WHY we go to Disney!

What an awesome video! I love all of your dancing and how the three of you just look like you're having, in the words of the song, the time of your life. :thumbsup2 Your daughter is very cute, as well. :goodvibes Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks for sharing that! I'm sitting here, teary eyed like so many others...your video, with the lovely music, just let me drift back over the last 20 years, taking our own bunch to the World. People either 'get it', or they don't. We were planning on buying a new HD videocamera for this next trip...thought we had it narrowed down to a couple~~now you've got me thinking we need to look some more! Now, I'm off to go watch it one more time before I tuck myself in for the night.

Great video that captures the essence of Disney and why we too return every year! I think people wonder why we go back every year, but they just don't get it! The happiness, music, theming, etc... are what appeal to me and my family. What other vacation gives you so many options to choose from. We are definitely spoiled by Disney. I think those who enjoy life and fun appreciate it the most.

Thanks again for sharing! It made me cry and excited for our trip this summer.

Ok, I totally want to go to WDW with you guys someday! You seem like So much fun!!! That video was awesome! :woohoo:

Thank you for sharing that!! Like everyone else I cried. :) You have a beautiful family, but my favorite was just seeing the joy you guys had being together and acting silly. You daughter will remember those special moments and carry that joy with her forever.

First time made me choke up, second time with hubby made me tear up (and hubby promised we'd have moments like yours in DW), tonight I watched it with my daughter to explain why I wanted a video camera for our trip, and the tears flowed. Of course, the 13-year-old did not get it...but knowing she will some day brings more tears to my eyes.

Thank you again.

Fantastic Video. Love Mickey on the fireplace mantle in the very beginning.

People ask me the same thing, being in my early 40s, married, no children. It's been a part of my life since childhood. I don't know what else to say to them. I'm just lucky my wife enjoys Disney almost as much as I do.

LOVE IT and made me tear too!!!

did you make the video on a mac??

shannon

No, it was made on my PC with Cyberlink Powerdirector 9 Ultra. Funny, though, I'd really like to own a Mac, but I teach computer to elementary kids and our school is strictly PC. Thought I'd better stick with a PC.

Fantastic Video. Love Mickey on the fireplace mantle in the very beginning.

Thanks! Mickey was a last-minute addition, as he usually does not sit on our mantle (although maybe he should!):goodvibes Right before shooting that scene, my DH says, "Hey, we need something Disney in the shot." So my DD goes and gets her Mickey. He's cute there though!

I can relate! Enjoy those yearly trips now, before you know it, yours will look like those in my signature. . . I know we cherish our memories from the yearly (and sometimes more than once a year) trips with our kids. My husband and I continue to go, but this will be our first year without the kids. :sad1: Then again, they aren't really kids any longer. Hard to believe we began taking them when our son was 5 and daughter 2--they are now nearly 23 and 21.

Your post makes me so sad, because I cannot even think of the day when DD will be out and off on her own. Enjoy your trip with just your hubby!

I was just about to post the same thing! Family of 3 with a 13 year old DD, and we try to go to Disney twice a year.
OP, your video brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face, because those videos and pictures could have been us. We've danced in the rain, DD has skipped down an empty Main Street, DH and DD have twirled in the tea cups while I took pictures...we've done it all! And, you set it to my favorite Disney song!! That song captures exactly how we feel about Disney, and I get teary every time I hear it. (Funny story, last summer, we had just returned from a Disney trip, and I was at the mall with DD. We were in Abercrombie Kids looking at clothes, and "Celebrate You" comes blasting over the speakers. What do I do? Start tearing up, of course! DD was so embarrassed, but I couldn't help myself!:rotfl:)
Thanks for sharing!:cloud9:

I, too, cry at everything Disney...the commercials, the movies, the songs. It sets DD crazy and she gets so embarassed!!! I keep telling her that one of these days she will understand.

I had DH watch it the 2nd time. He's now determined to 'produce' a great video of our upcoming trip, and yes, we may be dancing our way through the parks. Thanks for the great idea!!

Thanks so much for sharing this. You have totally captured why we go every year, too. And why some people don't get it. You let loose and have fun!!! Dancing in the rain, laughing on the rides - that's what makes it great. Not running to your ADR, etc.

Just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on a fine production. I know how much work these things can take. (My first rule of video is to never admit how much time you spent on a project.) You've done the PC world proud. I am, and always will be, a Mac guy, but I tell people all the time, it's not the computer's OS, it's your vision. You captured your family very nicely. I feel like I know them and would love to spend time with them...and I really don't think there's a higher compliment than that for a family video.

I LOVED your video!!! We are going for our first time next week!!! Super excited, but even more excited after seeing how much fun you and your family had!!!

Just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on a fine production. I know how much work these things can take. (My first rule of video is to never admit how much time you spent on a project.) You've done the PC world proud. I am, and always will be, a Mac guy, but I tell people all the time, it's not the computer's OS, it's your vision. You captured your family very nicely. I feel like I know them and would love to spend time with them...and I really don't think there's a higher compliment than that for a family video.

Thank you for the nice compliment. I'm extremely honored!:worship: This, coming from the "King of Family Video Editing" really means a LOT!:thumbsup2 I have thoroughly enjoyed all your videos and was hooked when I saw your Orlando one a while back. You are phenomenal and such an inspiration. I have hours of footage (and a few shows) that detail the "activities" but this was my first attempt to capture the "momemts" and the true "feeling" of the fun and being together. My perception of making these home movies has been changed forever. Thank you. :goodvibes

I LOVE your video. We also go every year (or try to) and we get asked the same question. I had to post your video on my facebook page to show all my friends why we go so much. You did an amazing job showing why :thumbsup2

I love your video specially the part when you were enjoying even if it's raining (such a lovely sight), what do you call that ride in 3:05?

Thank you so much for sharing....it really put a smile on my face this morning, and a bit of a tear in my eye too. We love Disney so much for the exact same reasons as your family, that is one of the big reasons why we became DVC members. Just watching your video is making me miss Disney that much more and am now looking forward to our May trip even more :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter