When I arrive at Disney World.......

...I am very happy, but tired because of the ~ 10h flight and the time difference. The first thing after check-in is using my FP+ for sleeping.

I feel so pampered and say to myself, "this is my life, I'm so blessed and happy!"

How do you feel when you arrive?
I feel so excited and like a little kid. It's a great feeling and will be feeling that way very soon!

See my name. That is usually the first order of business.

Ha! Yes, same here!

And in answer to the original question, my feelings are always of excitement, anticipation, and real joy, especially when we drive under the WDW welcome gate. It's a feeling that all is right with the world....then a beer.

The minute I step up to the podium to find out which lane I need to be in for
the bus, my heart feels Happy and the child I have with me, gets the biggest
smile on their face, as I say, we are almost home :yay:Then on the bus, I think of the welcome home we get
me feels so special as there is no time wasted so to speak.pixiedust: Usually, I have people send notes to the little
ones I take and those notes are waiting for them and that makes the child smile and gets them more excited...just another
little extra pixie dust for that childpixiedust:...and we are off.....pixiedust:

I get emotional (yes a few happy tears are shed), maybe it's tiredness, maybe it's relief that we made it safely or maybe just the idea of being at Disney gets me! But mostly I feel blessed and so lucky to be able to share it with my DS and DH!

Yes!

I didn't grow up with much money. We went to Disney once in 1981 and my mom worked hard to afford it. I always wanted to go as a adult, but DH wasn't interested. We did travel the world before we had DD, but when we finally brought her when she was 5, I was so emotional. DH loved it too, both seeing it through her eyes, and for himself. Just 252 more days!

It really is immersive and the minute I drive under the welcome sign, I suddenly forget about "real life," bank account included unfortunately. ☺️

After settling into our room, we hit up the pool bar and $12 for a cocktail? No problem!! Lol

Seriously, though, that first day at Disney is always special. I do like to just hang around the resort and relax after an 8 hour drive, but it's really odd how worries just seem to melt away once I'm there.

First I usually get all emotional, especially driving under the sign. And then I get absolutely giddy when I see the sign for Fort Wilderness. And then the whole world disappears. It's one of the reasons I could never stay offsite. I enjoy spending a whole week in my Disney bubble, forgetting the outside world exists.

"I'm home." And we stay at some beautiful resorts with some phenomenal views, so I'm always grateful that this is an option for us once a year.

I feel excited, but nervous. I hope I got my resort room requests and my room is ready. I can't fully relax til I'm settled in my room.

Yes!

I didn't grow up with much money. We went to Disney once in 1981 and my mom worked hard to afford it. I always wanted to go as a adult, but DH wasn't interested. We did travel the world before we had DD, but when we finally brought her when she was 5, I was so emotional. DH loved it too, both seeing it through her eyes, and for himself. Just 252 more days!
Seeing Disney through the eyes of your children is priceless!

I feel so pampered and say to myself, "this is my life, I'm so blessed and happy!"

How do you feel when you arrive?
I agree. When I say my eyes start leaking when I think about how grateful I am to be able to give this experience to my children, I am not exaggerating. When I step into Magic Kingdom, I always offer up a silent thanks to the powers that be.

My late father always joked with the parking attendant when we parked the car. He'd always say "tell Roy Disney, Mr Xxxxxx is back." Most would laugh, others didn't know what to think and a few even sheepishly asked for more details.

To carry that on with my family, when we'd drive on property, I'd grab my cell phone, pretend to call and say 'Tell Walt and Roy the Xxxxxx family is back and get our room ready.'

It's fun in the car when the girls were young. I get some really bad looks on the Magical Express when I do it now. But who cares, I'm on vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter