Who Loves College Football

YES!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to the games. We get a student pass and then we go to every home game. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

And after reading the latest in the paper, I am a totally happy Buckeye, our final game of the season with U of M is assured in the plan! :cheer2::cheer2:

The article I read--an AP wire story by Ralph Russo--was interesting and basically said the same thing I posted earlier, the Big Ten had to keep the OSU/UM rivalry. To do otherwise would have created MAJOR upset within the nation over The Game. The Big Ten also had to make sure that it kept hope alive for a "rematch" between both teams for a title game.

As to the division for other sports, i.e., basketball, volleyball, baseball, etc.--not happening, according to Russo. Unless each individual sport shows a desire or need for "divisions", the other sporting teams will not be divided.

Sure does sound as if the Big Ten was showing a bit of favoritism when the divisions were decided. On the other hand, it does appear a pretty equal division of talent. :confused3

fearthenut.gif

the big ten rivalry for Iowa - Purdue. really? Purdue?? talk about taking one for the conference. the biggest rivalry between the two schools is probably between the marching bands... never mind that we have a trophy challenge with Wisconsin. or Penn State - what a series of great games over the last few years. At least we should beat Purdue most of the time.

calm down big 10 fans. They couldn't save everything with the "protected" rivarly.

Iowa- the Big 10 and every one else is fully expecting you to start a border war with Nebraska, embrace it.
Michigan/Ohio State- you're rivalry is protected, and you could potentially play again in the championship on NEUTRAL ground... awesome
Penn State- Ohio State already has a biggest rival, you are second fiddle. You now get a protected rivalry game against an NCAA heavyweight and tradition rich team (Neb) and you are upset?!?

In all likelyhood the Big 10 will be switching to a 9 game conference schedule in a few years. This means you will play the 5 teams in your division every year, plus your "protected" game. then 3 of the other 5 teams. So you will be playing them more often than every other year!

calm down big 10 fans. They couldn't save everything with the "protected" rivarly.

Iowa- the Big 10 and every one else is fully expecting you to start a border war with Nebraska, embrace it.
Michigan/Ohio State- you're rivalry is protected, and you could potentially play again in the championship on NEUTRAL ground... awesome
Penn State- Ohio State already has a biggest rival, you are second fiddle. You now get a protected rivalry game against an NCAA heavyweight and tradition rich team (Neb) and you are upset?!?

In all likelyhood the Big 10 will be switching to a 9 game conference schedule in a few years. This means you will play the 5 teams in your division every year, plus your "protected" game. then 3 of the other 5 teams. So you will be playing them more often than every other year!

No doubt and I agree with you wholeheartedly--especially the bolded part. My knickers aren't in a knot--I think things are shaking out quite well.

Marshall gave us a pretty good game the last time we played--getting ready to settle in and watch, but hoping it isn't a close nailbiter. :scared1: You never know with these kind of games.

ohiost-sm.gif

Pac-10 checking in.

Arizona Wildcats...this could be the year...really. Tucson is ready. At the school where I teach, we have Wildcat Fridays where everyone wears their Wildcat gear.

And of course, my dawgs (as in Huskies) from Washington. Heavy sigh. But...watch Locker this year and I just learned that Joe Montana's son is now a freshman at UW and will be working with Locker this year. Can't wait to see what happens. Really want to get back to the Don James' glory years of "hear the bark, feel the bite" Husky football.

Did you see the police video of the Iowa center getting hit by a pick-up this week???

Watch from the left side of the screen. That's Josh Koeppel, one of the centers for the Iowa Hawkeyes. He's riding his moped, going west. The pick-up heading east, making a left turn. It happened at 7:30 am Monday morning, and having driven through that very same intersection at that time, I suspect the pick-up was driving directly into the sun and didn't see Josh.

A police cruiser dashboard camera just happened to catch the entire scene. Josh asked for a copy of the tape, and one of his friends posted it on You Tube.

Fortunately, he is OK - shook up, sore, bumps and bruises. But lucklily for Eastern Illinois, he's sitting out this week's game on Saturday as a precaution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuvW8rMoGo

Iowa football players are a tough bunch!!

One hick of a video, glad he is OK.

Did you see the police video of the Iowa center getting hit by a pick-up this week???

Watch from the left side of the screen. That's Josh Koeppel, one of the centers for the Iowa Hawkeyes. He's riding his moped, going west. The pick-up heading east, making a left turn. It happened at 7:30 am Monday morning, and having driven through that very same intersection at that time, I suspect the pick-up was driving directly into the sun and didn't see Josh.

A police cruiser dashboard camera just happened to catch the entire scene. Josh asked for a copy of the tape, and one of his friends posted it on You Tube.

Fortunately, he is OK - shook up, sore, bumps and bruises. But lucklily for Eastern Illinois, he's sitting out this week's game on Saturday as a precaution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuvW8rMoGo

Iowa football players are a tough bunch!!

Yes I have seen the divisions. I also do not understand the Iowa vs Purdue.

And really, other than PU...IU isn't a rival of anyone in football in the Big10/11/12. They're usually the homecoming game!

As I think you know the PU / IU game is the last game of the season. Homecoming is usually the big ten game you theink is the easiest to win.. For years Northwest played in the most homecoming games.

tAt least we should beat Purdue most of the time.

As I have said I do not understand the Iowa / Purdue game . But for the record Purdue 45 wins , Iowa 33 wins and 3 ties. So if the past is any record Purdue should win most of the time. The only thing I hope is that we play Iowa toward the end of the season. Iowa usually starts great then fads at the end. This year I do think Iowa is going to have a very good season, and I hope we are above average but I know you will NOT beat us this year!

I thought I was looking forward to this years college football. Then I watched todays Illini game. Oh, It's going to be a long season.

I did watch the KY teams battle it out because The Wildcats have a few of our local HS players playing for them...Randall Cobb being one. :)

Of course I am a proud member of BRONCO NATION !
Give me a hard working blue color team any day of the week, the big dynasties leave me cold.

I thought I was looking forward to this years college football. Then I watched todays Illini game. Oh, It's going to be a long season.

Incredibly disappointed Jayhawk fan here. Hoping we don't go winless. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter