• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Graduating High School, Spring Break - Mishaps, Mayhem & Magic! *COMLETE*SEE YA REAL SOON! 7/8

Hi Alison!
I finally got a chance to read through what you've written so far. I love the idea of going to Disney to celebrate your high school graduation - there's no better place to celebrate!

I love all of your Art of Animation pictures! I've stayed at AOA twice, but only in the Little Mermaid rooms, and I've always been really curious to see what the suites look like inside (but not curious enough to actually google it), so I loved seeing your pictures - the room looks amazing!!

Sounds like a great trip so far - you guys got a lot done and had a lot of really magical experiences. I'm excited to read about the rest of the trip!

Hi Alison!
I finally got a chance to read through what you've written so far. I love the idea of going to Disney to celebrate your high school graduation - there's no better place to celebrate!
Hey Sarah!:wave2:
It was a lot of fun being able to celebrate our graduation at Disney - and exactly, there is no better place to celebrate!:goodvibes It's funny, we are all almost done with our first year of college lol, so I really need to get a move on and finish this TR.:rotfl:
I love all of your Art of Animation pictures! I've stayed at AOA twice, but only in the Little Mermaid rooms, and I've always been really curious to see what the suites look like inside (but not curious enough to actually google it), so I loved seeing your pictures - the room looks amazing!!
Oh gosh I LOVE AoA, as did my friends. They all fell in love with the resort and all said when we go back again they would love to stay there again.:goodvibes I have always wanted to stay in a LM room as well, since I love the LM:goodvibes
Sounds like a great trip so far - you guys got a lot done and had a lot of really magical experiences. I'm excited to read about the rest of the trip!
Yes we had plenty of magic happen on the trip! Thanks for joining me and reading along! More to come soon!:goodvibes

Quick Life Update!

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is had a nice Easter weekend, if that's something you celebrate!:goodvibes

I want to do another regular update soon, but I am currently having trouble with my laptop, as it is not working. I am having the IT workers at my school check it out and see if they can fix it tomorrow, which I really hope they can...
I was not that surprised when it broke, as I've had it for 5+ years, so I knew it was bound to crap out on me soon.
In the case they can't fix my laptop, I am not going to get a new computer until the summer.
BUT, I have access to plenty of computers here at school, so I would make due with what I have to continue to do updates, since I also want to get my TR done as soon as possible. I won't know about my computer until tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.::yes::

On a lighter note, 1 year ago today my friends left for our trip to Disney.

I posted this throwback picture on Instagram due to the
occasion:
disney trip 1 year.PNG

:lovestruc

Again, I wish everyone a Happy Easter! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
zootopia easter.jpg

Happy Easter! I hope the computer gets fixed soon!

I always both love and hate those "1 year since we left for the trip" things ... I love them because its a chance to relive the memories, but I hate it because it makes me sad that I'm not at Disney!

Happy Easter!
Thanks! Same to you and your family!:goodvibes
I hope the computer gets fixed soon!
Thanks, me too...
I always both love and hate those "1 year since we left for the trip" things ... I love them because its a chance to relive the memories, but I hate it because it makes me sad that I'm not at Disney!
Same with me! Same goes for writing TRs lol! I love writing them, but seeing all the pictures always gives me mixed feelings! It always helps to have another trip planned for the future though!:thumbsup2

Sorry about the computer. 5 years really is a long time for a laptop, sadly. Those things just don't tend to be made to hold up for a long time. I hope they can fix it and it will get you by until summer.

Kind of a bittersweet reminder of when your trip was. Nice to look back on the memory, but I know it has to be a little bit sad to know it has been a year.

I hope you had a Happy Easter!!!

Sorry about the computer. 5 years really is a long time for a laptop, sadly. Those things just don't tend to be made to hold up for a long time. I hope they can fix it and it will get you by until summer.
Thanks, yeah I knew it would be going soon, just thought I could make it to the summer. Hopefully they can do something with it, but I'll see in the next few days.
Kind of a bittersweet reminder of when your trip was. Nice to look back on the memory, but I know it has to be a little bit sad to know it has been a year.
Yes, it was definitely bittersweet, but nice bringing up an old memory for my friends, they enjoyed seeing it!::yes::
I hope you had a Happy Easter!!!
Thanks I did! I hope you ad your family did as well!:flower1:

Stinks about the lap top :-/ make sure wherever you go to get a new one, let them know you're a student. A lot of places offer discounts!
Thank you, yeah it sucks but it wasn't too surprising.
Thanks for the tip! I have heard that as well. I have looked on Apple's website and it sounds like they give a nice discount for students on their laptops so I definitely plan on asking about one.::yes::

So an update on my broken computer:
The IT workers at my school were not able to fix my laptop. They did tell me the problem though - my hard drive failed, and they weren't able to get any of the contents off of it. They told me they don't have the advanced programs to do that to a damaged hard drive, but outside companies usually have good luck with issues like this. They also told me this can cost from $800-$1,800 - which is crazy and I will not pay.:scared1:

I sadly don't have an external hard drive with all of my contents backed up, which I know I should have been doing for 5 years, but plan to do when I get my next computer. I had some important pictures saved on a flash drive which is good! :thumbsup2

BUT, I am not giving up hope yet. I am going on to Plan B.
I called the Computer Services store in my hometown and explained the problem. He said he has always had good luck with getting data off of damaged hard drives, even with my situation so when I go home in 2 weeks from today for a weekend visit, I will drop off my laptop there and hope for the best.
He also told me it usually isn't too bad price wise, which was nice to hear.

So in the meantime, I am getting by at school using the computers provided to us. AND I will be able to continue writing my TR, which I will have an update below momentarily.

On a happier note:
I am doing the Double Digit Dance!
:dancer:

That's right! I have 99 days left until I'm back at Disney this summer with my family, which is a great feeling!
I will be purchasing park tickets when I go home, and then soon after I'll be ready to book FPs!
:hyper:

If you can't tell, I am very excited. The excitement makes doing hoemwork for classes VERY difficult.
But I keep going.
::yes::

OK, now I will continue my TR
I hope everyone is well!
:flower1:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6 - Around the World in 12 Hours:
Part 3 - Searching for lunch

(side note about this update: We were in EPCOT last year on April 1st, April Fools Day, which is when I'm writing this update - a full year later, which tells Alison that she has to get a move on with this TR lol):rotfl2:

My friends and I were getting hungry, so we decided to start walking around the world in order to find something to eat.

We started walking towards Canada.

Which is where I took this picture:
ep 1.JPG

And this one:

ep 2.JPG

I took this crappy picture:rotfl2:

ep 3.JPG

Then we arrived in the UK!

We found great enjoyment with the Phone Booth, so decided to take some pictures

Danielle felt really cool in there:rotfl:
ep 4.JPG

Here's KellyAnn
ep 5.JPG

Still not looking at me...
ep 6.JPG

There we go!:thumbsup2
ep 7.JPG

I saw some of the wonderful topiares while in the UK.

Here is Captain Hook
ep 8.JPG

I see Peter Pan up there!:lovestruc
ep 9.JPG

Uh Oh!:scared1:
ep 10.JPG

(continued in next post - keep reading!)

Last edited:
(continued from previous post)

KellyAnn took a liking to this fountain
Since she's dancer, she decided to a balletic pose with the fountain
ep 11.JPG

I took a liking to this poll:rotfl:
ep 12.JPG

Yup.:rotfl2:
ep 13.JPG

And so did Natalie.

I think she got the better picture, since the crocodile is in the back of hers!:rotfl:
ep 14.JPG

While we were passing by I spotted Alice.
ep 15.JPG
I think her line was very long and/or closed so we decided not to wait

I saw this adorable Winnie the Pooh topiary.
I love that balloon:lovestruc

ep 16.JPG

I thought the grass in the back of this picture looked interesting...
ep 17.JPG

Then we landed in France for the first time.

Natalie, KellyAnn, and I decided to stop at the food both there for F&G.

KA and I got the Gnocchi Parisien à la Provençal
which is – "Parisian-style Dumplings with Vegetables and Mushrooms"
ep 18.JPG

We both enjoyed it, it was very flavorful.:goodvibes

Natalie got the Confit de Canard, Pommes de Terre Sarladaise
which was - Pulled Duck Confit with Garlic and Parsley Potatoes

ep 19.JPG

She said she really liked it!

While in France I adored the Belle and Beast topiary.
Definitely one of my favorites from F&G!

ep 20.JPG

(continued in next post - keep reading!)

(continued from previous post)

I had to get a picture with Belle and Beast!:lovestruc

ep 21.JPG

Then I walked over and said hi to Cogsworth and Lumiere!
ep 22.JPG

ep 23.JPG

I took a picture of this stand to remind me to come back later - never did - but those crepes did sound great!
ep 24.JPG

Then we started to walk towards Morocco

Grabbed a candid shot of Danielle lol

ep 25.JPG

Grabbed a shot for the times to see Aladdin and Jasmine.
Did we see them - no. But I took pictures of a few character time signs, which helped a lot.

ep 29.JPG

We kept walking through the countries and landed in Japan.
Spolier: I know it seems like we were going fast, we were, but this was only our first time around the world. Everyone wanted to get food ASAP, so we kept walking until everyone found something to eat, and then decided to walk back around...

Natalie, KA and I took a peek at the menu in Japan, but decided to keep going.

ep 26.JPG

Then we were in America.
I thought this sign was funny, and there's Caroline lol:rolleyes:
ep 27.JPG

Loved the Woody topiary, especially his hat!
ep 28.JPG

I don't think anyone saw anything they liked here either, so on we went... continuing around the world!

(Next update coming soon!)

:goodvibes

SO sorry about your hard drive! That happened to me once in college and it was awful.

You took beautiful photos! And yay for coming back down to the world! Always so exciting!:)

SO sorry about your hard drive! That happened to me once in college and it was awful.
Thanks, yeah it kind of sucks, but like I said, I'm not giving up hope yet!
You took beautiful photos! And yay for coming back down to the world! Always so exciting!:)
Thank you! And yes! I am very excited!:hyper:

I see you have a ticker in your signature as well! How exciting that you're doing to F&W 1/2 Marathon!:goodvibes

Hard drive damage is the worst :( I hope the computer store in your hometown can get most of the data back for you!
Also, yay for (now less than) 99 days until you go back! So exciting!!

I feel like walking through World Showcase looking for food is the best way to see everything. You get to see a bit of each country, but because you're going to keep wandering until you're well-fed, you're not getting stuck in one place. And once you're done eating, you can go back and look at your favorite countries in greater depth.

I love all of the pictures. Flower & Garden is one of my favorite times of the year - they do an amazing job with the topiaries!

Hard drive damage is the worst :(
Ugh, yes it is!
I hope the computer store in your hometown can get most of the data back for you!
Thanks, I hope so too. I'm trying to stay positive!::yes::
Also, yay for (now less than) 99 days until you go back! So exciting!!
Thank you! Yes I am so excited! I really think these last few months will go by quickly.
I feel like walking through World Showcase looking for food is the best way to see everything. You get to see a bit of each country, but because you're going to keep wandering until you're well-fed, you're not getting stuck in one place. And once you're done eating, you can go back and look at your favorite countries in greater depth.
Exactly! Perfect way to put it!:goodvibes
I love all of the pictures. Flower & Garden is one of my favorite times of the year - they do an amazing job with the topiaries!
Thanks! Yes F&G was a lot of fun to see. I would definitely go back during that time. I wished I was able to see more of it, but only having one day in EPCOT that trip made that difficult.

So an update on my broken computer:
The IT workers at my school were not able to fix my laptop. They did tell me the problem though - my hard drive failed, and they weren't able to get any of the contents off of it.
Oh no...

They also told me this can cost from $800-$1,800 - which is crazy and I will not pay.:scared1:
Yikes! This is why I have approximately 5,000 flash drives with multiple copies of anything important. :rolleyes1

I sadly don't have an external hard drive with all of my contents backed up, which I know I should have been doing for 5 years
::yes::

I am doing the Single Digit Dance!

Umm... :rolleyes1

I see Peter Pan up there!:lovestruc
I love that one!

I took a picture of this stand to remind me to come back later - never did - but those crepes did sound great!
What? You need a picture to remember a booth that sells ice cream?? What is wrong with you?

Did we see them - no. But I took pictures of a few character time signs, which helped a lot.
So it helped you know when you were missing them?

I don't think anyone saw anything they liked here either, so on we went... continuing around the world!
Wow, you guys are picky. I'd have had to eat something in just about every country on the way around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter