• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What ride did you skip for years but when you finally rode it you really liked it?

Space Mountain, I avoided it my whole life because I don't like roller coasters. Anything that makes me free fall or go upside down gives me that knot in your stomach feeling and I hate that! I tried Tower of Terror a few years ago and ended up closing my eyes and praying for my life. Space Mountain was completely in the dark and I didn't have any problem what so ever, I was so happy!

Rock and Roller Coaster--I've always been afraid of it, but my daughter really wanted to ride it last time and no one else in my family would ride with her. So I did. I was SO scared waiting in line, and waiting in the car just before it "takes off." But it was fun. I rode it twice!

I still haven't done Tower of Terror. Afraid of that one, too.

I skipped Test Track for years because I get motion sickness. I tried it last trip and then 3 more times before we came home. I was totally fine and worried for nothing.

We have always skipped Living With The Land. Then decided to ride it a couple years ago. We really enjoyed it and now make sure we ride it each trip. We also have booked Behind the Seeds.
Another thing we have skipped is the People Mover. It is not a thrill ride but we enjoy it for a nice relaxing break.

Such a great thread! Thanks OP!! I've never had this problem, kind of a ride junkie, and have gone for years! It always makes me sad when people say this ride or that ride is too scary, or a waste of time; that can impact new visitor's decisions. They are all part of the whole and someone's vision. Not everyone will like every ride (like me), but many people will be surprised at how enjoyable most things are if given a chance. (no flames please, I realize there are physical and emotional reasons for not riding; that's not what I'm talking about:)

Rock and Roller Coaster--I've always been afraid of it, but my daughter really wanted to ride it last time and no one else in my family would ride with her. So I did. I was SO scared waiting in line, and waiting in the car just before it "takes off." But it was fun. I rode it twice!

I still haven't done Tower of Terror. Afraid of that one, too.
Tower of Terror is the only ride at Disney that scares me. I tried it 3 different times different years of course hoping I could over my fear. Well I still fear it:rotfl: Just cant seem to like the feeling of falling.

Test Track

We went the year it opened in HS with marching band, had a fast pass, but we forgot we had one and I never got to ride in until 2010.

Splash Mountain! I have no idea what the issue was, but once I finally rode it, it became a must-do.
The issue was probably because everyone is watching all the screaming people come down the giant drop outside:rotfl:. Which is the scariest part of the ride.

I had always refused to ride Rock n RollerCoaster and Expedition Everest. Last summer my DSiL, who was on his first visit ever, told me if I could ride Space Mountain I could ride those two! He was right! I probably won't ride Space Mountain again, it's just too rough, but I will definitely ride the other two the next time we go back.

My (now)husband was always used to going with his mom before he ever took me for the first time, and she had always encouraged him to skip the Tomorrowland Speedway, Ellen, and Kilimanjaro Safari, due to lines or length or whatever reason. When we went on our honeymoon this year, I said I had had enough and I wanted it all. He had a blast, and I really think experiencing it with new eyes with me made all of the difference. Ellen is still not a huge hit with anyone but me, but the Speedway is now a must as long as I get to drive! :P

Tower of Terror is the only ride at Disney that scares me. I tried it 3 different times different years of course hoping I could over my fear. Well I still fear it:rotfl: Just cant seem to like the feeling of falling.

ToT is the only ride at WDW that I don't ride. I have been on it because I thought it would be a flawed argument to say I didn't like it without having rode it & I am glad I have because the theme is superb - they really knocked it out of the park (pun intended). I don't fear it but the suspense of the drop & the motion of the ride itself aren't fun for me, personal choice. I can see why so many people enjoy it though.

for some reason, my parents never took us while we were young to the enchanted tiki room, I feel like I remember them saying its "just a waste of time." I even skipped it a few times myself when I was on the west coast and doing disneyland (i think three times of my own volition!) and then finally attended it...and totally loved it! I was exceptionally upset when I took my now fiancee to the show in disneyworld which seemed to not be nearly as nice (wheres that fountain tho?!).

TOT. I was afraid of it for years, but I finally forced myself to ride, and now it's one of my favorite rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter