• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What ride did you skip for years but when you finally rode it you really liked it?

Great thread! We skipped TSMM our first three trips, mainly because the FP's would always be gone by the time we got there & we were turned off by the wait.. But we decided to FP+ it last year and we are hooked!!! I think we rode it three or four times and can't wait to go again this year. It's certainly an addicting ride!

We have always skipped Living With The Land. Then decided to ride it a couple years ago. We really enjoyed it and now make sure we ride it each trip. We also have booked Behind the Seeds.
Another thing we have skipped is the People Mover. It is not a thrill ride but we enjoy it for a nice relaxing break.

People Mover !! We never miss it now !!

Splash Mountain... if you can believe it! It always seemed that we ran into poor weather whenever we got close to riding it! Now that I've gone on it once, I'm making sure to FastPass it again! Great fun!

Also, Spaceship Earth. How awesome is that one.

TTA. Even in the middle of riding it for the first time I wasn't all that impressed. Then I couldn't get it out of my mind.

We skipped COP for the better part of 15 trips. Had no idea what it was. Looked like something for kiddies so we steered clear. Now it's a must do each trip x several times.

Spaceship Earth and Jungle Cruise! Did them for the first time last year. Dunno why i hadnt done them before.

Also TTA; it would be a gap filler before a fp for SM or Buzz and never really enjoyed it but last time it really got the attention it deserved. Such a lovely little relaxing ride.

TSMM for 3 or 4 trips after it opened. I just wasn't willing to partake in the madness it took to get a FP. Last trip had FP+ so we went for it. It was fun and I'll definitely do it again, but I'm glad I didn't bother with the insanity in the early trips. I enjoy any ride with games that allow me to kick my husband's butt. (His side is aaaaalways broken...)

Mine would be Astro Orbiter. DD and I rode it for the first time at night during the fireworks. Cool.

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I tend to be a little gun-shy of attractions that don't actually move, and was skeptical as to how funny it would actually be, but this was a real gem. I probably wouldn't wait more than 10 or 15 minutes for it, but I really enjoy it whenever I make time for it.

I skipped Tower of Terror my first couple of trips because I didn't think I'd like it, but I finally tried it, and do like it now.

Once we were taking DS with us, I skipped a couple of roller coasters until he was big enough, but it was just so I could take him to something else.

There are several things that I still haven't done just for time's sake, but we'll get to them eventually!

Dinosaur! I don't like roller coasters or scary rides, but I tried this with ear plugs and loved it, after so many years of waiting in the gift shop for my family! It's a must-do every trip now...but I still wear ear plugs :), and I still scream.

(just wanted to add that I tried Splash and Space, and still hate them. Will never try RNRC or ToT)

CoP and HoP. Both sounded boring. But I'm a fan of TGMR, Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth so though that I should give them a try. Both good ways to get out of the heat/rain, and I will be back again.

TOWER OF TERROR!

I skipped it for YEARS being the ride chicken that I am, but it always bothered me that there was something Disney that I had never experienced.

Soooo.... I finally worked up the nerve to try it. And yes, picture a grown woman CRYING through the whole ride frightening the poor kids unlucky enough to be in the same ride vehicle as me.

But I survived. And I made myself turn right around and go on it again.

Now it's my FAVORITE Disney ride of all time! I have to ride it multiple times per trip!

However.... there's another ride that always bothered me that I hadn't experienced - Mission Space. THAT'S another story. Worked up the courage once again to give it a try. OMG, NEVER AGAIN! NEVER NEVER NEVER!

for some reason, my parents never took us while we were young to the enchanted tiki room, I feel like I remember them saying its "just a waste of time." I even skipped it a few times myself when I was on the west coast and doing disneyland (i think three times of my own volition!) and then finally attended it...and totally loved it! I was exceptionally upset when I took my now fiancee to the show in disneyworld which seemed to not be nearly as nice (wheres that fountain tho?!).
I have never went to the Tiki room:confused3 I think we will do that this trip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter