

I have a feeling I'll be back there too. I don't have an applicable time to submit yet since I was off of running for over a year. There's a 10K on July 11 - and it's a night race - but I don't think I'll have a good enough time at this point to move up out of the last corral. I'm still wrestling with whether to do it or not. It's going to be hawt as round things you throw outside.

I have a feeling I'll be back there too. I don't have an applicable time to submit yet since I was off of running for over a year. There's a 10K on July 11 - and it's a night race - but I don't think I'll have a good enough time at this point to move up out of the last corral. I'm still wrestling with whether to do it or not. It's going to be hawt as round things you throw outside.
I would do it! Even if you're not as ready as you want to be, you still might make a good enough time to get out of the last corral at least. Going by McMillan, a time of up to 1:34 should get you a half projection of < 3:30.

I would do it! Even if you're not as ready as you want to be, you still might make a good enough time to get out of the last corral at least. Going by McMillan, a time of up to 1:34 should get you a half projection of < 3:30.

I went ahead and registered. :scared:

Got my proof of time in from Saturday's half marathon. I finished in 2:33:01, which is a bit slower than I had hoped, but not bad given that it was 88% humidity when we woke up that morning. I had another half scheduled for this upcoming Sunday, but I'm going to sit this one out since I strained my Achilles a bit and don't want to overdo it. I'm just satisfied that I won't be in the last corral for W&D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter