• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the most expensive part of your Disney vacation?

I'd have to say for us its food.

We're DVC members so our accommodations are paid for painlessly :rolleyes: out of our checking account each month. This trip I've planned a nice dinner for DH and I for our anniversary at 'Ohanas, plus we're doing the new princess breakfast and a couple of other sit down dinners. I thought that by purchasing DVC we'd cook more in the villa with a full kitchen but I'm discovering as I get older I really don't like to cook so that's not an "excuse" on the plus side for DVC anymore (lol). Anyway, a close second would be admission tix. Boy can they be expensive! The two areas I feel we've got under control this trip is transportation (we're driving instead of flying and using a towncar service) and souveniers (we vacation at Disney pretty regularly so I usually limit myself to one or two items).

For this family of four it is PAP's, Food and then transportation (we never seem to get any "deals" on airfare and rental car). Although with the number of days we use them, the PAP's are not that much since they cost us about $15.00 per day of use! Maybe we spend too much time at Disney? Naw... what was I thinking, I'd live there if I could! ;) LOL

We do a lot of sitdown for quality and to relax......usually hit a few of the more expensive ones.

No complaints! We're on vacation............in WDW !!!

I can't seem to get past The Art of Disney- in EPCOT, Downtown, Pleasure Island or at the Studios. It is getting a little better now, they can't keep us with us, I have (almost) all the artwork I have wanted (I get notice of new arrivals, lets see that's because they like me or just good marketting?). Some of the one-of cells I have bought cost more than the rest of the trip combined but I have them all hanging throughout the house and enjoy them very much!

Well, since we're DVC members and that takes care of our lodging, and we purchased annual passes in March and have used them 3 times, plus we'll still be able to use them this upcoming trip in September, that was $$ well spent, so I guess our biggest expense is our food. DVC or not we ALWAYS eat out and barely ever cook in our room -- maybe we'll have breakfast in the room but that's about it! So, definately our food!

Food, definately this trip as we got the cko rate at WL for Christmas week. We will be driving down this trip from Pa.

Without a doubt, for us it's the lodging! Followed closely by food and drinks :)!

Teresa

Our (my Wife and I) experience mirrors disneychic's. Our annual passes amortized over 25 park days is less than $15 a day (Not to mention the AP discount we got for the All-Stars our first trip). We are now DVC members, so our rooms are taken care of.

By far our biggest expense is food. It's about $60 everytime we go to a sit-down restaurant, which we like to do once a day, not to mention breakfast, lunch and Mickey Head ice cream bars! It adds up quick!

Airfare is a close second at around $400 for the both of us.

That is a toss up between our meals and snacks and my pin fetish. You see, now I have also gotten into the limited edition framed pin sets, and they are no longer available at the Disney Store... so that will probably push it over to the souvenier bracket.

Park passes

Air fare

Food

When we took our first trip to disney last summer, I was able to get the $49 rate for the whole stay. This November I got the $49 AP rate for 3 nights and rack rate for 3 nights:( .

We have florida resident seasonal passes that cost around $175 each so passes aren't too bad. Only takes us about $25 in gas to drive to WDW and back.

So, I guess I have to say that FOOD costs us the most. Even with using the Disney Dining Experience membership (for Florida residents, gives us 20% off most sit down restaurants) our food budget is pretty big.

Next trip is our first concierge stay. I am hoping to save "some" money on food by snacking in the lounge. That is the only was I can justify the price ($234 for Polynesian GV Concierge vs. last year at All Star Movies for $49 during the same time!)

FOOD definitely the most expensive part of the trip
We like to eat & character meals are great
there are 3 of us (myself, dh, & 7 yr old dd)
tixs & resorts run about even
souviners including pins will probably be almost as resorts/tix
if we are short on money souviners will be first thing cut out of budget.

Food! We really look forward to some great meals at WDW. We usually eat two really yummy sit-down meals a day. We love Spoodles, Flying Fish, California Grill, Artist Point, Jiko, the World Showcase restaurants, etc. A dinner with appetizers, main course, desserts, wine, etc. comes close to $100 at lots of places. We don't skimp on nice meals at WDW because we live in the middle of nowhere and around here Sonic counts as a fine dining experience! We usually do a small breakfast on the go, a medium priced lunch (like at Rainforest Cafe, Tony's, or someplace like that), and a big splurge for dinner. Our food budget is always pretty big. We never eat counter service or fast food type stuff at WDW because we eat too much of that junk at home. Since we've been lots of times, we don't feel like we are missing out on stuff by spending time in restaurants. It's part of the fun for us. We also spend a lot on snacks and that is part of our food budget, too. I never deny myself a Mickey Ice Cream bar and my husband loves to get popcorn. There is no way we could skimp and much on crackers or pretzels brought from home. I'd never have the willpower to pass up all the yummy stuff in the parks!

Usually it is airfare flying from LAX. However, our last trip it was the park tickets, as we got plane tickets after 9/11 for $99 roundtrip from LA! And then we stayed at the HIFS on a buy one get one night free deal.

For us it is the food. We have AP's and live 15 minutes away from Disney, but we still can't resist eating at the parks.

Good question!

Would have to be the passes. Can relate to the wieird fact of tix being more than the roomstay - saw that when we checked into POFQ last year.

Thinking of biting the bullet and going for the AP's!!!:

Pinkbounc 10 days to Go!

for me....shopping...I need to have new clothes for the trip :smooth:

for my boyfriend....eating...I swear he ate about 6 times a day when we were there. He also can't help buying all the cool snacks like those little tins of disney mints :p :p

We tend to eat at sit down's for Breakfast and Diner each day. We feel it's our VACATION. We work hard and deserve it LOL!

Oh without a doubt; FOOD and SNACKS!!!!!!!! :) :)

We'll do one good sit-down meal a day. I don't try and "budget" for food because this is part of our vacation and we do have our favorite places to eat! Spoodles, Chef Mickey's, Prime Time 50's Cafe, Cindy's, Ohana's....you get the picture. Big Bucks!!! :) Then add on the charges for "little things" like bottled water...what is it now? $2.25 or $2.50 per bottle???? ;)

For us that's where the $$ go; in our tummy's!!

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter