WHY we go to Disney!

Wow! Loved the video. Thank you so much for sharing. Think maybe I'll plan a quick trip now to tide me over until September. All your fault. Thanks!

I love your video specially the part when you were enjoying even if it's raining (such a lovely sight), what do you call that ride in 3:05?

The ride at 3:05 is Splash Mountain. There's a quick shot of DD just before we go down the hill and then a view from the ride as we go down. The water was not running that day...it was very hot (July) and I think they were conserving water.

thanks for sharing that great video! i hope this doesnt sound weird but i just wanted to point out that your daughter seems like a very sweet, appreciative, fun child which is so refreshing to see sometimes-she's just having a blast and enjoying her parents and doesnt at all seem like she "expects" to be in Disney, but is grateful. I dont know, that seems like a lot to gather from the video, but it's just what i thought!

Thank you for the nice compliment. I'm extremely honored!:worship: This, coming from the "King of Family Video Editing" really means a LOT!:thumbsup2 I have thoroughly enjoyed all your videos and was hooked when I saw your Orlando one a while back. You are phenomenal and such an inspiration. I have hours of footage (and a few shows) that detail the "activities" but this was my first attempt to capture the "momemts" and the true "feeling" of the fun and being together. My perception of making these home movies has been changed forever. Thank you. :goodvibes

You're absolutely right about capturing moments and feelings. I see too many videos that are trying to be a diary or even a documentary, but the most enjoyable ones treat their footage like photographs.

When you do it right, you'll have a ton of great footage that you wish you could have put in, BUT DIDN'T! As for yours, I don't even have to ask. I'm sure you have a lot of great footage that didn't make the cut.

In fact, here's an interesting sidelight: when they put us in their commercials, about a third of the clips Disney chose were stuff that I didn't put in our own video. (They obviously spent a lot of time going through my two hours of footage.) It was really neat to see those clips find a home. For example, the scene in this commercial with my girls with Snow White and this one of our family on the rapids weren't in our dance video.

You should post this on their site. And if you can, post a link to this thread to let Disney see the reaction it's gotten. When Disney first contacted us, they knew about the Disboards thread, so they obviously keep an eye on this stuff.

Brute Wolf

Just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on a fine production. I know how much work these things can take. (My first rule of video is to never admit how much time you spent on a project.) You've done the PC world proud. I am, and always will be, a Mac guy, but I tell people all the time, it's not the computer's OS, it's your vision. You captured your family very nicely. I feel like I know them and would love to spend time with them...and I really don't think there's a higher compliment than that for a family video.

I just wanted to tell you that I saw your commercial at our local Disney store the other day. I was so excited! I told everyone there that I "Knew" that family.

I just wanted to tell you that I saw your commercial at our local Disney store the other day. I was so excited! I told everyone there that I "Knew" that family.

I saw our family in a Disney Store in Chicago. I was by myself at a medical meeting. I was just some dude walking around a store with a bunch of kids, so I thought it best to keep my mouth shut! :)

As for Kanga1's video, I love the dancing in the rain. We had actually decided ahead of time we would do that, but thankfully didn't have to. Something tells me Disney wouldn't want to show a tropical storm...so I'd nominate the Test Track Smile at 2:11. Beautiful, beautiful clip.

Thanks so much for sharing. That's an awesome video. :thumbsup2 We too get asked that question from family members. For some reason it upsets them that we go every year. The next time that question is asked, I just might share your video with them!! :lmao:

thanks for sharing that great video! i hope this doesnt sound weird but i just wanted to point out that your daughter seems like a very sweet, appreciative, fun child which is so refreshing to see sometimes-she's just having a blast and enjoying her parents and doesnt at all seem like she "expects" to be in Disney, but is grateful. I dont know, that seems like a lot to gather from the video, but it's just what i thought!

Oh, that's so kind of you to say! Thank you! She definitely is a sweet, sweet child.

Awesome video! Thanks so much for sharing it! I teared up when your dh and dd were dancing in the rain... perfect!! :)

We just bought your same camera from Amazon...because of this video! Right now they are running a special if you buy the blue one, you get a free second ion-lithium battery. The entire thing is $116! Hope our Disney pics turn out as great as yours. Also will be good for catching the grandkids and their antics! Thanks a bunch!:flower3:

We just bought your same camera from Amazon...because of this video! Right now they are running a special if you buy the blue one, you get a free second ion-lithium battery. The entire thing is $116! Hope our Disney pics turn out as great as yours. Also will be good for catching the grandkids and their antics! Thanks a bunch!:flower3:
Maybe even better. Black is $110, purple is $109, both with the battery special. Those do look great!! I might get one too.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...dak+playsport+zx3&sprefix=kodak+playsport+zx3

Darn! I wanted the black one, but didn't see the free battery with it. Oh well, I can live with it.:goodvibes

Free additional battery comes with any color. If item has not shipped yet, you can cancel and reorder. Just go to your account page, it will tell you there if you can do that still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter