• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

White tents/cabanas at Magic Kingdom?

Yuck!!

My first thought was that it sounds like one more super-expensive extra separating the "elite" Disney experience from the rest of us.

My second was that I kind of get the appeal for groups with mixed stamina to have a place to split off to for a bit, so they probably will sell. If they were offering them at a reasonable price, I expect the demand would far exceed the available space.

My third thought, though, was that they aren't even nice. - Who wants to sit in a plastic bubble in the Florida heat?

Nothing new they are still there. Not sure what the point of the new thread is.

I didn't realize it was a new thread. (I happened to click the "new posts" button instead of browsing the Community Board as usual.) I'll look for the old one.

(Edited to add - I see it has been merged in now. Thanks, mods!)

Last edited:
I saw someone in one of them yesterday but the other one I could see looked to be unoccupied. There are two more further back that are harder to see.

Yuck!!

My first thought was that it sounds like one more super-expensive extra separating the "elite" Disney experience from the rest of us.

My second was that I kind of get the appeal for groups with mixed stamina to have a place to split off to for a bit, so they probably will sell. If they were offering them at a reasonable price, I expect the demand would far exceed the available space.

My third thought, though, was that they aren't even nice. - Who wants to sit in a plastic bubble in the Florida heat?

The lack of AC is currently an issue for me, but otherwise, I'd do it.

I think this is a new low for Disney, honestly.

The appearance is that they're doing anything they can to make an extra buck. The price is astronomical, and the way the "cabanas" (let's be honest, they're shoddy, cheap white tents) are done is clearly subpar, if that. Also, the lack of A/C considering the price you're paying plus the horrible mid-Florida heat most of the year would make this a grueling experience. :sad2:

For that kind of money, I would rather book a room at a deluxe monorail resort for the day. It is private, has AC, a full bathroom, room service and a secure place to leave things if you want. The walk to the monorail or boat launch isn't that much further than going from Frontier Land to Tomorrow land. You have the use of the room beyond park hours and it can sleep five if need be...and it doesn't look like a hobo camp. You also get magic bands and the ability to book Fast Passes 60 days in advance and ADRs 180+10 along with free parking and Extra Magic Hours.

I like to do things once to say I've done them. I completely understand booking a deluxe room vs. the cabana, but napping next to Space Mountain is just so alluring and I don't have to leave the park. These days, that's not as easy as it used to be.

I like to do things once to say I've done them. I completely understand booking a deluxe room vs. the cabana, but napping next to Space Mountain is just so alluring and I don't have to leave the park. These days, that's not as easy as it used to be.

The distance between the front gate and the contemporary has never changed. The beams of the monorail are exactly as long as they used to be...maybe an inch or two here or there...

There are things that just go too far. There's also something to be said for the "experience" being what it
Is...not with loungers and water deliveries.

Sorry...the "I like to try it once" only Leads to more tacky/elaborate things to "try". Some of those things will cause permenant, irreparable changes to the ambience that gets you there over and over again.

This upsell thing has gotten out of control...and fast.

The distance between the front gate and the contemporary has never changed. The beams of the monorail are exactly as long as they used to be...maybe an inch or two here or there...

There are things that just go too far. There's also something to be said for the "experience" being what it
Is...not with loungers and water deliveries.

Sorry...the "I like to try it once" only Leads to more tacky/elaborate things to "try". Some of those things will cause permenant, irreparable changes to the ambience that gets you there over and over again.

This upsell thing has gotten out of control...and fast.

Not saying I disagree, just saying I'm tempted.

Also, I'm not talking about distance, I am talking about getting through security. It's a real PITA.

Not saying I disagree, just saying I'm tempted.

Also, I'm not talking about distance, I am talking about getting through security. It's a real PITA.

I agree about security...but that's real pointless/useless anyway so I'm not a fan.

What's the average wait time to get through the line? I'm guessing in the range of 7 minutes and that's heavily weighted by the first 2 hours.

There's "first world problems"...disney practically invented the term...and there's "really? That's all that's wrong?"

Last edited:
I don't take a bag to the parks anymore and just breeze through security. Anyone traveling with me is subject to stink eye if they take a bag, and you don't want that. LOL!

I think for $700 dollars for a partial day's duration, Disney should provide a room and an on-call shuttle service to your resort.

I don't take a bag to the parks anymore and just breeze through security. Anyone traveling with me is subject to stink eye if they take a bag, and you don't want that. LOL!

You'll see a difference the next time you visit. Everyone is going through security including going through scanners like at an airport. Even if you don't have a bag, you're going to be screened.

You'll see a difference the next time you visit. Everyone is going through security including going through scanners like at an airport. Even if you don't have a bag, you're going to be screened.
Yep. That's one of the reasons I loved the express bus transportation.

The more I think about it the less I understand it. This is clearly a luxury-type purchase. The average Joe is not going to afford this. (I own DVC and do fairly well financially and I can't afford it. We budget about $4000 for a 10-day Disney trip and this would blow 20% of it in a day.) Others have mentioned "just get a room at the GF", but I think it's aimed at the crowd that's already staying there.

So, it's aimed at the higher end folks - let's say the top 5 % income bracket....are those folks going to be happy that they paid $700 for what as someone accurately and amusingly called a "hobo camp". IDK - it's probably better than that, but they are certainly no degree of luxury other than getting you away from the crowds.

For that kind of money, I would rather book a room at a deluxe monorail resort for the day. It is private, has AC, a full bathroom, room service and a secure place to leave things if you want. The walk to the monorail or boat launch isn't that much further than going from Frontier Land to Tomorrow land. You have the use of the room beyond park hours and it can sleep five if need be...and it doesn't look like a hobo camp. You also get magic bands and the ability to book Fast Passes 60 days in advance and ADRs 180+10 along with free parking and Extra Magic Hours.

The people who are most likely to book these already are staying at a deluxe monorail resort.

Why these don't have AC or at least a mist fan is odd for the summer months but 8mo out of the year these as is would be just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter