White tents/cabanas at Magic Kingdom?

They mentioned these were temporary. More of a proof of concept. I expect if they go long term, you'll see a nicer more permanent structure(with AC). Short term as it gets hotter, I'd wager they can add a portable A/C unit with little effort if they prove necessary.

They mentioned these were temporary. More of a proof of concept. I expect if they go long term, you'll see a nicer more permanent structure(with AC). Short term as it gets hotter, I'd wager they can add a portable A/C unit with little effort if they prove necessary.

Yeah I am kinda biding my time until then. I was hoping they'd keep the concept, but drop the price. However, from what I am hearing the demand is there so that's not likely.

Does anyone know if they are offering AP discounts or DVC?

Yeah I am kinda biding my time until then. I was hoping they'd keep the concept, but drop the price. However, from what I am hearing the demand is there so that's not likely.

The demand can't be too high outside of peak days. I saw somewhere they cut the price on those days to around $400.

The more I think about it the less I understand it. This is clearly a luxury-type purchase. The average Joe is not going to afford this. (I own DVC and do fairly well financially and I can't afford it. We budget about $4000 for a 10-day Disney trip and this would blow 20% of it in a day.) Others have mentioned "just get a room at the GF", but I think it's aimed at the crowd that's already staying there.

So, it's aimed at the higher end folks - let's say the top 5 % income bracket....are those folks going to be happy that they paid $700 for what as someone accurately and amusingly called a "hobo camp". IDK - it's probably better than that, but they are certainly no degree of luxury other than getting you away from the crowds.

If you're trying to say that this is a tacky, embarassing cashgrab by the park management...then mission:accomplished.

The more I think about it the less I understand it. This is clearly a luxury-type purchase. The average Joe is not going to afford this. (I own DVC and do fairly well financially and I can't afford it. We budget about $4000 for a 10-day Disney trip and this would blow 20% of it in a day.) Others have mentioned "just get a room at the GF", but I think it's aimed at the crowd that's already staying there.

So, it's aimed at the higher end folks - let's say the top 5 % income bracket....are those folks going to be happy that they paid $700 for what as someone accurately and amusingly called a "hobo camp". IDK - it's probably better than that, but they are certainly no degree of luxury other than getting you away from the crowds.

But a nice hobo camp. :duck:

If you're trying to say that this is a tacky, embarassing cashgrab by the park management...then mission:accomplished.

tumblr_ng7t02Y9xj1s2wio8o1_500.gif

I hate that people pay this much for things, I really do. In the end when people do that, it does nothing but give disney an excuse to drive the up the cost on everything else.

I don't have money to burn on things like this, and if i did, there's no way id toss out that type of money for it. $600 can go a long ways on other things.

So I know there's a discussion in the News/Rumors thread, but rather than clog that up I figured I'd post my thoughts here. Clearly they were not selling, but I wonder if it was a fail from an operational standpoint too. You are asking CMs to babysit these all day, keep it stocked with snacks/water, and fetch counter service meals when requested. Obviously it would feel more exclusive with a separate building. But you'd need to have staff to maintain it too. From what I can tell on here, they have issues with wanting to commit to those salaries, and you can't just throw a green college program person on there unless it's for fetching things. I have a feeling when/if this is implemented, it could be less like a lounge experience and more like a small room with a few chairs and a minibar.

So I know there's a discussion in the News/Rumors thread, but rather than clog that up I figured I'd post my thoughts here. Clearly they were not selling, but I wonder if it was a fail from an operational standpoint too. You are asking CMs to babysit these all day, keep it stocked with snacks/water, and fetch counter service meals when requested. Obviously it would feel more exclusive with a separate building. But you'd need to have staff to maintain it too. From what I can tell on here, they have issues with wanting to commit to those salaries, and you can't just throw a green college program person on there unless it's for fetching things. I have a feeling when/if this is implemented, it could be less like a lounge experience and more like a small room with a few chairs and a minibar.
I can't see the operational standpoint being too bad. They just took a CM from another position and put them there most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter