We're Graduating High School, Spring Break - Mishaps, Mayhem & Magic! *COMLETE*SEE YA REAL SOON! 7/8

Was this fun? I've heard about it, and I've even picked up a Duffy before. However, I've never gotten him stamped.
Yes it was! I think it's a great thing to do if you know you'll be spending the whole day there, which gives you plenty of down time to go to each country to get the stamp.:thumbsup2
This is my favorite topiary because of Lady's frizzy ears!
It's so cute!!!:goodvibes
Smart girls ::yes::
Yes, they are!:thumbsup2
My portable charger is my lifeline in Disney! I don't go to a park without it!
I understand how important they are now! I am definitely bringing my newly purchased one this summer!
:eek: Twin, you need to fix this fast!
I know...:blush:
What a great photo of you guys!
Thanks!
I do feel guilty sometimes about trying to photograph the magic so much. Maybe I should try a day without taking countless photos to really soak in all of the magic.
Yeah! Even just a few hours, it's a really nice feeling!:thumbsup2
Especially after spending so many days constantly around others. I would definitely be in need of some alone time at this point. Good call!
Yes, it was a very nice break. Even though what I was doing wasn't really exciting, it was still fun for me!
I know! I love those waffles:hyper:
Oh my gosh. This looks amazing. :worship:
It was!:lovestruc

Hi Everyone!:wave2:

Just wanted to do a quick check in.
This past weekend, I went to go see The Jungle Book with one of my friends here at school!
end 1.JPG

end 2.jpg

The movie was amazing!
There were some differences in the film that were not in the original, but many things were the same. It's a film I think all Disney fans will enjoy.
AND, there's some singing, which made me so happy!:goodvibes
I definitely recommend it!:thumbsup2

I am almost officially done with my first year of college.
party:
I have 8 days left here, and then my finals start at the end of this week, which is why I wanted to get in another update.
I will finish up the TR below, and when I get home, then I will do some finals thoughts and talk more about future plans and what now.:thumbsup2

Speaking of future plans, as you can see from my ticker, only a little over 2 months until my July trip!
:jumping1:

Ok, on with the TR!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 8 - Saying Goodbye:
Part 1 - Till next time...

The last day of a Disney vacation is on my list of worst things to experience.

As sad as my friends and I were, we knew this trip would have to come to a close.
:sad::sad::sad:

That morning we woke up, ate the last our our dry cereal and fruit for breakfast and packed the last of our things.
Thankfully all the souvenirs fit into my luggage.
I used my white Mickey Mouse suitcase for most of them
:rotfl2:
I made sure we all checked the room for our belongings, and soon enough we grabbed our bags, and were out of the room by 11am.

end 3.JPG

We were not leaving yet though!
DME wasn't picking us up until around 3pm so we had a few hours.

Since we were not leaving for awhile, my friends wanted to drop off our bigger suitcases with Bell Services at the resort.
I was unsure about this, as I had never done it before.
Long story short, we did, but let's just say I won't be running back to do it again.
I'll explain why in a little bit...:sad2:

We then decided to just hang out by one of our favorite spots in AoA, the Cozy Cone Pool.

end 4.JPG

KellyAnn had bought these really cute playing cards in the AoA gift shop during the week.

end 5.JPG

Sorcerer Mickey and TinkerBell were the Jokers!
end 6.JPG

While at the pool, I was waiting for a text.
My grandparents were coming to AoA again to say goodbye.

After some time they arrived and I made my way over to them.
I spare the details, but let's just say it's NEVER easy for me saying goodbye to them, especially when leaving Disney.

I went back to my friends and we were getting hungry for lunch. We headed over to LOF.
I got the Caprese sandwich, which was fine. I don't exactly know what everyone else got, but I think at least one of my friends got this.

Oh! See that wallet...it won't be around much longer...:sad2:

end 7.JPG

After lunch there wasn't much else to do expect wait for the DME. We set up a spot in the lobby to put all of our stuff, and everyone took turns taking one last look in the giftshop.
I surprisingly did not buy anything, but a couple of my friends did...

I also took this time to take some last pictures of the resort.

end 8.JPG

end 10.JPG

end 11.JPG

(continued in next post)

(continued from previous post!)

I continued to take some pictures of the resort to pass the time
end 12.JPG

end 13.JPG

end 14.JPG

end 15.JPG

My favorite picture on the wall:lovestruc
end 16.JPG

Grabbed one last candid shot of everyone.
They were all tired too lol

end 17.JPG
And poor Minnie looks like a wreck...she can't believe we're going home either...:sad:

Finally it was almost time for the DME to come so we walked out side and waited.
end 18.JPG

end 19.JPG

end 20.JPG

Goodbye beautiful Art of Animation Resort :sad1:

(Next part in Next post)
:flower1:

Day 8 - Saying Goodbye:
Part 2 - When everything goes wrong...

Finally our DME bus came.

end 23.JPG

The ride was uneventful, I think I was sitting with Natalie and we both dosed off.

As soon as we walked into AoA, KellyAnn checked her JetBlue app on her phone to check on our flight. When we were on the bus it said it was still on time, but when she checked now, it was delayed, I believe by like an hour....:sad2:
This stressed us out a bit, because we already had a good while to wait at the airport but now more time was being added.
But there was nothing we could do, we started to head towards security.

I said goodbye to Goofy on the way:sad1:

end 24.JPG

We got passed security with no issues. I have no idea who got pre-check and who didn't.

We were sitting at our terminal, and of course, our flight got delayed again.
I don't think it was the weather, I think there were issues with the plane.

Originally it was at 5:30ish, and now it wasn't going to leave until 8:30.:sad2:

So we waited, and waited, and got snacks, and played around with technology, ext, and finally we were able to board the plane.

end 25.JPG

Everyone was over tired and silly on the plane...:rotfl2:

end 26.JPG

Overall the flight was ok, but there was some turbulence, so that wasn't so fun.

end 27.JPG

Then we landed. My parents, and Natalie's dad were coming to pick us up.

Here we go.
Long story short, we got off the plane, went to go get our luggage.
Mine big suitcase came out, as did Natalie's, Caroline's, Alessa's, and Danielle's.

KellyAnn's didn't:scared1::scared1::scared1:

So, my mom went over to the lost baggage desk to talk to a worker. She filled out a form and hoped for the best.

That took some time, but I'm sparing the boring details.

The good news is, her mom spent all night on the phone with the airport and JetBlue, and they found her suitcase.
It never left FL!
Now, I don't know if KellyAnn losing her suitcase has anything to do with us dropping off our luggage at the resort, but I know that I'm NEVER doing that again.:sad2:
She got her suitcase 48 hours later, which was a relief to hear::yes::

We got home late that night, no traffic due to the time.

Ok.
So the next day I started unpacking and looking thorugh all my things.
I noticed I couldn't find my wallet.
Anywhere.
Now I am not one to lose stuff, especially a wallet or something important, so I was nervous.
I called JetBlue, I called MCO, and I called JFK (the airport we flew into).

Again long story short, they never found it and I never got it back.:sad2:
What I think happened is I either left it on the plane, or at MCO before we got on the plane.
I cancelled my debit card and got a new licence a couple of weeks later.

So, definitely not the best way for us to end a vacation but everything worked out.::yes::

When my friends and I talk about our trip (which we still do all the time!!) we only talk about the best parts:goodvibes

It was truly a magical trip and I will have those wonderful memories forever!
pixiedust:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for reading my first TR. I really appreciate you all taking the time to read what I've written.
I have had a blast writing it and I've loved making so many new friends on the DIS!
I am excited to do another one when I'm back from my July trip.:goodvibes

**I am going to do a wrap up post in about a week so stay tuned!**
:flower1:

Attachments

• end 22.JPG
    end 22.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 5

Omg nooooo! I catch up and realise you've finished your TR!! :sad2: SADNESS!!!

First of all, you went to Earl of Sandwich and got a SALAD??? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! :rotfl:

Beaches and Cream - definitely worth dragging your friends to, even if they were reluctant. It seems as though they enjoyed it anyway!

Boooo last day. I hope you didn't cry as much as I normally do :sad: :laughing:

Eeep good luck in your finals!!! Let us know how they go please!!

Omg nooooo! I catch up and realise you've finished your TR!! :sad2: SADNESS!!!
Hi Katie! Lol, don't worry about it!

First of all, you went to Earl of Sandwich and got a SALAD??? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! :rotfl:
I know, let's just say I'm never doing that again!:rotfl2:
Beaches and Cream - definitely worth dragging your friends to, even if they were reluctant. It seems as though they enjoyed it anyway!
Yes! It was so worth it! And yes thankfully they enjoyed it as well:thumbsup2
Boooo last day. I hope you didn't cry as much as I normally do :sad: :laughing:
There were definitely tears, especially saying goodbye to my grandparents:sad1:
Eeep good luck in your finals!!! Let us know how they go please!!
Thank you! And yes - when I'm home and I do my wrap up post I'll report how how the finals went!:goodvibes

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Jungle Book!

Leaving Disney is always sad, but spending some time at the resort is the best way to ease into it. And there's really no such thing as too many Art of Animation pictures.

We've done the luggage thing a few times and never had any problems ... but yeah, having a suitcase be left in Florida would definitely make me hesitant to use it again.

I'm sorry to hear about the lost wallet - that's rough. But at least it was only one small part of what was a pretty great vacation!

Good luck with finals!

:rotfl2:Poor Minnie. She must have been exhausted!
I think she was!:rotfl:
UH OH. That's never fun to deal with...
Yeah, it really isn't, but I didn't let it ruin my feelings about the trip!
:jumping1: I can't wait to read all about it!
Thanks! I'm getting so excited to go!:hyper::hyper::hyper:
Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! I LOVED following along!
Thank you so much Allison for reading along. :lovestruc

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Jungle Book!
Yes, it was great, and I recommend everyone to see it!:goodvibes
Leaving Disney is always sad, but spending some time at the resort is the best way to ease into it. And there's really no such thing as too many Art of Animation pictures.
I totally agree. I usually never go to a park on my last day, I don't mind just hanging out at a resort :thumbsup2
We've done the luggage thing a few times and never had any problems ... but yeah, having a suitcase be left in Florida would definitely make me hesitant to use it again.
Yeah, I just wasn't used to it, and I'm not blaming the service for what happened to my friend's luggage, I just won't be running back there to do it again lol.
I'm sorry to hear about the lost wallet - that's rough. But at least it was only one small part of what was a pretty great vacation!
Thanks, yeah I did not let it ruin the end of our vacation!:thumbsup2
Good luck with finals!
Thank you Sarah!:goodvibes

Hey! I actually stumbled across your TR yesterday and I've already caught up and completed it! Booo! I wish you had a longer trip so I could keep reading (I'm sure you and your friends also wish you had a longer trip).

I'm sorry that you had a pile up of issues on your travels home - they do say bad things happen in 3's, but I'm glad that you and your friends are able to recount all of the good times. It sounds/looks like you had a wonderful trip and I'm so glad that you got to share the Disney MAGIC with others.

I am jealous that you have a trip planned for July....but also happy because I'm hoping there will be a TR to come from it! We aren't planning on returning until December 2017 (boooo so far), but we're going to make it a EPIC TRIP (4 days in WDW, 7 night Disney Cruise then 2 nights in Universal) so I keep trying to tell myself it's okay because that trip is going to be amazing and worth the wait!

Thanks for sharing your trip!

The movie was amazing!
There were some differences in the film that were not in the original, but many things were the same. It's a film I think all Disney fans will enjoy.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I am almost officially done with my first year of college.
Woohoo!!!!

I was unsure about this, as I had never done it before.
Long story short, we did, but let's just say I won't be running back to do it again.
I'll explain why in a little bit...:sad2:
uh oh...

After some time they arrived and I made my way over to them.
I spare the details, but let's just say it's NEVER easy for me saying goodbye to them, especially when leaving Disney.
So you said goodbye to them on departure day? Just keep torturing yourself.

Oh! See that wallet...it won't be around much longer...:sad2:
uh oh...

We were sitting at our terminal, and of course, our flight got delayed again.
I don't think it was the weather, I think there were issues with the plane.

Originally it was at 5:30ish, and now it wasn't going to leave until 8:30.:sad2:
Wow. That's fun. :faint:

Now, I don't know if KellyAnn losing her suitcase has anything to do with us dropping off our luggage at the resort, but I know that I'm NEVER doing that again.:sad2:
I don't think it had anything to do with leaving it with bell services. If it was their problem, it likely wouldn't have even made it to the airport. I'd attribute it to the 3 hour departure delay more than anything.

Again long story short, they never found it and I never got it back.:sad2:
What I think happened is I either left it on the plane, or at MCO before we got on the plane.
I cancelled my debit card and got a new licence a couple of weeks later.
That really sucks. I'm sorry you lost your wallet. I know that panic feeling all too well. But at least I found mine.

Thank you everyone for reading my first TR. I really appreciate you all taking the time to read what I've written.
I have had a blast writing it and I've loved making so many new friends on the DIS!
I am excited to do another one when I'm back from my July trip.:goodvibes
I enjoyed it and I look forward to the next one!

Hey! I actually stumbled across your TR yesterday and I've already caught up and completed it! Booo! I wish you had a longer trip so I could keep reading (I'm sure you and your friends also wish you had a longer trip).
Hi! Even though I finished...:welcome:
Lol, yes I wish we had a longer trip as well, but anymore time and we would of had to miss school...:rotfl2:
I'm sorry that you had a pile up of issues on your travels home - they do say bad things happen in 3's, but I'm glad that you and your friends are able to recount all of the good times. It sounds/looks like you had a wonderful trip and I'm so glad that you got to share the Disney MAGIC with others.
Thank you, yeah, it was annoying back then, but like I said, we don't remember the bad stuff when we talk about the trip, we only remember the good things!
I am jealous that you have a trip planned for July....but also happy because I'm hoping there will be a TR to come from it! We aren't planning on returning until December 2017 (boooo so far), but we're going to make it a EPIC TRIP (4 days in WDW, 7 night Disney Cruise then 2 nights in Universal) so I keep trying to tell myself it's okay because that trip is going to be amazing and worth the wait!
Yes! I will definitely be writing another TR for my upcoming July trip! I had so much fun writing this one, it makes me excited for writing a second!
I will make sure to post the link in an update here!
That trip sounds AWESOME!!! You know, I always say, as long as there is a Disney trip planned, even if it is 2+ years away, it's a lot better then not having one planned at all!:thumbsup2
If you decide to write a TR, let me know and I would love to read it!:goodvibes
Thanks for sharing your trip!
Thank you so much for reading along!:goodvibes

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Yes, it was really great!
Woohoo!!!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Yup.:confused3
So you said goodbye to them on departure day? Just keep torturing yourself.
I know, it was very sad, but even if it was the day before it still would have been just as hard..:sad1:
Yup.:confused3
Wow. That's fun. :faint:
Lol, loads of fun! :rotfl2:
I don't think it had anything to do with leaving it with bell services. If it was their problem, it likely wouldn't have even made it to the airport. I'd attribute it to the 3 hour departure delay more than anything.
I totally agree. I'm not blaming bell services at all, and yes I do think it had to do with the delay. I just won't have to worry about dropping off luggage because we will be renting a car for our trip in July!:thumbsup2
That really sucks. I'm sorry you lost your wallet. I know that panic feeling all too well. But at least I found mine.
Yeah, it does, but I lived::yes::
I enjoyed it and I look forward to the next one!
Thank you Andy for reading along!:goodvibes

So glad that you and your friends had such a wonderful trip! Sorry to hear about the luggage and wallet fiasco! I can imagine that situation to be very stressful...and after a fun filled and relaxing vacation. :( Super exciting that you will be heading back soon! A great way to celebrate completing a first year of college! :D Can't wait to read more of your adventures!

I'm so sorry I'm so far behind!! I loved reading about your trip with your friends. What a great experience to close out high school with! I can't wait to hear all about your stay this summer. Your family is brave. My NY blood wouldn't last in the florida heat in July lol

PS. losing your wallet is the WORST! and it only gets worse the older you get. I can't even keep track of what cards I have in my wallet. It would be faster to just call every store in the area and ask if I have a card and cancel it lol

So glad that you and your friends had such a wonderful trip! Sorry to hear about the luggage and wallet fiasco! I can imagine that situation to be very stressful...and after a fun filled and relaxing vacation. :( Super exciting that you will be heading back soon! A great way to celebrate completing a first year of college! :D Can't wait to read more of your adventures!
Thank you so much! Yeah there were some little bumps, especially with the wallet and luggage, but everything worked out in the end. Yes! I am very excited to be going soon! Thank you so much for reading along!:goodvibes
I'm so sorry I'm so far behind!! I loved reading about your trip with your friends. What a great experience to close out high school with! I can't wait to hear all about your stay this summer. Your family is brave. My NY blood wouldn't last in the florida heat in July lol

PS. losing your wallet is the WORST! and it only gets worse the older you get. I can't even keep track of what cards I have in my wallet. It would be faster to just call every store in the area and ask if I have a card and cancel it lol
Yes! I am very exited to be going back home this summer, and lol we have been there many times during the heat, we are prepared!
I really appreciate you taking the time to read my TR!

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry it is been so long since I've said anything here. I was away from the DIS for about a month, and now I get to play catch up lol. Since getting home from school for the summer, I have been working a lot and spending time with friends and family! As you can see from my ticker, I have a little over a month left until my trip this summer! I am getting super excited. I promised you all a quick wrap up post so if anyone is still out there, so here it is!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wrap Up:

Staying at AoA:
My friends and I loved staying at AoA. It is such a wonderful resort which so much fun and excitement around every corner. We thought our Nemo room was adorable and had enough space for the 6 of us. We enjoyed the pools, especially the Cozy Cone Pool, and the food court when we needed something quick and tasty.
The Parks:
All the parks were wonderful during this trip. Even though it was during Spring Break which is such a busy time in WDW, we managed just fine. FP+ really helped with that. While I found MK and AK to be at normal busy crowds that week, I food EPCOT and HS to be very busy and the wait times for the attractions to be very long, due to the small amount of rides they have there. I am hoping with the upcoming additions in the future, that will be fixed.
Food:
Over the week, we really enjoyed the food during our trip. Our favorites were defnintley BOG for lunch, B&C for dessert and Italy for dinner.

Overall, my friends and I had a wonderful trip last Spring to Disney. A few months after we got home, I was surprised by my friends with this beautiful gift:

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

They took many of the pictures we had taken during the trip and made me a scrapbook as a thank you for the trip.
Let's just say I was very happy. ::yes::

My friends always talk about doing another trip to Disney. Eventually I know we will go again.
We really did have a wonderful trip together, and always reminisce about how much fun we had.
Again, thank you to everyone who read through this TR. I really appreciate it! If you were only a lurker, feel free to say hi to me! I love meeting new people on the DIS!

I will be posting a few PTR updates for my trip this July, and then will be doing a whole new TR for that trip!

See you all real soon!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter