When I arrive at Disney World.......

After a long day in the car, I'm normally exhausted and cranky. But when we pull through the gate at our resort and the attendant says "Welcome home!", it's like I just got a huge shot of B12. All my energy returns and I'm giddy with excitement. Nothing can wipe the huge smile that covers my face. It's one of the best feelings!

As soon as we get off the ME, we're park bound, dine at BOG, get in a couple of our favorite rides and go back to the room to crash as we're first flight out people, so we're up in middle of the night getting into a taxi to head to the airport at 3:30-4:00 a.m.

The first time I see the Disney World sign is always so exciting. Getting that first glimpse of your resort and going "Wow!" No matter how bad the travel day was, it's all forgotten when we're there!

I feel like an excited little kid when we arrive at the resort. Can't wait to see the room, then go an explore.
First morning at Magic Kingdom, I am practically jumping up and down with excitement. Huge perma-grin especially as the opening show begins...]
Can't wait to go back!

... I take a deep breath and ALL of the troubles I left in Jersey/NYC magically disappear.

Usually drop down and do this :worship:

After that - it's just relief and magic - we're usually so excited we wind up going a little too hard that first day :rolleyes:

Butterflies in my stomach as soon as we see the sign and a wave of excitement and anticipation as we drive underneath it!

Excited, happy, and ready to totally be in the Disney mood!! It is my happy place!! that is just with just driving through the gates of the hotel. When I get to the park and start down Main Steet...like a Kid again!! cloud 9!! Then when I get to the Castle...total Disney Bliss!!!

For us it starts at Orlando IA on the way to DME my now 19yr old DD will do the "Disney..Disney..Disney" chant with linked arms up to the counter (every year since she was6)..and the poor CM must wonder "which is the adult?" as she is now taller than me by half a foot! :tongue: Next stop Pop Century and a meal with a trip to Disney Springs and the Great Shopping Ride!!! That is her name for it again from age 6 it is a good day:flower::flower:

pure excitement and joy and thrilled to watch my children enjoy it with me. Leave my worries behind me.

Haven't been able to go in a good while, but it was always relief after the drive, and a nice feeling of "We don't HAVE to do anything for a week." A true feeling of real-world escapism, which other vacations (while very nice in and of themselves) don't quite emulate.

Last edited:
I relate to SOOOO many of these! Love them! I'm usually feeling emotional and have this "I can't believe I'm really back" moment, esp walking into the magic kingdom. I love the first full day of the vacation, when it is all still in front of you! Totally agree that troubles are gone and money is no object and calories aren't even a consideration.

I think we feel relief first. We leave for the airport at 3:15 am to catch a 5:45 am flight. Very happy to see Tony Hinds transportation waiting for us. Really happy to pull up to whatever resort we're staying at, (either Yacht/Beach/BWI), hope for an early check in at Club level but no biggie if not available. Drop our stuff off and I know a cocktail/beer is next at Hurricane H. That's when we take a big breath, look around, and realize how fortunate we are to be healthy and glad we worked hard and saved hard to be able to enjoy the freedom that retirement brings. Another cocktail/beer, then off to Epcot for the first of several stops at The Yorkshire shop to share an order of fish/chips. Life is good, living the dream. :rainbow:

My wife and I are in our 60's. We trwavel to WDW every February. Our first experiance of note worthing mentioning is after we check in we immeduiately head to the Magic Kingdom. Once we see the castle standing there on Main Street we both start to cry. Going to Disney was never achievable as children watching the Real Mickey Mouse Club so this is always a dream come true.

After a long day in the car, we’re usually so anxious to get there!
Once I see the arches to the property, I generally tear up a little. Because I know that for the next week, my two teenagers will loose all inhibitions and just be kids and that my family is about to make the memories of a lifetime together. For a solid week, we are all together with no after school activities, no work, no homework, no practices- just spending time together in what we all four consider our happy place. I know that I will watch my 17 year old daughter light up when she sees the castle the first morning, get all giddy when she sees the princesses when we eat inside the castle (because at 17, it’s still her favorite thing to do), scream on all the big rides with the biggest smile, and tear up and sometimes flat out cry when she watches Tinkerbell fly during Wishes on our last night in the parks bc she loves Disney World so much. And I know that my 15 year old son will scream as hard as he can on the roller coasters in between his laughter, roll his eyes but also enjoy watching his sister with the princesses, wait in line for however long it takes to get his picture made with his favorites since he was 2 years old- Woody and Buzz, and just run around to everything like a little kid again. I know that for the next week- we will all enjoy being a family in the Happiest Place on Earth.
After I get over the first of several sentimental moments.... then I’m like WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!