When I arrive at Disney World.......

Nice thread! I'm so happy to be at WDW, it is indeed a "home" for me. Yet the getting from point A to point B is a pain-in-the-neck because flying is such an ordeal these days. As soon as I can put that behind me--with a bit of pixie dust and a drink or two, I'm good. :)
The first Habanero Margarita is the best. :-)

I feel like we have won the lottery! In the bubble where we are a happy family enjoying family time. Knowing we are greatful for each trip as it will never be the same again.

I breathe in deeply through my nose. I know that's weirdo, but scent is the strongest link to memory and if I think hard enough, I can still remember certain smells from when I was there at age 4-6. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

I breathe in deeply through my nose. I know that's weirdo, but scent is the strongest link to memory and if I think hard enough, I can still remember certain smells from when I was there at age 4-6. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
Actually it makes complete sense. The views at CBR are great, but the smell of the flowers, and just the scents...hard to explain, just strike something in my head that makes everything great. I mean from landing in Orlando, taking the tram to the main terminal, then getting on the bus...makes me wish I was there right now. It took a while for my wife to understand my emotions about WDW, but when she got her Minnie/Mickey tattoo, I think she finally understood what I liked.

We stayed that the Nickelodeon hotel and took the shuttle to Universal for three days. That hotel was dirty and poorly run. My wife and I couldn't wait to leave, but my 9 year old adored it. There was none of the Disney service or magic to be found. The staff was friendly, but they truly do not know how to leverage a profitable and popular franchise like Nickelodeon and wrap it into "an experience."

I always dreamed of staying at the Contemporary since that first monorail ride through it when I was 9 years old. Walking into its main lobby was when I realized that dream came through. An avuncular gentleman occupied my son with the wonders of pin collecting so I could focus on checking in. I love those little details that only Disney thinks of. You have no idea how euphoric I felt when the person at the desk told me, "Welcome home."

Actually it makes complete sense. The views at CBR are great, but the smell of the flowers, and just the scents...hard to explain, just strike something in my head that makes everything great. I mean from landing in Orlando, taking the tram to the main terminal, then getting on the bus...makes me wish I was there right now. It took a while for my wife to understand my emotions about WDW, but when she got her Minnie/Mickey tattoo, I think she finally understood what I liked.

Hahahaha! Yeah tattoos seem like pretty solid proof. And yes, I start breathing deeply from exiting the plane. :D

We've normally flown across the Atlantic and been awake for around 20 hours but get so excited for a few hours before jet lag crashes us! But it's amazing how revived we get for those 2 or 3 hours. Normally stay at the beach club and when we get in the lobby and smell that smell I am so giddy!

Yes!

I didn't grow up with much money. We went to Disney once in 1981 and my mom worked hard to afford it. I always wanted to go as a adult, but DH wasn't interested. We did travel the world before we had DD, but when we finally brought her when she was 5, I was so emotional. DH loved it too, both seeing it through her eyes, and for himself. Just 252 more days!
I was in a similar situation. DH didn't want to go until we had kids (silly!). I waited until both of my DS's were old enough to appreciate it. Now we are planning our 4th trip. 283 days!
And... When I get there, I think..."I'm so happy to be here!". It really feels surreal after all of the planning! Magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter