Who's getting ready to make CP package ressies?

Sounds like I am one of the few who likes to see the CP in the dark (815) after dinner

Nope, I am right there with you... even with the young kiddos, its just not the same for us unless we do the late show... the choir walking in during the evening darkness, and just the all around atmosphere in the park just can't be beat!
After calling right at 7am and a 45 min hold time, I got our first choice... a Le Chef's ressie on 12/10 for the late show with Neil Patrick Harris!!! Sooooo excited!!! :yay:

Well it took 100+ redials, 40 minutes on hold.... but we got Teppan Edo for 3:30 of Christmas Day!! WINNING!!! :cool1:

We always go to the 6:45 show and it's dark. We prefer 6:45 so that we'll have time to get a good spot in the reserved area for Illuminations. My traveling companion is a shutterbug :)

Ok. THANKS. Disney planning is so carefree and relaxing. UGH!!!!

:rotfl2:

Yes definitely not stressful at all.

ADRs seem to be one of those times when Disney is serious business. :lmao:

I remember having to explain to someone exactly why I had to get up at at 5:30 on a Saturday morning to make dining reservations for 6 months from now.

I would have liked one of the later showings too, but I was unable to pick up a Le Cellier lunch reservation on my 180 date so I decided if they had it still available I would just suck it up and take it.... so after 8 minutes of dialing and 48 minutes on hold we got...

Le Cellier on 12/19 at 1:50 pm for the 5:00 pm show.
Wahoo!!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

That's awesome. I love those moments when things just work out! :banana:

I had to use my Google Voice (VOIP) account as I kept getting "All circuits are busy" after multiple tries... but was only about 15 minutes on hold (with no music until last 5 minutes... don't know which is worse, silence or the unbalanced audio... but it's Disney audio, so makes it much better) and was able to snag the 2 lunch dates I wanted. All is good today :goodvibes

Glad my traveling companions were able to get through. We got Teppen Edo for the day they wanted and then he booked me at LeCellier for when I needed it with another group of friends. I had to leave for work after 60 minutes of trying, get to work and get right in and told there is a 15 minute hold time.

Love listening to "Golden Dreams".

Nope, I am right there with you... even with the young kiddos, its just not the same for us unless we do the late show... the choir walking in during the evening darkness, and just the all around atmosphere in the park just can't be beat!
After calling right at 7am and a 45 min hold time, I got our first choice... a Le Chef's ressie on 12/10 for the late show with Neil Patrick Harris!!! Sooooo excited!!! :yay:

I'm there with both of you. The late show for us, and typically latest dining available too! This year we have Garden Grill at 5:40 p.m. for the 8:15 p.m. show. I'm a happy camper!

Agent picked up at 7:38, all she got out was "thank you for...." and she DISCONNECTED ME!!!!!! I have been sitting still, on a landline with the phone on speaker so there's no way it was me that hung up. Now all I get is the busy signal. Ugh.

WHEW! Finally got back in the queue although it took me almost an hour (hung up on at 7:38, back in at 8:35 after CONSTANT redialing). I got my ressie AND was able to get exactly what I wanted. What a relief!
Rose & Crown, 12/20 at 5:30 for 8:15 showing. Yee haw!

Busy signal/circuits are busy for an hour.
Had to drive to work and take conference call
Call again at 8:15am (CT), waited 15 minutes and got exactly what I wanted.

Tutto Italia for th 8:15pm show on 12/12.

Next year, I'm sleeping in and waiting for the initial rush to die down.

Hit send at 7AM this morning waiting 20 minutes, but got tHrough and made my reservations for 11/29 5:40pm dinner at •Via Napoli then off to the 8:15 show. So excited!!!!!

Aw man now y'all tell me about it being better in the dark. :sad1: Oh well, I had a 6:20pm ADR for Garden Grill also on the same day so I can make Illuminations.

Almost forgot to get up this morning. I called at 7:30 our time and got the "All circuits are busy" message twice. Called again got put on hold for 35 minutes. Booked what we wanted hung up and realized I booked it for the WRONG day. LOL Called back, put on hold right away for another 30 minutes...got what we wanted again for the RIGHT day. Biergarten 11/25 5:15 and the 8:15 show

My NPH-obsessed DD18 will be very happy when she learns we will be seeing him 12/11 and 12/12!!! :thumbsup2

This morning was the worst-ever trying to get through. Over an hour of busy signals and all circuits busy; 15 minutes of hold time in silence, then about 15 more minutes on hold with music. I almost couldn't believe when the CM announced herself!! :yay:

We have a 5 p.m. at Chefs to see the 6:45 show on 12/10. :goodvibes

Got the busy signal/all circuits are busy this morning from 7:02AM until 7:37AM. (Trying to do the redials while getting DD 1 ready for daycare was quite the juggling act!)

Finally got through and was told more than a 45 minute wait time (thank goodness I was on my cell phone since I needed to leave for work!). Got the dreaded silence and then music cut in about 10 minutes later. The total call time once I was connected, including time on hold and speaking to the CM was 42 minutes and 53 seconds.

:wizard: Got our first choice: 12/22 Biergarten 4:00 PM ADR for the 6:45 PM show. So excited. This is our first time going to WDW during the holidays and our very first Candlelight Processional :santa:

Called back WDW Dining from work because I didn't see the reservation online :eek: and I was on my hands free device driving when the CM picked up and couldn't write down the reservation number. Got connected right away and was on hold for less than 15 minutes. Reservation is indeed in the system. Phew!

Good luck to all those who will be calling in later! (And I agree with other posters. I was a bit miffed that I couldn't make this reservation online this morning :headache: My day would have started off much more smoothly had I not had to juggle the phone while getting ready for work, getting DD ready to and off to daycare and myself to work fighting rush hour traffic to NYC).

I have lived and survived to tell my Candelight Processional booking tale.

After I went to bed at 3 am, I got up at 7 am and started calling at 7:05, after over 50 phone calls, I finally got through with the message that the wait would be over 45 minutes

Dh decides to hop in the shower and asks me, oh is your battery charged, It was but I look and now it is getting empty very fast, so I tell dh to take the phone and run out to the other room where my charger is and plug it i
The charger really does not reach to where I am sitting in the chair. I have to keep constantly leaning over the chair arm sideways. At about the 30 minute mark I finally start hearing country bears, splash mountain and haunted mansion music and the disney ads.

Finally get a cm and she asks my reservation number for the resort. Tell her its not with me. Tell her what cp stuff I want. Gets it all. Then I tell her I need to cancel my other adr for that date. She asks the confirmation number. Tell her I dont have that either. She finds it.

So over 50 phone calls, leaning over a chair arm for about 30 minutes and a total of 58 minutes we finally got:

Dec. lst
Tuto Italia 4:10 for
6:45 show.

The things we do for Disney. Oh and then dh says, well dont you think you should make the rest of our dining reservations:scared1:. Add him to the clueless Disney list. Told him, I did that quite a while ago. I am glad he just pays for the trip and likes where we eat. He did say, oh I hope that is not the terrible italian place we ate at before (Via Napoli), I said no, this is the good place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter