Who Loves College Football

PU fans are like Cubs fans....every year will be their year until they actually start playing games and the reality of the regular season hits them and they realize they are average at best.

Will I am a very realist Purdue Alumni fan, we are not like Cub fan's, but we are not Fan's who think their teams can walk on water and have to be in the title game every year. Is Purdue a top ten sports program no, but when you look at the total sports program, not just football, we are in the upper level of college sports. Do I bleed Black & Gold, Yes. Am I on campus a lot, Yes. Do I support my school in many ways both in talk and $$, Yes. Purdue Fan love there school and are proud of it, not just the football program, most ND fans can not say that.

Did watch him the other night and John Gruden and Jaws had plenty of postivies to say about his performance and his continued growth under Peyton. Both said that he still had some learning to do, but he had improved over last year.

Haven't yet had the NCAA come knocking on our door looking into our programs for rule violations and all that good stuff. Maybe we have been average at best, in your words, because we don't cheat, bend the rules and call it gray when it's really black and white. Maybe in the last 10-13 years we would have risen to the top, IF every other school in the nation had the same attidude as those at Purdue who are in charge of getting players to come to our school.

And if ever the day comes, when Purdue is looked at and found in violation, you can bet your bottom dollar, I will be one of the fans saying to the university - how dare you tarnish the name and reputation of those who came before you, for a championship. If you can't earn it right, you don't deserve it.

I agree with you 110%

Boiler-Up

Will I am a very realist Purdue Alumni fan, we are not like Cub fan's, but we are not Fan's who think their teams can walk on water and have to be in the title game every year. Is Purdue a top ten sports program no, but when you look at the total sports program, not just football, we are in the upper level of college sports. Do I bleed Black & Gold, Yes. Am I on campus a lot, Yes. Do I support my school in many ways both in talk and $$, Yes. Purdue Fan love there school and are proud of it, not just the football program, most ND fans can not say that.

:rolleyes1 I feel so guilty. :guilty:

Really though...my team had a pretty rough patch for a while. Bama even missed a few bowls. We are so thrilled to be back on top.

But admittedly, many Bama fans consider national championships to be akin to a birth right.

ROLL TIDE!

Time to bring myself into this convo, Go California Golden Bears. I am anti all things SEC, mostly due to the entitlment that most of their fans feel they deserve.

ever gonna get off this? no one feels entitled.....geez....you really hold some bitterness.

Time to bring myself into this convo, Go California Golden Bears.
Yeah, me too, a long suffering Cal Bears fan and alum. I saw 5 non-consecutive Big Games in the 70's and we lost them all. This was quite a feat since we were 4-1 in the Big Games I didn't see. And then there's the Rose Bowl, with Cal's 50+ year absence being the longest in the Pac-10, with many near-misses in recent memory.

Anywho, about this year - looks pretty iffy. The Vegas over/under on the number of Cal wins is 7, with "under" being favored. Nevertheless I'll be at the Colorado game in a couple weeks, full of excitement...

Did you see the police video of the Iowa center getting hit by a pick-up this week???

Watch from the left side of the screen. That's Josh Koeppel, one of the centers for the Iowa Hawkeyes. He's riding his moped, going west. The pick-up heading east, making a left turn. It happened at 7:30 am Monday morning, and having driven through that very same intersection at that time, I suspect the pick-up was driving directly into the sun and didn't see Josh.

A police cruiser dashboard camera just happened to catch the entire scene. Josh asked for a copy of the tape, and one of his friends posted it on You Tube.

Fortunately, he is OK - shook up, sore, bumps and bruises. But lucklily for Eastern Illinois, he's sitting out this week's game on Saturday as a precaution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuvW8rMoGo

Iowa football players are a tough bunch!!

Oh, and GrumpyPOTFH, what do you think of the Big 10 divisions???

Personally, I don't like them.

If you all haven't heard yet (I suspect any Big 10 fan has, though) here are the divisions:

The "X" Division - Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois and Purdue.

The "O" Division - Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota and Northwestern.

The guarenteed "rivalry" games are: Illinois-Northwestern, Indiana-Michigan State, Ohio State-Michigan, Penn State-Nebraska, Purdue-Iowa and Wisconsin-Minnesota.

PURDUE - IOWA????

What about Purdue - Indiana?

Makes no sense to me.

The guarenteed "rivalry" games are: Illinois-Northwestern, Indiana-Michigan State, Ohio State-Michigan, Penn State-Nebraska, Purdue-Iowa and Wisconsin-Minnesota.

PURDUE - IOWA????

Makes no sense to me.

Purdue & Indiana will play every year due to being the same division.

Iowa isn't in the division which is how the Iowa / PU game became their rivalry game.

Did you see the police video of the Iowa center getting hit by a pick-up this week???

Watch from the left side of the screen. That's Josh Koeppel, one of the centers for the Iowa Hawkeyes. He's riding his moped, going west. The pick-up heading east, making a left turn. It happened at 7:30 am Monday morning, and having driven through that very same intersection at that time, I suspect the pick-up was driving directly into the sun and didn't see Josh.

A police cruiser dashboard camera just happened to catch the entire scene. Josh asked for a copy of the tape, and one of his friends posted it on You Tube.

Fortunately, he is OK - shook up, sore, bumps and bruises. But lucklily for Eastern Illinois, he's sitting out this week's game on Saturday as a precaution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuvW8rMoGo

Iowa football players are a tough bunch!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! That is one HECK of a flip he takes. I had not seen this before. Glad he wasn't seriously hurt. I witnessed a car/motorcycle accident before and it's not pretty.

If you all haven't heard yet (I suspect any Big 10 fan has, though) here are the divisions:

The "X" Division - Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois and Purdue.

The "O" Division - Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota and Northwestern.

PURDUE - IOWA????

Makes no sense to me.

I would have thought that they would draw the dividing line right along the IL and IN border. That would have made it:

The "X" Division - Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana and Purdue.

The "O" Division - Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois and Northwestern.

That would have given you a true East and West division. We'll see how it goes next year.

I wouldn't have wanted to try and figure out how to split us into 2 divisons, because you have to make it work for all the sports, not just the football season. You are also having to look at the basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball programs, just to name a few.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! That is one HECK of a flip he takes.

I know! I was thinking the same thing.
And if you look closely, you can see his flip-flops landing about 2 seconds after he does!

I wouldn't have wanted to try and figure out how to split us into 2 divisons, because you have to make it work for all the sports, not just the football season. You are also having to look at the basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball programs, just to name a few.

Good point about the other sports as well.

PURDUE - IOWA????

Makes no sense to me.

Another Purdue Alumni and Fan here and gotta say I don't quite understand the Purdue-Iowa selection - I have never really viewed that as a major rivalry.

Overall I am ok with the divisions - not thrilled to be with Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin (ouch), but I do think the divisions are pretty equal and that is the key for the conference as a whole.

PURDUE - IOWA????

Makes no sense to me.

I think it is pretty fairly divided, but I'm an OSU fan. I'm not sure how I would feel if I supported a team other than OSU or UM.

It seems pretty obvious that TPTB HAD to preserve the UM/OSU rivalry game AND assure that those two teams could potentially play for the Big Ten Title game as well. As long as we continue to play the big game on the final Big Ten weekend in November--all will be well and I will be a happy Buckeye. :banana: :cheer2:

Looking forward to the OSU v Marshall game tonight!

ohiost-sm.gif

sign_oh.gif
sign_io.gif

ME = Iowa Hawkeyes
Wife = Ohio State Buckeyes

In Laws = Ohio State Buckeyes and Villanova Wildcats

Jason

I went to Penn State and graduated in 1991. I loved football back then, because Penn State played West Virginia, Pitt and Notre Dame. Those games were awesome. Now I would say our biggest rival is Ohio State not Nebraska.

I went to Penn State and graduated in 1991. I loved football back then, because Penn State played West Virginia, Pitt and Notre Dame. Those games were awesome. Now I would say our biggest rival is Ohio State not Nebraska.

Well someone has to show some love for the 'huskers. . .guess Penn State is taking one for the team or in this case conference. :confused3

Well someone has to show some love for the 'huskers. . .guess Penn State is taking one for the team or in this case conference. :confused3

see, that's the problem with this rivalry game.

It was put in for 1 reason....to ensure that tOSU & Michigan played every year.

Once that was put in motion, the other 5 teams had to find a "rival" (not including UM / tOSU) that would be their annual "rival" game from the other conference. I'd agree with you that PSU / tOSU would make a better "rivalry" game but that one couldn't happen.

And really, other than PU...IU isn't a rival of anyone in football in the Big10/11/12. They're usually the homecoming game!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter