Wine and Dine 2015

Yeah, I just compared the "finish upright" one and they are a bit different, too.

Ugh, this is annoying. Everything is all out of sync with every race that I have the rest of the summer/fall.
  • 7/26 - 5K race - Plan has 5 miles that day. I could do an extra 1.9 after the race.
  • 8/20 (a Thursday) - 10K race - Plan has 8 miles on that Saturday two days later. I could swap Thursday and Saturday runs and just do a little extra on the Saturday one to make up some weekly mileage.
  • 9/12 - 8K race - Plan has 9.5 miles that day. Doing an extra 4.5 after the race would be harder, it's an evening race (5pm start) in an unfamiliar area. Looks like sunset is at 7:11pm that day, so I could do some extra if not the full 4.5, I guess.
  • 10/11 (a Sunday) - 5K race - Plan has 12.5 for Saturday. I'll have to plan a route near the race finish to do the rest of the run.
  • 10/24 - 5K race - Plan has 14 that day. I'll have to plan a route near the race finish to do the rest of the run.
My other option would be to just shift everything up a week and wing it for one of the weeks in between the 14 and the race day. I don't want to taper again for 3 weeks like the beginner Tink plan did. I felt like that was too long... although I also skipped a lot of the weekday runs during the taper due to dealing with health issues with our dog, so that probably also contributed to it feeling too long.

I think I'm liking the idea of shifting things rather than trying to plan all these extra distances in less familiar areas to tack onto the end of the races, especially the really long ones. I am really really slow and I like to get those long runs started super early so they don't take half the day, and I can plan them around convenience stores to refill my water bottle (although I'm considering getting a hydration backpack for the summer).

I say shift it. I had to shift a few things around as well due to vacation and other races. I'm doing the time improvement plan, so I ended up swapping one long run with a speed workout and shifted the Sunday I'm in Hawaii to a run on Labor Day instead (since I have off work that day). Most likely I'll tinker with my plan even more as I get into training because something always seems to come up.

So I now feel completely official, Frontier finally released their flights for November and I was able to get decently priced flights home on Sunday. All the other airlines had ridiculous prices, US Air actually had flights for $500 one way from orlando to philly! Yikes!
Now tickets are bought, we have our APs and room at SSR, did our POT race, so now just to train our booties off!

Still need to get park tickets and maybe MVMCP tickets... and start booking dining reservations if there's still anything available! We have plane tickets and hotel, though. :) Although I'm waiting to see if I can get a RO discount when they come out. Right now we are just booked with the regular Orbitz discount, but if we can rebook with it stacked, that would be sweet. :)

So I now feel completely official, Frontier finally released their flights for November and I was able to get decently priced flights home on Sunday. All the other airlines had ridiculous prices, US Air actually had flights for $500 one way from orlando to philly! Yikes!
Now tickets are bought, we have our APs and room at SSR, did our POT race, so now just to train our booties off!

I'm so disgusted with Frontier for leaving our airport in Little Rock! They had the best deals! We do still have Southwest, but the sales are never for anywhere I would want to go. I just booked tickets for DH and I for our WDW trip in September and it was $754 for 2 round trip tickets. My DD25 is flying SW also for that trip, but from Denver and her one RT ticket is only $290! I can't buy my W&D ticket until the shock wears of my DH from buying these lol! :)

Everyone do a rain dance for me. I have another 10k tomorrow. Even though the race is in the morning, the expected temperature is supposed to reach 80 before the race finishes. But, they are calling for rain. At that temp, I would rather run in the rain.

Good luck! I'll do a rain dance. :) I did my 10K in 80 and full sun 2 weeks ago and it was rough. :)

Haven't checked in again in forever, but now that we're back from our Staf Wars trip it is time to buckle down and focus on W&D!

We finally got our medals from our 10K we did in April for POT. I was pretty undertrained but still got a minute PR and it was 10 minutes faster than my Enchanted 10K time so at least oki have a better POt to submit even if I didn't shave off as much as I'd hoped.

After air of back and forth my dad isn't coming to watch the kids (super long story) so we've had to rearrange plans. We've booked two rooms at AS Movies and had the military discount applied today. Had hoped maybe we could get a 2 bdrm at SSR but without the military discount that's out of reach. (No availability with discount.)

Rearranged dining reservations to a couple more kid friendly places. Going to do Hoop de Doo review for the first time so that should hopefully be fun for everyone.

Tried out my firish sparkle skirt and am loving it! Might have to incorporate one into my costume. So comfy and convenient!

Besides W&D training just waiting for AP registration for Princess to kick off!

I'm trying to decide if I should take the plunge and register for the other 10K I want to do to submit for POT. I'm just really convinced that my other time won't be accepted since it was a quarter marathon. I'd have to decide fast, since it's in 3 weeks. It would also take more time/money, since it's in Chicago and starts at 6:30 am, so I'd need a hotel for a night. Ahh, decisions, decisions.

Love sparkle skirts...that's all I wore in the parks for SWW. That would be the only way I would do a costume.

I need to figure out more of our plans. Need to see if my parents want to come down. Need someone to watch DS during the half.

I need a cash infusion! Need to book this trip, princess and our hotels for SWWs and Star Wars half. Oh and our Disney cruise excursions!

It will not stop raining here! Very frustrating when I need to get out there. I guess I could use it as a practice run huh?? Pleasssse do not rain on us this year W&D gods!

I'm fairly new to running, never ran more than 4 miles til last year.... I just finished my first 10k below the goal I set for myself (1:20), and set a PR at 1:07:44 (10:54 pace). I'm super excited and just finished entering my POT into RunDisney to be surprised with an expected finish time of 2:29!!! I also learned a couple things today: when they say water on course, that could mean water at miles 2 and 4 which we know isn't enough in the heat. Next time, I'll wear my hydration belt. And don't let myself get too caught up in the excitement, run as you train! And last, make sure your intervals are set up correctly... I've practiced at 60:30 and 90:30, and forgot my long distrance was still set at 60:30, even though I discovered that I do great at 90:30... so, I defeated the purpose of my Garmin today. Oh well, lessons learned. Now to try to find another 10k so my son can get a POT, he was out of town with his XC team this week so he wasn't able to join me. I'm not as worried about him starting later than me, because he's pretty fast but I would rather him start in the corral with me.

Checking in - FINALLY! We'll be there for the W&D Half! Been off the DIS forever it seems! I was training for my first Full Marathon and broke my foot 8 weeks away :( Still in a cast but hoping to get back in time for W&D. Told DH I'm going and will walk it if I have to - no I'm not addicted to running - whatever do you mean??

Have a question for those who have done this one before. We've done most of the other runDisney events on both coasts - but this is our first W&D. We're wondering about the Finish Line Party. Can non-running family members see you at the finish line without buying the Finish Line Party tickets? Tix are $75 a person - so I don't want them to put out the money if they can see the finish without the party tix.

Also noticed there is no chEAR Squad option for W&D. That's what the fam usually does.

Thanks for any advice on if the Finish Line Party is worth it for the fam.

Checking in - FINALLY! We'll be there for the W&D Half! Been off the DIS forever it seems! I was training for my first Full Marathon and broke my foot 8 weeks away :( Still in a cast but hoping to get back in time for W&D. Told DH I'm going and will walk it if I have to - no I'm not addicted to running - whatever do you mean??

Have a question for those who have done this one before. We've done most of the other runDisney events on both coasts - but this is our first W&D. We're wondering about the Finish Line Party. Can non-running family members see you at the finish line without buying the Finish Line Party tickets? Tix are $75 a person - so I don't want them to put out the money if they can see the finish without the party tix.

Also noticed there is no chEAR Squad option for W&D. That's what the fam usually does.

Thanks for any advice on if the Finish Line Party is worth it for the fam.

Yes, several places to see runners. If they want to be right at the finish line, that is possible. I assume it will again be in front of Epcot entrance. Depending on where you are staying, it may be much easier to see runners along the boardwalk. People will be all along Boardwalk Villas as well as Beach and Yacht Club. Those locations are within in the last mile of the race.

Do the merchandise vendors at the runDisney expos accept Disney gift cards? I just got one for $200 in the mail today as part of spending a certain amount on my Disney Visa card account that I just opened last month. I would love to use it for merchandise at the Wine and Dine expo! Now I'm sure vendors like New Balance probably don't accept them, but hopefully the official event merchandise stands do. :) Anyone know?

Do the merchandise vendors at the runDisney expos accept Disney gift cards? I just got one for $200 in the mail today as part of spending a certain amount on my Disney Visa card account that I just opened last month. I would love to use it for merchandise at the Wine and Dine expo! Now I'm sure vendors like New Balance probably don't accept them, but hopefully the official event merchandise stands do. :) Anyone know?

The only vendor at the expo you could use that card for is the RunDisney Merchandise Store. The other vendors will take other credit cards or cash.

The only vendor at the expo you could use that card for is the RunDisney Merchandise Store. The other vendors will take other credit cards or cash.
Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured the answer would be. So by the RunDisney merchandise store, I assume that means where they sell like the sweatshirts, I Did It shirts, etc. If so, then being able to use part of a gift card there would be wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter