• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most expensive part of your Disney vacation?

PrincessAli

DIS Veteran
My husband is addicted to Disney pins, and I seriously believe that he spends more on that then the cost of our airfare, resort accomdations and meals. What seems to drain your wallet while there.

Food, food, food and more food!!!

cheeburga.gif
drink.gif

Our lodging is the big expense for us. Then airfare with food/beverages running third.

The resort is definitely the most expensive.

Although, last summer we went to DL & pins were definitely a very expensive obsession (which I had to make a conscious decision to stop buying!).

Geri

With 6 in the family...FOOD...SNACKS...TRINKETS...FOOD....SNACKS..TRINKETS....not to mention those wonderful Mexican Margs in the WS..and Mickey Bars!

FOOD!!!!

Transportation- cheap! 1 tank of gas there and 1 back. About $20-$30 in tolls.

Lodging-
Our trips this year-
Courtyard DTD- $25
ASMo- $49
CBR-$84
AKL!!!!- $119

Passes- FL RES Season pass with DC discount (about $170 each) and got back $100 in Giftcards from Disney Store (special promo)

So, it's those sit-down meals and character meals!!!!!

The funniest part is that we are not big eaters!!!

Tickets. We spent more on 4 adult hoppers than we did on our POR room for a week.

I think the passports! We spent almost $2000 on annual passes last year. Granted, we are now getting 2 trips out of it this time, which in the long run save us money, put paying 2000 at one time when we arrive seems like a lot!! The resort i dont mind, because i budget it to pay a night a month, so it makes it easy!!We generally book 1 year out and just pay a little every month. We have our resort all paid for, and PAP from last year so we are ready to go!!

That's a hard one for us!! We're a family of 5, so lodging can be a little high, and then paying for the passes for five, and the sit down meals can be costly too! And now, the Disney pins... thankfully, I'm the only one who collects, but my 6 yr old is running a close second!

But DH and I think its money well spent for some great quality family time! It is so much fun picking a hotel, deciding on the restaurants (I always let everybody pick at least one restaurant to eat at during our trip), having the kids get excited as the trip gets closer!! (126 more days for our next trip!)

My husband would say all the "stuff" I have to get BEFORE we leave for the trip:rolleyes:

Souvenirs! I typically spend $1000-1200 on them. My DH really hates that, but I save for it all year! We do eat at the nice restaurants, and enjoy them. But seeing as I have nothing to show for spending lots of money on expensive meals other than some extra weight, I would rather buy jewelry, blankets, tote bags, etc. I already have a list of things I am getting this year. Thank goodness for the DC discount at the WOD!:p

Probably accomodations as DH and I can usually get by with $100 or less a day for food/snacks. We always stay in a WDW resort but try to get the best discount as possible. Food would be a close second and third would be pins and transportation.

Food/Souvies are the most expensive items in my budget this year. Running a close second is accomodations. Tied for third is park hoppers and air travel....followed by Discovery Cove, then lastly ground transportation.

Definetly the park tickets - I get a great deal on the room from skyauction and we drive to Florida so the tickets for all 5 of us is what cost us the most!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter