When I arrive at Disney World.......

As soon as we land, I find a washroom. :laughing: (I am my mother's daughter) I usually have a glass of wine on the flight and I don't like to use the airplane bathroom unless I HAVE to.

Then we get our luggage - we use Magical Express, but for some reason getting our luggage from the carousal feels like vacation is starting, everywhere we go. That's when the giddy kicks in.

As a kid our family vacations consisted of anything within 45 mins from home and since we were from Nova Scotia, that didn't include Disney. So when we had a chance to take our kids we did, and then Disney hooked me. I get tears in my eyes once I sit on the bus and start watching the welcome video. I love watching the excitement in my boys eyes. It truly is a magical place and in 53 days I get to do it all again!

All reality escapes me and I am in my magical bubble! It starts as soon as we walk on the Magical Express bus. Walking through the lobby for that first time is an amazing feeling. The start of a Disney vacation is really something else.

We typically arrive early around 9am, so we enjoy the resort and relax at the pool until dinner.. which is usually always at Garden Grill. Nothing beats that walk to Epcot from the Beach Club.

I get teary the second we step onto our magical express bus (thank goodness for sunglasses!). Just an overwhelming sense of gratitude and excitement. I came from a poor family life, not financially, but parenting-wise. Abusive parents and Disney movies were my escape. My happy place. I always dreamed of the day I would be on my own and take my own kids. Now we do Disney as often as possible, and seeing their sweet faces, and talking about it for months before, and their anticipation and excitement, and my fantastic husband who works his behind off to make these moments possible for us and as a bonus, loves Disney just as much as me. It all bubbles up when we sit down on that coach bus. That's the moment it's real for me. Happy butterflies and tears. And mildly hungry ;)

We usually come in to Florida in the evening the day before we are to check into DW so we are refreshed, excited and ready to go! when I am done with all that flying (9 hours) I can get a bit grouchy and DW is NOT the place to be grouchy! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!

This year we will be arriving around 230pm and expect to be at the resort around 330pm from the airport (I hope). Then after checking in and checking the room since I will be at the Contemporary I plan to head straight to the Magic Kingdom to eat some dinner and hit a few rides. My inner child will be released and I will be in non stop fun mode at that point.

I did not visit WDW as a child. My first time was long ago with my young son, while my wife was in the middle of divorcing me. Although I had very little money then, we had a great time... marking a new beginning. I have been back many times since and enjoy the feeling of going home.

Last spring I brought my newly adopted twin teen daughters from Colombia and we will return in April 2017. Their previous life was most difficult. Watching the girls learn to feel safe, relax, and have fun at WDW is a wonderful experience!

Took our kids last spring for the first time and I remember two things that really made us feel like we were in the Disney bubble. first was getting on Magical Express when they scanned our magic bands for the first time. My daughter felt so official that she got to go first and that they knew she was coming and were ready for her. Second was stepping into the AoA lobby, which is Disney top to bottom.

Nice thread! I'm so happy to be at WDW, it is indeed a "home" for me. Yet the getting from point A to point B is a pain-in-the-neck because flying is such an ordeal these days. As soon as I can put that behind me--with a bit of pixie dust and a drink or two, I'm good. :)

Love this thread!!!..I'm tearing up just reading all these great feelings!! For me and my DD9 is Orlando Airport...we take the time to get pics with all the Disney Characters we can find..take a pic at the fountain in the same pose to hang on our wall( love seeing how much she grows)..then excitement grows as we catch the "mini monorail"...and catch site of all the MEs lines up...but the tears start when we see and go under the Welcome sign....never fails....we are smiling and crying...and laughing...we get odd looks...but after all it's Disney....

I felt so excited and proud. I'd saved my pennies to take my solo trip. Navigating the airports was something that I was nervous about. Once I was really there, I felt great! I couldn't wait to get to a park!

"OMG, I have to pee. Check in can wait another minute."

After that, I feel like all our crazy busy schedules at home can be ignored and we can have fun. I am extremely grateful to have a husband who loves Disney as much as I do. I never traveled when growing up and my husband (then boyfriend) took me to Disney for the first time when I was 20. We ow bring our 3 kids every year, sometimes multiple times in one year.

After a long day in the car, we’re usually so anxious to get there!
Once I see the arches to the property, I generally tear up a little. Because I know that for the next week, my two teenagers will loose all inhibitions and just be kids and that my family is about to make the memories of a lifetime together. For a solid week, we are all together with no after school activities, no work, no homework, no practices- just spending time together in what we all four consider our happy place. I know that I will watch my 17 year old daughter light up when she sees the castle the first morning, get all giddy when she sees the princesses when we eat inside the castle (because at 17, it’s still her favorite thing to do), scream on all the big rides with the biggest smile, and tear up and sometimes flat out cry when she watches Tinkerbell fly during Wishes on our last night in the parks bc she loves Disney World so much. And I know that my 15 year old son will scream as hard as he can on the roller coasters in between his laughter, roll his eyes but also enjoy watching his sister with the princesses, wait in line for however long it takes to get his picture made with his favorites since he was 2 years old- Woody and Buzz, and just run around to everything like a little kid again. I know that for the next week- we will all enjoy being a family in the Happiest Place on Earth.
After I get over the first of several sentimental moments.... then I’m like WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :yay:

I love this! I remember going as a teenager with my parents and my one year younger cousin...the awesome way it feels when you are 17 to just be a kid for a week!! They are some of our greatest memories. My cousin and I still talk about them. Now I go with my parents and my 2 young sons and we get to do it all over again. I hope my boys are like that when we go as teenagers.

LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

I started to quote a lot of threads that really linked directly to me but then realized I would be quoting practically the ENTIRE thread! So, I will just try to sum up my thoughts ...

I am absolutely ECSTATIC! I have a HUGE grin on my face and am giddy with excitement. Since I have traveled both by car and plane, the feeling that it feels official that I am at Disney when I first head into the resort. Driving through the gates of the resort and then checking in. Looking at all the sights and sounds.

I, too get weepy and just say a prayer of thanks that I have the opportunity to experience a week of wonder, joy, adventure, and loads of fun with my family.
I am one of those people who can't wait to check in and then hop on the first bus to MK and embrace the magic!

I feel so super excited and start talking a mile a minute!! We usually go pick up our refillable mugs, check out our room,and hop on a bus to Magic Kingdom!

Last year we switched things up a little and after we checked in we went to the pool and had a cocktail. That was a nice way to be Welcomed Home!

I feel gratitude, relief that we made it safely, and am giddy with anticipation. While walking down Main St. I flash to 1975, when I was 5 and we lived in Orlando. My dad would be given tickets through work. I would swear that Tomorrowland Speedway was a HUGE track back then! I remember a high school trip in the 80s when our band marched in a parade there and visiting the new park, EPCOT. A handsome CM from France made my friends and I blush and giggle like fools. So many memories come rushing back!

When we found out that we were going to be adoptive parents to 3 young children, the first thought I had was "I can't wait to take them to Disney World!" :crazy: It took a couple of years to be able to do it, and it was a bear of a trip in many ways, but the minute we got back home I was planning the next one!

It takes a little bit to for me to relax... once we land and the plane slows down, then it starts.... complete relaxation really sets in when I see all our luggage has arrived in our room. But that first stroll under the MK train tunnel and the smell of popcorn screams "we are here"! 2 months to go and we are there!

If our room isn't ready check with front desk, then pool time with the family, cocktail as soon as the bar opens and time to be brain dead for the next 10 days!!!!

We stayed at the BWI many times and each time that "Welcome Home" would just light up my smile. We would drop our stuff off in the room or with the valet if the room wasn't ready and wander over to Epcot. Each step closer to the International Gateway, with the music playing in the background, would make my smile even wider.

As others have noted, the stress of "real life" would just fade away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter