What series are you streaming?

I have read many of Julia Quinn's books and for the time the chances of so much of the unmarried girls have sex before the wedding would be implausible. you could actually get divorced for adultery for that at the time. As for making it diverse for the sake of fairness there where about 20000 black people in London at the time in a population of over a million mostly servants and the queen was not black nor would she encourage George to marry Daphne a mere nobody nor would she be able to stop a special licence neither parts where in the book. It is all part of a piece lets change history to be fair in a time where if Daphne and Simon fell in love it would have been illegal in America to marry. The only thing they got slightly right was Mariana if she had not married the fate of the child would be to be abandoned in a foundling hospital.

It's fiction...

I have read many of Julia Quinn's books and for the time the chances of so much of the unmarried girls have sex before the wedding would be implausible. you could actually get divorced for adultery for that at the time. As for making it diverse for the sake of fairness there where about 20000 black people in London at the time in a population of over a million mostly servants and the queen was not black nor would she encourage George to marry Daphne a mere nobody nor would she be able to stop a special licence neither parts where in the book. It is all part of a piece lets change history to be fair in a time where if Daphne and Simon fell in love it would have been illegal in America to marry. The only thing they got slightly right was Mariana if she had not married the fate of the child would be to be abandoned in a foundling hospital.

A spoiler warning would have been nice......

This is a campy show based very loosely on history.

Bridgerton is not meant to be a serious take on Regency England, it's meant to be a frothy confection of plots and subplots- even the costumes are not strictly correct for the times. If you watch it in the same vein as you would read a historical romance novel, you might have enjoyed it better. As for the diversity in the cast, I found it refreshing even if it *wasn't* historically correct. Period drama is almost always exclusively cast with white actors. To see people of color in positions of power and prestige can only be a good thing, IMO.

But then, I could be blinded by the glorious hotness that is Rege Jean-Page as the Duke of Hastings...

Rege Jean-Page is gorgeous! Wow never saw him before anywhere so so good looking

Its a good job its loosely based when you look at all these lovely green dresses remember when they where made in the 1800's the dye was made with arsenic! just if having poisonous dresses was bad enough they used arsenic based green dye in FOOD.

...all these lovely green dresses remember when they where made in the 1800's the dye was made with arsenic!

I haven’t seen the show, but I do remember reading something about that just recently. - Makes me glad I didn’t live then!

I think we need to suspend our knowledge of reality sometimes to enjoy stories for what they are.

I haven’t seen the show, but I do remember reading something about that just recently. - Makes me glad I didn’t live then!

I think we need to suspend our knowledge of reality sometimes to enjoy stories for what they are.

I agree. This is just a general comment and not directed at anyone specific: Sometimes I think people forget how to just take things at face value and simply enjoy them as they're presented. No need to look for flaws, inconsistencies, and inaccuracies everywhere.

Last edited:
Finished (caught up) Chicago Fire and am now working on Chicago Med.

So far I like Chicago Fire more. But since the three shows are so intertwined I have to watch them all. Expect PD is not available (for some odd reason) on IMBD. So I will just started watching that from the current season.

Finished (caught up) Chicago Fire and am now working on Chicago Med.

So far I like Chicago Fire more. But since the three shows are so intertwined I have to watch them all. Expect PD is not available (for some odd reason) on IMBD. So I will just started watching that from the current season.
DH and I watch all 3 and really enjoy them. I agree that Fire is better than Med (and the best of the 3). PD is good but has had some seasons better than others. That’s too bad it’s not available to stream.

DH and I watch all 3 and really enjoy them. I agree that Fire is better than Med (and the best of the 3). PD is good but has had some seasons better than others. That’s too bad it’s not available to stream.
I just checked (again) and it looks PD might actually be available on Peacock (free version). Hopefully it still is when I get to it, in a couple months.

I loved the Flight Attendant. The Undoing was okay but honestly, what happened to Hugh Grant? Bridgerton was not my cup of tea. It felt vapid and I could have done with less explicit content. I thought the Queen’s Gambit was great. Schitt’s Creek was great for me through about season 4.

I watched all 8 episodes of Bridgerton on New Year's day. Just finished the first season of Northern Rescue. I see the third season of Cobra Kai is available but holding off awhile before continuing the series.
I have watched the first 3 episodes of Stephen King's The Stand on CBS All Access & truthfully it is crap. If I hadn't read the book (one of my all time faves) more than once, I would not have a clue as to what is going on.

I very much enjoyed Bridgerton. We are currently rewatching Community and Portlandia.

So in the past few months we’ve streamed:
The Undoing
Community (twice)
The IT Crowd (twice)
The Good Place
Queen’s Gambit
The Undoing
Clone Wars
Mando
Numerous murder mystery’s

Currentlt streaming Kim’s Convenience.

So in the past few months we’ve streamed:
The Undoing
Community (twice)
The IT Crowd (twice)
The Good Place
Queen’s Gambit
The Undoing
Clone Wars
Mando
Numerous murder mystery’s

Currentlt streaming Kim’s Convenience.

Loved The Queen’s Gambit, Kim’s Convenience, and The Good Place!

Really going through shows quickly as I just let Netflix go and am on a free trial with Amazon - so tick tock

*The Queen's Gambit - gorgeous series
*The Wilds - could not decide if this show was absurd, but then somehow kept continuously pressing next episode - some of the actors are brilliant and some are nails on a chalkboard
*James May, Our Man in Japan - loved
*Fleabag - watch multiple times whenever I am on a free trial - makes me feel like everything is wonderful in my world - adore Claire

(Also loved Palm Springs, silly and fun!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter