What series are you streaming?

To those of you watching Bridgerton, did you read the books? Trying to decide which to do first.

I've read all the books multiple times and I was so afraid they would mess things up terribly, but we gave it a chance this weekend and enjoyed it. I still think the books are better and the show has inspired another re-read (one chapter in and I was getting mad at how they did Anthony so dirty on the show).

Just finished the Undoing.

I want to check out the Flight Attendant

The Flight Attendant is a good show, very quirky and different, but we enjoyed it and recommend it.
The undoing was good too.

In the middle of Bridgerton, I love these type of shows, can't wait to read the books.

We just finished season one of Selena, the series, enjoyed it too. Netflix.

The Flight Attendant is a good show, very quirky and different, but we enjoyed it and recommend it.
The undoing was good too.

In the middle of Bridgerton, I love these type of shows, can't wait to read the books.

We just finished season one of Selena, the series, enjoyed it too. Netflix.

They were just talking about this on GMA this morning and how good it is.

Right now I am watching the Mentalist. Also enjoyed The Guardian which Simon Baker is also in.

We are also watching Alias.
In the past we have enjoyed Homeland, 24, Sopranos, West Wing, The Good Wife, How to get away with Murder, Suits, Bluebloods, Downton Abbey, The Crown.

I just finished Once Upon a Time for the hundredth time.

Currently watching:
The Stand
Roswell, NM
His Dark Materials
Falling Skies

Planning to rewatch:
Outlander
The 100
The Fosters
The Walking Dead
Invasion

Waiting impatiently for Cobra Kai.

I just finished Once Upon a Time for the hundredth time.

Currently watching:
The Stand
Roswell, NM
His Dark Materials
Falling Skies

Planning to rewatch:
Outlander
The 100
The Fosters
The Walking Dead
Invasion

Waiting impatiently for Cobra Kai.

Yes! We have been on countdown for Cobra Kai! It's so close now, hang in there :woohoo:

I’m embarrassed to say how many shows we’ve binged during this. We’ve had pretty restrictive measures here, so I’m using that as an excuse.

With DH:
Tiger King & Morning Show
More recently:
Queen’s Gambit
Undoing
Flight Attendant
Selena
And we just started Yellowstone

With ODD:
Criminal Minds
Black-ish/Grown-ish/Mixed-ish
Rewatched Glee
On Pointe
Watching NCIS & Schitt’s Creek now

On my own:
Younger
All American
The Game
Virgin River
Sweet Magnolias
Bridgerton
Pretty Little Things
The Crown

most of mine, I watch on the treadmill.

I was behind the times and just finished Schitt's Creek. I ended up enjoying it after struggling to "love" the characters at first.

I see that Yellowstone is finally free-streaming now (for me) so I'll probably start that tonight.

I found Bridgeton to be disappointing putting aside there where only 20000 black people in a population of 1.4 million and the ones who where there where in trade or servants. The powdered wigs on the pages where taxed out of use by 1800. The queen had a German accent and could not have stopped the issuing of a special marriage and the idea that a Queen would want the mere daughter of a dead viscount as her niece was laughable. Colin wouldn't have done the grand tour because Europe in 1812 was in the last few years of the napoleonic wars so grand tours that gentlemen took didn't happen. Mariana marriage to the brother was a necessity as the baby's fate would have been to be sent to a foundling hospital. The radio times put in an article wondering who would inherit Penelope's father title suggesting a love child could inherit that isn't possible.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-12-25/bridgerton-finale-ending-explained-netflix/But, of course, we – the viewers – are not let in on the secret. Who could this man be? Someone we know, or a newcomer to the story? A lovechild, perhaps? A distant cousin?

As an RN, I would never watch "Nurses". LOL
Just the previews were horrible. I have never known a nurse to act the way they did on just the previews. I hope people don't take this seriously!

I found Bridgeton to be disappointing

Bridgerton is not meant to be a serious take on Regency England, it's meant to be a frothy confection of plots and subplots- even the costumes are not strictly correct for the times. If you watch it in the same vein as you would read a historical romance novel, you might have enjoyed it better. As for the diversity in the cast, I found it refreshing even if it *wasn't* historically correct. Period drama is almost always exclusively cast with white actors. To see people of color in positions of power and prestige can only be a good thing, IMO.

But then, I could be blinded by the glorious hotness that is Rege Jean-Page as the Duke of Hastings...

Bridgerton is not meant to be a serious take on Regency England, it's meant to be a frothy confection of plots and subplots- even the costumes are not strictly correct for the times. If you watch it in the same vein as you would read a historical romance novel, you might have enjoyed it better. As for the diversity in the cast, I found it refreshing even if it *wasn't* historically correct. Period drama is almost always exclusively cast with white actors. To see people of color in positions of power and prestige can only be a good thing, IMO.

But then, I could be blinded by the glorious hotness that is Rege Jean-Page as the Duke of Hastings...
I watched the first episode yesterday since I've heard everyone talk about it and didn't want to miss out, lol. I love period pieces, Downton Abbey and The Crown are two of my favorites. I'm not familiar with the books this series is based on, might have to check that out. Also, this is executive produced by Shonda Rimes, correct? That should tell you something about what to expect if you've seen any of her shows. I'm still not sure if this is supposed to parody or not though. I will give it a few more episodes.

Just finished Designated Survivor. Kind of bummed out it ended after three seasons. It was surprisingly good. Now on to Cobra Kai. Corny but entertaining.

I have read many of Julia Quinn's books and for the time the chances of so much of the unmarried girls have sex before the wedding would be implausible. you could actually get divorced for adultery for that at the time. As for making it diverse for the sake of fairness there where about 20000 black people in London at the time in a population of over a million mostly servants and the queen was not black nor would she encourage George to marry Daphne a mere nobody nor would she be able to stop a special licence neither parts where in the book. It is all part of a piece lets change history to be fair in a time where if Daphne and Simon fell in love it would have been illegal in America to marry. The only thing they got slightly right was Mariana if she had not married the fate of the child would be to be abandoned in a foundling hospital.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter