• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

I love your TRs so much! You have so many great pictures and fun stories!!
Thanks so much for sharing - I especially loved the OKW pictures this time, since we're going there next time! And I will try a turtle crawl!

Thanks! What a nice compliment!

So glad you enjoyed the OKW pictures and you MUST try a turtle crawl. It is mandatory.

Your trip queue looks good! There are so many places I want to go too, the list never ends!! We've got Alaska, Hawaii, Disneyland, and more in our queue!

Isn't funny how the queue gets bigger instead of smaller? :rotfl: There are a bunch of driving trips I would like to do and I really want to get to Nova Scotia and the upper Peninsula of Michigan.

This is all over already??? :lmao: Seriously, though, thank you for sharing all of your wonderful travel adventures with us. Love the prom pictures, too. Sorry about the unfortunate work situation. Doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Thanks so much for following along! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed the prom pictures. The work situation really got to me last week. This week is better because the guilty party has been located and that's all I'm going to say about it.

I love it, not go to Disney for a WHOLE year? :lmao: It just kills me that we all think of that as a long time...

:rotfl2: Because it IS a long time when one is used to going every 6 months. I'm sure I'll make it. I feel strong! :rotfl2:

And I cannot wait until October, either! I think its going to be a great trip for everyone. Still cannot believe how many folks are going to be there during that time period. And I'm so looking forward to our meet! :goodvibes

It is pretty cool that there are going to be so many DISers there at the same time. I am really looking forward to meeting all my cool internet friends in person. :thumbsup2

I'm back and finally got caught up with your TR. Excellent, as usual! And now you'll be leaving soon. Can't wait until your next TR. I want to hear about the Treehouse Villas. We added a day to this last trip and had our choice of BLT or THV. DW and DD out-voted DDfiance and myself so we stayed at BLT. Slumming, right? :lmao: Speaking of this last trip, I'm trying to get all my pics sorted out to start the TR. Maybe I'll start it by the time you return! :sad2: Have fun.

Wow - tough choice BLT or THV. I can see why BLT might be the winner - the location is fantastic and the 2BRs look amazing. I hope I get a chance to stay in one someday. Very cool that you got to add an extra night. Nothing wrong with that.

Please pm when you start your TR. I am really looking forward to reading it.

ONE WEEK! Wow!

5 more sleeps. WOW! I have lists for everyday of this week so I get everything done. :rotfl:

That's crazy about your prescriptions! :eek: I hope everything works out okay for you!

Thanks. It is actually all working out but it was so disturbing because it really felt like an invasion.

Hahah, DVC is just a confusing concept altogether for me. I think it's awesome that you get a TRIPLE resort stay!

3 resorts over 7 nights is a bit much, but I need that would happen if I decided to arrive a day early. DVC is actually very user friendly in terms of time share operation. I definitely recommend it.

All your future trips sound wonderful. So far my longest break in between Disney trips has been just over a year, and while I didn't prefer waiting that long, it was doable! And since you're actually trying to do it, it should (MAYBE) be even easier!

I am excited for our future trips. I love having things to look forward to. It really helps with the post Disney blues.

Thanks for your TR! Can't wait for your new one. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for jumping in when you did and following along. I hope to get the new TR started promptly.

Hi Mary Ellen! I am all caught up and cannot believe your TR is over:sad2: I guess I just wish it would go on and on, I love them that much!! Looks like a great lineup of future vacations!!! Thanks again for sharing with us!:hug:

Welcome back Queen. I hope you had a fabulous time and I can't wait to read all about it.

So glad you enjoyed the TR and you know I will have a new one coming soon!

Can't believe this TR is finally over! It's been going on for so long! I'm looking forward to your next TR! :banana:

It's about time, right? My longest TR to date. I will try to start my new one promptly. ;)

All the trips you have lined up for the next year or so sound amazing! :cool1: I keep saying I'm going to take a year off from Disney, but it never happens...if I end up going with my sister and niece in Feb. then that will definitely be my only Disney trip in 2013, I'll give Brandon a break and let him decide where we go for once! :rotfl: I really, really want to do a Disney cruise, and he does as well, so maybe we'll look into that!

I think you and Brandon would love a Disney cruise. I can totally see you guys doing that. I actually can't wait. I think its going to be amazing. Nice of you to give Brandon a chance to pick. :rotfl: Let him pick then you can tweak!

I still wish I was going the week you will all be there for Food and Wine this year. I'll be missing you guys by like 2 weeks. :(

I wish you guys were going to be there as well, but I know you love your November trips. That's what I am going to do in 2013. I have always wanted to go in early November. I think it will be a great time to visit.

Love all the plans- especially the hhi ones:love:. I would love to go back there with pods- and I will...just not sure when!

It's hard to fit everything in, isn't it? We actually just talked two of our friends into going with us to HHI because neither of them have been there, Savannah, or Charleston. You would LOVE those towns. You have to check them out. So cool. So southern. So NOT like where we live.

Good luck staying away from Wdw for a year- :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I wondered who was going to be the first person to really laugh at me. You don't think I can do it, do you? :rotfl:

Mary Ellen - Look forward to your report of your June trip! Wave to my son as you fly out of Allentown - he is taking summer courses at Lehigh over the summer as he is working a Co-op at G.E. in the fall.

I will certainly wave to your son. His co-op sounds so exciting. Very cool!

I hope to start the June TR promptly! I have good intentions!!!

Your upcoming trips sounds wonderful. Your ladies F&W sounds great - resort hopping can be fun. Also, love the idea of a cruise just you and Denny. :thumbsup2 This empty nest thing happens too fast.

The ladies F&W is going to be a blast - can't wait. We had such fun last May. I do love all the different DVC resorts, so in a way all these resorts changes will be an adventure.

My good friend's daughter just graduated last night and all I could think about was when the 3 of our kids used to play together and how cute they were. Seems like yesterday.

I'm going to finish replies tomorrow. I guess I don't want my TR to end so I'm dragging it out. :rotfl:

But I had to post this. I got two of my brother's tickets today at AAA. They claim they did not have a price increase yet, so yeah :woohoo:

Look how cute the AAA diamond parking pass is. It's so cute, I had to post it.

cb14a7c3.jpg

Wednesdays huh....I'll need to factor that in as I figure out my flight plans once we know more about it!

I love the sound of it. I think it sounds like a great way to experience F&W for the first time. So VIP like. ;)

I'd vote for electrical engineering/math myself. Lots more competition on the computer science side and I'm not sure it's as in demand. My ex BIL is an actuary. It's a tough road, years and years of tests. It does pay well though but the testing times were always a nightmare.

I would prefer he stick with the math/engineering as well.

I looked at the course work for actuary and it looks outrageous. I can't imagine taking all the math courses. Torture! Pure Torture! :faint:

Then again I work for an engineering firm and know how hard it is to find the right people for what we do (forensic engineering) so I'm a bit biased!

I talked to a safety engineer at Wallops Island and she said the same thing. They still need people with launch pad experience and a physics/engineering background.

No, I know you aren't. And there is a sad truth to reverse discrimination for things like this, it's hard to be a white boy heading into college these days depending on what you are going after. Both E's have their heart set on UW (though that could certainly change) and they are going to have their work cut out for them getting in.

We were talking about this last night and joking about how they need a "middle class white boy" scholarship. :rolleyes1

I don't think K is good enough either but it's a little early to say that for sure. D2 maybe and D3 for sure. Unfortunately right now her top 2 picks academic wise are D1. The good news is she is focusing on that aspect first, soccer 2nd.

It should be academics first. that's so important. I know all too well that its going to be tricky finding the right fit for Nicholas. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

This is true! Hopefully I'll have some answers over the next week or so.

I see you posted today so perhaps you already know.

Wow, you're going to need a vacation to rest up after all of these vacations! :rotfl:

:rotfl: One thing I know for sure - I will most certainly need a rest after this upcoming vacation. I will be exhausted by Friday, the day my brother's family leaves. :rotfl:

Sounds like some awesome trips in your future. I loved following your report and getting to meet you this year!

Our meet was so fun! I really enjoyed meeting your family and I can't to read about your summer trip. It's going to be a blast.

What a great looking queue! We have no plans for WDW until 2014. :confused3 Not sure I am going to be able to stay away that long. I am trying to figure out a way to make it work prior to our cruise in November but not sure it will work with Tom's schedule. If not, DL will do next year and then 2 weeks in the summer of 2014.

Well, DL is a nice alternative and, of course, so is the cruise. I think you'll make it with those great alternatives on the horizon! :thumbsup2

Too bad about your prescriptions. There is a major problem of that in the area we live. The jail Tom works at is overcrowded now and most of it is due to drug/prescription drug abuse.

There are certain areas of the country that are completely crazy in terms of the prescription drug abuse problem and there just aren't nearly enough treatment facilities for all the addicted people. It is a huge, huge, HUGE problem. 7 people die each day in Florida from drug related deaths. That's so sad.

Wow, that seems odd that you can only park one car at the villa. Good to know.

I know - I'm shocked because parking at SSR, in general, is excellent. Oh well, I'm sure we will manage.

:dance3:Yay, you are getting so close. I hope you have a great time and can't wait to read all about it when you return.

4 more sleeps! :cool1:

Less than a week now....

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

4 more sleeps baby! :woohoo: Hard to believe its really so close! :woohoo:

So nice of me to show back up just as you finish, huh? I'm still determined to go back and at least look at all of your amazing pictures! And I'll definitely be on board for your next one :thumbsup2

:rotfl: Hey - better late than never. I hope you do eventually get a chance to catch up on the pics. They're the best part. I mean, who really wants to read anyway? :rolleyes1

I promise to start the next TR promptly!!!!!

Your future vacation plans sound great!!

Thanks. I am most excited for the girl's trip. I guess I'll get more excited about the cruise when I finally book it. I think I will do that when we get back. ;)

Congratulations to Nick and his team! That's awesome that they did so well!

Love the Vacation Queue! You have lots of exciting Disney adventures ahead of you!

Lovely prom pictures! :goodvibes

Congratulations to Nick and his team! That's awesome that they did so well!

Thanks! He is pretty excited and he's busy getting ready for the high school summer league which starts at the end of the month. He is taking this captain thing really seriously. He said he is starting Captain's Practices when we get back from vacation.

Love the Vacation Queue! You have lots of exciting Disney adventures ahead of you!

I am very exctied for each and everyone of my trips (even the non Disney ones). Shockingly, last night Denny told me he is really looking forward to the beach trip. I kind of wished he waited to say that until after we get BACK from Disney. Makes me feel like he could take or leave Disney. hmmm.

Lovely prom pictures! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

I love the sound of it. I think it sounds like a great way to experience F&W for the first time. So VIP like. ;)

Well it's officially an option...I booked a ticket for the 16th today! :cool1:

I would prefer he stick with the math/engineering as well.

I looked at the course work for actuary and it looks outrageous. I can't imagine taking all the math courses. Torture! Pure Torture! :faint:

I think the post graduate work is worse...he was taking tests annually it seemed for a good 10 years, probably longer. Huge toll on their marriage. Though it really isn't the reason...they are divorced now.

I talked to a safety engineer at Wallops Island and she said the same thing. They still need people with launch pad experience and a physics/engineering background.

Huge demand for most engineering disciplines right now!

We were talking about this last night and joking about how they need a "middle class white boy" scholarship. :rolleyes1

no joke!

I see you posted today so perhaps you already know.
yep!

Challenge is, it's Evan's bday and today/tomorrow is NUTS but going to try to get an update up. nothing like pressure from someone who is leaving on saturday :rolleyes1

I am very exctied for each and everyone of my trips (even the non Disney ones). Shockingly, last night Denny told me he is really looking forward to the beach trip. I kind of wished he waited to say that until after we get BACK from Disney. Makes me feel like he could take or leave Disney. hmmm.

Well, that's the way Charles always is about Disney trips. :rolleyes: I am sure Denny is looking forward to Disney, too. Just don't let him wander off by himself and get lost. :goodvibes

I hope to get back here but I know the last few days before you travel are crazy.

Safe Travels and Have a Magical time. :cool1::cool1:

Well it's officially an option...I booked a ticket for the 16th today! :cool1:

:woohoo: I am very excited that you made up your mind and I am definitely going to start looking for rental car rates as we get closer. Denny and I got a killer deal on our June car - $150 something for 10 days. Totally worth it. A car will definitely make things less painful.

I think the post graduate work is worse...he was taking tests annually it seemed for a good 10 years, probably longer. Huge toll on their marriage. Though it really isn't the reason...they are divorced now.

That sounds horrible and I did hear it was years and years of work. :sad2:

Huge demand for most engineering disciplines right now!

I definitely hope it leans towards that route, even if he does it in graduate school (in the event he attends a school that doesn't have engineering so he can play soccer).

hallenge is, it's Evan's bday and today/tomorrow is NUTS but going to try to get an update up. nothing like pressure from someone who is leaving on saturday :rolleyes1

No worries. Denny is taking his computer to Florida so I am sure I will try to catch up at some point!

Well, that's the way Charles always is about Disney trips. :rolleyes: I am sure Denny is looking forward to Disney, too. Just don't let him wander off by himself and get lost. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: You know Denny was so good in December that I almost forgot how directionally challenged he can be. I am sure it will come back when we are trying to herd 9 people who are all going in different directions. ;)

I hope to get back here but I know the last few days before you travel are crazy.

Safe Travels and Have a Magical time. :cool1::cool1:

Thanks Pat. We actually leave tomorrow night and check into SSR on Saturday. Hard to believe it's here. The last few weeks have been flying by.

Just in case I don't get back here before you leave, safe travels and I hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

MaryEllen, I don't want to miss your send off, so popping in just a tad early to wish you a magical time. :)

I've been a busy Dis'er lately and not on as much as usual, and with Johnny's birthday tomorrow I might not get on so I'll say it now.

Have an amazing trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back home!

ME, have a most wonderful trip & enjoy your nephews.

A good engineering school is Montana Tech in Butte. Our second son went there. Tuition is low & class size is very small, lots of recruitors show up around graduation. The placement rate is over 90%.

:rotfl2: You know Denny was so good in December that I almost forgot how directionally challenged he can be. I am sure it will come back when we are trying to herd 9 people who are all going in different directions. ;)

Charles downloaded one of those GPS-type apps that shows where Chelsea is on his phone. Maybe you should get one for your phone. :laughing:

Just in case I don't get back here before you leave, safe travels and I hope you have a fabulous trip!!!

Thanks Pam! Very excited this morning since today is actually D Day!!!!! :cool1:

MaryEllen, I don't want to miss your send off, so popping in just a tad early to wish you a magical time. :)

Thanks Kathy! Very excited to be leaving today. Almost surreal that its finally here! :cool1:

I've been a busy Dis'er lately and not on as much as usual, and with Johnny's birthday tomorrow I might not get on so I'll say it now.

Thanks Wendy! Happy B-day to Johnny! We actually leave today, even though my ticker says tomorrow! :banana:

Have an amazing trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back home!

I've got tons of memory cards and took you advice and ordered one of those lens cap thingies. I also bought some filters and a hood for the lens. Of course, it won't fit right on the broken lens, but I'll use it on the other. I'm excited to try the filters as I have never used those before! :thumbsup2

Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful trip! :wizard:

Thanks Marissa!!!!! So excited to be leaving today and definitely hoping for safe travels all the way around! :goodvibes

Have an absolutely fantastic and magical trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Thanks Sara! I'll see if I can work a couple wingnut poses into my pictures! ;):rotfl:

ME, have a most wonderful trip & enjoy your nephews.

Thanks Doris! :woohoo: So excited that its finally D day!

A good engineering school is Montana Tech in Butte. Our second son went there. Tuition is low & class size is very small, lots of recruitors show up around graduation. The placement rate is over 90%.

Thanks for the information. I just mentioned this school to Denny and he has heard of it. I will definitely check it out. I can't imagine Nick going to Montana, but I have always wanted to go there to ski. :thumbsup2

Charles downloaded one of those GPS-type apps that shows where Chelsea is on his phone. Maybe you should get one for your phone. :laughing:

Funny you should say that because he actually mentioned the same thing, for other reasons of course, not because he thinks he is directionless! :rotfl:

So Today is Disney Day! :cool1:

Clearly I am packed and ready to go!

642e66c0.jpg

I'm not sure I can say that about the rest of my family! Shocking, I know! :rolleyes1

My brother actually had their car packed yesterday and they will be pulling out at 0800 to drive down to Virginia and the autotrain. They are all very excited, so I think we are off to a good start!

Time to go finish my last minute preparations!

See ya soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter