We Ate WDW! 10 Days on Free DDP with LOTS of PHOTOS!! COMPLETED!

just wanted to share - just read this post....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1807181

apparently no more figaro fries- I am sooooo bummed-
just tried them for the very first time on my last trip in April- so confused as to why??meanwhile when I was ther the CM told me that this was the only place anywhere to get Fiagro Fries- that pinochio haus was the only place in the entire Disney property to serve them- so not fair!
:sad1:

just thought you would be interested....

Thanks for your great comments guys! I'm so sad I only have a couple left to write!! I almost don't want to post on this thread! But on the bright side, I only have 97 days left til we hit WDW again!!

Wolfgang Puck Express – Take 2!

We were originally going to eat at a park CS today, but yesterday, DBF had bought a NBC scarf at the Christmas Shop in DTD and had found a small stain on it, which meant we needed to go exchange it for another one. Whilst we’re there, where better to have lunch than Wolfgang Puck Express!

Again, not much queue today and it went down pretty quickly anyway. We managed to grab a seat inside and wait for our delicious food to come. DBF got the Quesadilla again. Here’s a photo from last time to refresh your memory:
img7898dk2.jpg

Guess what I got? Yep! Spot on! The quesadilla… how bout another photo of it?
img7898dk2.jpg

Every bit as good as the last time and we really enjoyed it once again!

H RATING: 9/10
E RATING: 9/10
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? Oh just looky at that, we just did!

I have really enjoyed reading your reviews! You ate at some great places. :thumbsup2

Hayley thanks for your reviews. It has helped the time before our trip go faster. We leave tomorrow for DW!:banana:

See you all when we get back!

Thanks for sharing your dining TR! We're in the process of planning our trip and I enjoyed all the pics and reviews! I'm a bit jealous of your trip this summer... 2+ weeks at disney AND a disney cruise?!?! WOW! Hope you have a great time!!

Haley, this is one of the best reviews I've seen on these boards! Thanks for posting these, I'm subscribbing, I dont want to loose this thread! Thanks again!!!:thumbsup2

Right guys, this has been a long time coming! I apologise for keeping you waiting so long! I finally got DBF to hand over the rest of the dining photos :teeth:

So without further ado, I gave you: Kona Cafe

We arrived at the Poly in good time - a first for us! Kona was quite busy, so we were given a pager and grabbed a couple of stools by the bar in Tambu Lounge. I was pondering over the cocktail menu, and I absolutely hate Malibu - everything I fancied had Malibu in it. I asked for a Sunken Treasure and to sub the Malibu for Peach Schnapps. But, the drink I received in the end was orange, not green! Hmm - I think he's mixed the wrong drink here. What I actually got was the Malibu Macaw with Schnapps subbed for Malibu... IT WAS SO GOOD! Really good, you could hardly taste the alcohol in it!

We were just paying for drinks when our buzzer went off, so we carried them with us into Kona. First the greeter took us over to the dessert counter and explained all the desserts to us, which I thought was a nice touch. We sat down at the far end of the room and our server came over to introduce herself and bring us some bread. For some reason, Els' beer smelt really funny - it just might have been the bottom of the barrel, and she exchanged it for a fresh one, no questions - so that was great.

(You can also see Els' beer and my Macaw in this photo)
img7980ep4.jpg

This bread was soooo good! Now I believe it when people say they could make a meal out of the bread alone! We had to stop ourselves eating it! It was hot and fresh, and slightly sweet, and the butter was just so nice with it!

Our appetizers came in good time, and we ordered another round of drinks - hey, it's our last night! We both ordered the same thing: Lump Crab Cakes - with Asian tartar and pineapple relish $10.49
img7978ui1.jpg

These were the best crab cakes EVER! They were filled with crab - I know some places they use fish as a filler, but all I could taste was that crab! The tartar and relish went with them perfectly. I was going to order the pot stickers before we came, but I'm glad I didn't as I would have been so jealous of Els! He agreed, saying the crab cakes were very good!

Now, I have a confession to make. I am a very bad DISer. I forgot to take photos of the Mains! We were enjoying ourselves so much, and once they came we just attacked them :laughing: If anyone would like to donate photos to my Food TR, you are welcome to post! What we had was:

Els: Beef Teriyaki - 10 ounce sirloin strip, grilled with pineapple teriyaki sauce, mashed Yukon gold potatoes, and stir-fried broccoli florets

Me: Filet Mignon - with a 5-Spice Mushroom Sauce, mashed yukon gold potatoes and asparagus

The filet was good! Only thing, I asked for it well done and it came out the rarer side of medium. My tolerance for pink meat is low - I am working on that! I've built myself up over the past year and now I probably wouldn't order a steak well done. Regardless I ate it, and it was an excellent steak - the me of today would probably doubly enjoy it! The 5 Spice Mushroom sauce was delicious - not too mushroomy or spicy (it was more peppery than spice) and went with the steak very well. I wished I'd taken a photo - A great meal, and I'd definitely order it again!

Els LOVED his meal and I mean LOVED it. I wasn't sure if he'd like the pineapple and stuff with it, but he said that the sweetness of the pineapple with the steak was amazing. He devoured the whole thing and I don't remember even getting a bite to try! It was that good. He's been looking forward to the steak all year!

We both ordered the same thing for dessert, and I came to my senses and took a photo of it. Kilauea Torte:
img7981kg8.jpg

What's not to like about melted chocolate encased in chocolate?!
The fruit 'squiggles' on the plate were really nice, but let's face it - you don't order a dessert like this to concentrate on the fruit! The dessert was warm and once it was cut open that chocolate came oozing out. I would have taken a photo of this if I wasn't too busy stuffing my face. Mmmm! Good!

Ambience: The restaurant was really busy and 'buzzing', but I don't remember it being overly loud in there. The lighting is nice and I thought it was a really great restaurant.

H RATING: 9/10
E RATING: 10/10
OVERALL: We really loved it here and felt it rightly deserved the title of Best Food on our Vacation. Lovely food and we felt it was great value if you were on DDP.

Would we eat here again?
Yes! We have an ADR! Els wanted me to make 2 :laughing:

I have really enjoyed reading your reviews! You ate at some great places. :thumbsup2

Thank you! We were really lucky with the places we ate - we liked some places more than others, but we didn't really have bad food anywhere. Some wasn't to our personal tastes, but it wasn't bad per say - just too much cinnamon for me :laughing:

Love your pix and reviews!!

Thank you! Come back for more!

Ooo, I could just eat that quesadilla!

Laur's princess:

Mmmm! Me too! It is so good! That is the FIRST thing I am eating at WDW!

Hayley thanks for your reviews. It has helped the time before our trip go faster. We leave tomorrow for DW!:banana:

See you all when we get back!

Aww, I'm so glad it helped! I hope you had a good time!! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your dining TR! We're in the process of planning our trip and I enjoyed all the pics and reviews! I'm a bit jealous of your trip this summer... 2+ weeks at disney AND a disney cruise?!?! WOW! Hope you have a great time!!

Yep :teeth: I can't WAIT! Be sure to come back for that TR ;) Thank you for reading!

Your review is great! I love all the pictures. Thanks for taking so much time!

No problem, I love that it helps people :goodvibes

Haley, this is one of the best reviews I've seen on these boards! Thanks for posting these, I'm subscribbing, I dont want to loose this thread! Thanks again!!!:thumbsup2

Aww thank you so much :thumbsup2 And thanks for reading!!

Thanks for your review of Kona, that chocolate dessert looks amazing. Sounds like I would be OK on the drinks as I love malibu (not that I can remember what it tastes like at the moment!!)

Laur's princess:

:laughing: Very true! Not long to go now though :teeth: Congratulations!!

You would love the Malibu Macaw then! Without the Malibu and with the Peach Schapps it tasted like a 'S on the Beach' (not sure if I can say the S word here!) - The Sunken Treasure also sounded really nice, I think it's Malibu, Midori, Sprite and maybe OJ?!

:laughing: Very true! Not long to go now though :teeth: Congratulations!!

You would love the Malibu Macaw then! Without the Malibu and with the Peach Schapps it tasted like a 'S on the Beach' (not sure if I can say the S word here!) - The Sunken Treasure also sounded really nice, I think it's Malibu, Midori, Sprite and maybe OJ?!

Thank you :goodvibes

Now that does sound good, one to look out next year I think.

Laur's x

i'm glad you liked kona......we love it too!!!! it's become a must-do for us. you should try the lapu lapu next time - heaven in a pineapple!!! there's no malibu rum but it does have myer's rum in it. don't know if that makes a difference with you or not.

you and els had the same meal ray and i did last year! here's the pics:

my filet:

172.jpg

his teriyaki strip:

DSC03854.jpg

we also had the crab cakes and they are SO GOOD!!!

this year i tried the tuna oscar, which i think is a new addition so it probably wasn't on the menu when you guys were there last year. it was the best thing i've ever eaten......seriously! if you like tuna i'd highly recommend it!!!

DSC03853.jpg

Mmmm!! Great pics! Thank you for adding to my TR :teeth:

That tuna does look VERY good, although I have to admit I've never tried raw tuna, or even sushi for that matter! I do want to try sushi though, there's nowhere around here to get it (albeit a supermarket, bleuch!) - I need to work my way up :laughing:

Mmmm!! Great pics! Thank you for adding to my TR :teeth:

That tuna does look VERY good, although I have to admit I've never tried raw tuna, or even sushi for that matter! I do want to try sushi though, there's nowhere around here to get it (albeit a supermarket, bleuch!) - I need to work my way up :laughing:

i had never tried raw tuna, either. i've tried sushi and i don't like the texture of it. but i love tuna, fried green tomatoes, asparagus and tempura-fried crab, so i had to try this! they sear the tuna on the outside and the seasonings they put on it are DELICIOUS!!! and the texture and taste was amazing...not yucky at all like i thought it would be. when i would mix a piece of tuna with the asparagus, crab and the sauce, it was such a good combination!!!

Hmm, I will have to keep that dish in mind then! It does look delicious! And I should really try to stop ordering steak everywhere!

great review Haley and how exciting that you are going back in 21 days :goodvibes

I really enjoyed reading your restaurant reviews...it made it alot easy for me in deciding which ADR's to make for my family's trip in September. :thumbsup2

How exciting that you are going to Disney in just a few short weeks......:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter