• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most expensive part of your Disney vacation?

Lodging normally would be the most expensive but if you have time to work at it, you can find resort discounts. However, you can never find a good deal on an Annual Pass Rate. I would have to say that overall a family paying for Annual Passes would consider that to be highest fixed cost part of the trip.

Food! we eat mostly at sitdowns!
Then I would say Park Passes.
wait would the cost of DVC count? is so, that would be it.

In order from greatest to least:

lodging (especially WDW lodging)
admission media (we buy annual passes)
air fare

On our last six night trip (two adults, one child) the biggest expense was park hoppers, but just by a hair. Our food expenses, room cost (rented dvc @ $9 per point) and park hoppers all fell somwhere around the $750-800 mark. food might have been a little less- we averaged a little over a hundred a day- we had a few very nice, spurgy sitdown meals, but balanced those out with penny-pinching counter service.

Plane tickets aren't bad for us- from NY you can often get tix for three for $400. Souvineers-- we aren't big on these-- in fact, I can be reflexively cheap ("Mom, can I have-- " "No!") I actually forced myself to spend money on goodie like that our last trip so I wouldn't feel like such a penny-pincher,

Disnee Dad Says..............................Every trip is different. First trip air fare beat out rooms by $50. Second trip rooms beat airfare by $250. Third trip AP's beat out air by $300, and rooms by $200. Fourth trip will be air again, as we have AP's and great rooms rates and only 8 days. Oh, wait, beer, now I have to start all over!! LOL

Estimated expenses for upcoming trip (8 days at the World)

2 annual passes with DC discount = $720 ish

lodging = $1100 (2 nights CSR AP rate, 6 nights Dolphin gov't rate)

transportation (driving down, making a side trip along the way, one overnight) = $400 for gas, lodging, food roundtrip

FOOD = We are budgeting only $50 per day = $400

Souveniers = $50

So lodging is most, then passes, then food and transportation tie for 3rd.

We justify the APs because we are moving to FL, one hour from WDW, by the end of the year - WOO HOO. Then our trips will be really cheap!

:D

Without a doubt, it is souvenirs for Piglet203 and I. I would tell you how much we spent on our trip to WDW this past May/June, but it would only further indicate our infatuation for Disney.

Mickey76 :D

For us, without a doubt- FOOD!! And we eat at counter service restaurants- not full service. It makes me want to cry to have to fork over over $20 for a fast food type of meal for our family!

I would have to say, room. About 330.00 for MOST expensive. This was for 4 nights at ASSP! :o Nov. trip I need a Seasonal Pass which will cost me 179.00. Than, PINS!:rolleyes: ;)

Flight from ABE is $133 RT for 4 = $532
Room at CBM in DTD for 7 nights=$258
4 adult-30 day Fun in Sun tickets=$1255
4 adult-2 day US/IOA tickets = $328
8 day car rental = $238
Food= $ 400-600
Souveneirs= $200
Total=$3411
Usually our costs for 8 days are over $4,000
Got some really dood deals this time around.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

For us (a family of 4; 2 adults, 2 DD's ages 4 & 7) this year, in this order:

1. AP's $1,395. (so next year too!)
2. Spending money/meals (combined) $1,300 approx.
3. DVC for our resort... $1,200 approx.
4. Airfare $724.
5. Dog expenses--kennel and shots (we have 5 poodles) $530.
6. Universal passes $344.
7. Universal HR Hotel $288. (2 nights)
8. Rental car $111. total (7 days)

What's left is tips, parking, MVMCP tickets and other incidentals...

Here are our expenditures for Myself, Wife and Daughter who is 2 until next week. (Thank God)

Lodging - We own Vistana Timeshare (Paid-in-full). No cost this trip or future trips.
5 Day Park Hoppers for me and Wife - $440
Airfair for all 3 - $125 each from Indianapolis - $375
Food and Souvenier allowance 7 Days - $1600

ADP

I'd have to say our flight ...
Unfortunately for us we have to fly a very long way.
Flight, accom (POR) and Disney pass came in at £2200 each (that's about $3300).

Still, there's no where else in the world like it !!:crazy:

I think the park passes and the food are tied for most expensive.

Buying the APs for 6 is the worst!!! But, they pay off in the end.

The following trips for that year are much easier to handle financially having already purchased the tix.

PHP+ passes-$1000
Lodging-$800
Food and Souvenirs-$600

Wonderful memories...priceless....

Definitely food!!

We drive down there, so that isn't a big expense, and we stay at the moderate resorts with AP discounts, so that isn't too bad. FL Resident seasonal passes for myself and the kids, and a Stars & Stripes pass for DH, so that isn't so bad.

But we like to have at least one sit down meal everyday, and sometimes we add a character breakfast. Plus with fruit, drinks and other snacks during the day, we end up spending anywhere between $125 and $175 per day on food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter