What is your favorite Disney souvenir past/present?

DH & DW = WDW resort or ride themed beach towels. Our last one bought was Splash Mtn $20, purchased in MK and the Splash Mtn gift shop by the exit

DS = England Soccer T-shirt $20, purchased in England, EPCOT

DD = Alex & Annie Mickey mouse silver bracelet $40, purchased at a both in EPCOT

Best souvenirs do not have to cost mega-bucks :rotfl2:

My Mickey Mouse ears umbrella (except when I forget & use it at funerals :rolleyes1) and my Haunted Mansion hidden drawer box from 1975(ish).

From the past I have a Disney World mug from 1994 with my name on it :) it was my ice cream mug as a child and usually still is!

Present, the pictures of my 3 year old niece at Disney for the first time, wearing her Rapunzel dress meeting the princesses and Minnie Mouse and the look on her face! So precious. She was gobsmacked when it was her turn to meet Rapunzel xD

Also all my ears :) love those, too!

Every trip I spend days and hours listening to British Revolution play their sets at the UK pavilion. When we went in February I celebrated my birthday because we wouldn't be there this month. Eric the bass player wrote happy birthday in my autograph book and then Steven the drummer gave me his drum sticks. It made my trip :) So those are my fave souvenirs.

Cute thread! My favorite souvenir is a Mickey and Minnie heart charm DH bought me in DTD. I asked my DD4 and hers is an Ariel beauty care set. It has Ariel's dingle hopper (fork for hair), pretend blow dryer, etc. :)

I usually don't buy souvenirs that will just "sit around", so I end up buying a lot of things I know I will use or wear.....which means I've ended up with dozens of cups and mugs! Perhaps my very favorite is my Ariel thermos from New Fantasyland. It's the perfect size and I use it nearly every day!
Two exceptions that I absolutely adore are my tiara from Germany that I wore on my birthday and my graduation ears from the end of my CP. they're so cute with a little yellow tassel and my name on the back :)

When I was 6 and we went to the park for the first time, I fell in love with the Main Street Electrical Parade. My parents bought me a 45 record of the song, and it was imprinted with pictures from the show.

I still can hear the music now. I think I played it every day till I was 13.

The Maaaaiiin Sttreeeeet Electrical Paraaaaade with all the cool electronic music.

Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I always go overboard with decorating. Because of that, the ornaments that we bought at Downtown Disney are my favorite souvenirs. I also love the photo book with the year on it that I bought at Magic Kingdom.

I'm really enjoying this thread, OP! :thumbsup2

I sure wish I had something from my couple trips as a kid in the 70s, but my favorite souvenir was bought in 2006, when I took DD to Disney for the first time and my love affair with Mickey was rekindled! It is a big beach towel with all the villians on it that I got from outside the Haunted Mansion.

If anyone out there has the same one, they will be able to back me up that this towel is pretty much the most awesome towel ever made!!!! It's really dark, has every villian I can think of from all time, and is really soft and cozy to boot. For 4 years, it hid in my closet away from the light of day because I knew how sad I would be if it got messed up or, Heaven forbid, stolen. But last year I finally decided that it is better to ENJOY the thing than horde it for all time. SO, last year I started taking it with me to our local water park. It has not been wrecked or stolen, and I get tons of compliments all the time. Love that towel and can't wait to start rocking it this summer :thumbsup2!

My Mickey Mouse ears umbrella (except when I forget & use it at funerals :rolleyes1) and my Haunted Mansion hidden drawer box from 1975(ish).

do you have a picture of the drawer box , love to see it!!!
and everyone else that has these unique souvenirs post a pic of them if you can, it will bring us all back to :cool1: some great memories!!!

my sister wanted to add her cinderella 45 album from when she was 6 at the park, i heard that song at least a 1000 times when i was a kid !!!

Now that wife and I are older, we like to buy one item each trip that will remind us of our trip. Two years ago we bought a metal rhinoceros, rainbow, from Africa in AK. This year we bought a Chinese Tomb Soldier from China in Epcot.

We love both of them

Wow, this is like asking which one of your children you like the most!

Probably my most treasured souvenirs are a couple original WDW ticket books that actually have all the ticket types in them (they aren't complete, but at least it's not just A and B tickets). Looking at those brings back a lot of memories of going to WDW as a child. In second place would probably be a couple of Japanese dolls (not adult looking dolls, but child dolls) I bought years ago at Epcot - they are so not Disney to look at, but totally Disney to me. I had a photo of one in my cubicle at work and a co-worker who was part Japanese noticed and knew right away what it was. I guess they are very collectible there (or were at the time).

My most frequently used souvenirs are my Disney jewelry. I have quite a few Disney pins (fine jewelry, not trading pins), bracelets, rings, watches, etc., that all get rotated through on at least a weekly basis. I'm wearing a couple Mickey rings as I'm typing now. I also have a few t-shirts that are particular favorites - particularly my "paging Mr. Morrow" peoplemover shirt.

My oddest souvenir? The cast member parking ticket I received at CR for parking in guest parking (in duplicate) . . . .I have never worked for Disney and was dining at the former Concourse Steakhouse one night after work. I wonder if they every did find a supervisor to notify . . . . .I don't even have Disney stickers or decals on my car, so why they thought it was a cast member vehicle is beyond me (it was not a popular car make/model or color configuration, so I don't think it was a case of mistaken identity).

I've bought TONS of souvenirs over the years, from antiques in the former MK antique store to Mickey post it notes. I haven't had a case of buyer's remorse yet!

We have some nice fine art pieces framed and hanging in our home. It's fun to grab inexpensive stuff you can use around the house. Stuff like pens, fridge magnets, keychains, etc. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter