White tents/cabanas at Magic Kingdom?

Bebella

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the white tent/cabanas at Magic Kingdom (near Tomorrowland) are being used for? They just went up ...and someone on the Disney Junkies fb page said its "confirmed" (though with no real source) that they are going to be for guests to rent out at $650/day ...include snacks, drinks, evening dessert tray, air conditioning, charging stations, and Mickey ears.

Seems SO ridiculous and untrue and I had to ask here to find out if anyone has heard anything. Some people speculated that they were being used for the cast party or for a special event.

You can get a room at one of the monorail resorts for less than $650/day (MOST days of the year) so to rent one of these seems frivolous and slightly unbelievable.

ANYway, anyone know anything??

Omgoodness! This is just hysterical. To rent...it's probably true though I hope not..,anything to make a buck. Where there's a willing guest to pay for it...it shall be.
I'd never do it, what a waste.
It reminds me of the little "tents" you can rent at private island cruise stops, or covered areas at water parks...if there's a Demand....just say'n

Now if they didn't just go up I'd of suggested that perhaps they were used as green rooms last week for the holiday tapings but this.... I'm sure uncle Walt is rolling over in his cryo chamber

It reminds me of the little "tents" you can rent at private island cruise stops, or covered areas at water parks...if there's a Demand....just say'n

A little similar, but sometimes I can see the need for the cabanas at the water parks and cruise stops because it saves you from having to scavange for chairs...and you'll most likely stay in it or near it all day. With these ...you could be all the way across the park, enjoying the park because that is why you are there, and then have to walk all the way over to Tomorrowland for a little break? Even if you used it 3 times a day, that's a more than $200 "rest." :crazy2:

It is a good idea they are trying to keep guests in the park instead of going back to the hotel for breaks but they are going about it all wrong..Maybe if it was in the $200 half day $350 full day price it may be more intriguing. Also maybe if they had a special rest area in different areas of the park (maybe 3) and you paid the price and could use any of them throughout the day without the need to worry about getting to one location. They would also need to limit the number of access tickets so it's not over crowded when guests decide to use it. And lastly they would need to be better themed than using a $200 pop up tent with portable air conditioning from home depot.

Wow...

That just looks awful.
I agree....but can you fault Disney for doing something like this? May be they think there's a demand for this. Of course this prices people,like myself out of this, but even if I could afford it I don't see the need.
Oh yeah, $650, thats crazy overpriced!!

Not just at the MK... I read a post by a FB blogger this morning (followed by a live stream showing the tents/cabanas in Tomorrowland) that these cabanas will also be at Epcot & AK.

Same price point/idea as what Disney Cruise Line offers on Castaway Cay. They're very popular there (like, almost impossible to get one), so that may be where the idea came from.

Destination d is going over tonight

Didnt read whole thread, they didnt give exact details yet. im hoping for lights on space mountain.

$650 for eight people for the day (admission to the park is not included). Cabana comes with sodas, waters, chips and fruit. Any other food can be bought and delivered for an extra cost.

The interior matches the look of Tomorrowland (modern) and the white tent is temporary and will be swapped out for something more permanent.

$650 for eight people for the day (admission to the park is not included). Cabana comes with sodas, waters, chips and fruit. Any other food can be bought and delivered for an extra cost.

The interior matches the look of Tomorrowland (modern) and the white tent is temporary and will be swapped out for something more permanent.

To me it's not a cheap and tacky idea, it's cheap and tacky that they are opening this without having the permanent structure in place.

To me it's not a cheap and tacky idea, it's cheap and tacky that they are opening this without having the permanent structure in place.
Here's what I've read on this now.

This is a test that will be conducted at MK and soon epcot. If successful it will be built into Star Wars land at DHS and they have 1.5 acres set aside at Disneyland for it. Welcome to new Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter