WDW- what's your True Confession?

Oh yeah, I thought of another one that's not really specific to visiting Disney World, but is still Disney-related: they seriously need to do something about the "Disney Look" BS- other than mustaches, have they changed the rules at all since the 50s? On my recent trip I actually observed a supervisor busting a CM for wearing light blue nail polish. (And no, this wasn't in a food-related area.) Horror of horrors! With all the crap CMs put up with from guests, I feel really bad for them for having to follow such strict rules about trivial things like that as well.
Also, I have to agree with those who don't get the big deal about the parades. I always use those times to avoid long lines for the rides and/or in stores. It just sucks trying to walk around when people don't understand that you're not trying to take their spot, just trying to get somewhere. (Last trip I actually got shoved into a fence by a little kid watching a parade- little monster pushed me right on the backs of my knees and I went face first into the fence.)

Thought of some more:

Yes, yes, I have reused refillable mugs. In 2009, we visited WDW three times that year. We took the mugs back that we got on our April trip and used them in July.

On our most recent trip we did buy one refillable mug at BB, but then brought along two regular refillable mugs from our trip in April (we always go in April of each year) to fill with soda from the BB mug for me and my daughter.

I commit pool towel offenses. I always grab more pool towels than what we need when at the pool. For the three of us, I'll grab five or six just to use at the pool. Then when we leave the pool area, I'll put those used ones in the towel return and grab a fresh one to use in the room as my "hair drying towel". Since we are DVC members we do not get daily housekeeping and while we try to remember whose room towel is whose, the pool towel with it's stripes designated that no one is to touch it, it's for wrapping up my hair turban style while I get ready and dressed for a day in the park.

I also will leave the pool towel in my room at the end of our stay for housekeeping to take away.

The three of us will also grab two chairs at the pool area and leave our assorted goodies (tote bags, towels, pool toys) on them while we swim. Usually though one of us (me or my husband) it at one of the chairs when we are at the pool area.

At CS restaurants DD and I will grab a table, while my husband gets the food.

I never stake out parade spots ridiculously early, but I have snagged great spots 30 mins ahead of time.

I never get in a line for a ride unless it is 30 mins or less.

We are rope droppers.

I have the opening show at MK memorized, even down to the dance moves.

I do tend to hit people in the ankles with my stroller, but it's truly on accident. One morning at rope drop at MK I had to say sorry 6 times before we made it under the train station.

Oh, the hubster and I will each take DD up to the FP attendant to get a CS pass each. We also will snag FPs too for the ride. However, by the end of the day will have some passes left over so we always give them away.

Second, I really don't like World Showcase. :rolleyes1 Hope I don't get bashed. It is not for me. Did it once and that was enough.
:rotfl2:

I'm another person who just didn't get into the World Showcase at Epcot which is a favorite of so many other people. Epcot, a favorite theme park of so many people is my least favorite Disney theme park. I do really like the three other ones, though.

I tried a Dole Whip once (read these boards too much). It was OK, but give me my Mickey Ears instead.

I hate Downtown Disney -- have only been high season in the evenings. It's wall to wall people and there are typically three hour waits for dinner (and that's usually just at the RainForest cafe -- other places usually aren't taking anymore reservations for the night). Why have I even set foot in this place for a high season evening more than one time?

I find Cirque de Soliel shows to be dark, creepy. and boring, and my prefence would be to never see one again. (Have been to La Nouba three times, seen one traveling show, and have seen three shows in Las Vegas -- DH is a big fan, and I've gone along for the ride.)

And as much as I love Disney and their theme parks, SeaWorld is my favorite theme park, and I do at least one day there on each trip. I one time stayed the in the World at the Contempoary for four days with my toddler (loved it -- DH had a seminar there) and I only did one theme park, SeaWorld on the trip.

SHOCK // HORROR -- I also on that trip committed one of the most terrible crimes one can commit based on what I have read on the DISBOARDS. From what I've read, I think it's a crime to even think about this (dare I even mention it -- I've seen the comments given to posts from unknowing souls who started posts about this.) This is a true confession post for sure. Who do I think I am to have not only thought about this but to have actually done this and not even feel a horrendous sense of remorse and guilt? And it wasn't due to ignorance or not reading signs either. I even knew the official policy. What was my crime?: We pool hopped and tried about half a dozen Disney theme park pools during our Contemporary resort stay and are not even Disney Vacation club members.

I'm a huge Orlando/SeaWorld/Disney fan and sometimes take trips down with just my son. When I got married in 85, though, and we are still happily married -- I married a guy ANOTHER SHOCK who does not like Orlando/Disney -- He doesn't like theme parks / things that are man made for entertainment purposes. It bothers him that walking around WDW, he can't even find a pebble to kick. He thinks it's just unnatural. He's fine with their conferenece facilities, but won't step into a Disney or Universal theme park these days. The only park he liked in Orlando (He thought SeaWorld was OK too, but isn't a huge fan) is Gatorland. He liked it that alligators are native to the area, and it was a little cheesy, more like an old time Floridia attraction. He got a kick out of gators jumping for thawed out frozen chickens. (Yes -- as a family on family vacations that include all of us we go to National Parks rather than theme parks).

Been to rope drop ONCE, over rated, also never watched a parade, I rather be riding rides

Finally rode Soarin' (after my husband described it to me as being different than what it was -- he said you laid down in a harness and they inverted you) and I just didn't see the big deal.

At Blizzard Beach, I freak out on the chair lift .....

Later that day, the things stopped at people were riding it. I kissed the stairs as we were climbing up to the top. Had I been on the chair lift when it stopped, you know EMS would have arrived at the park. I gave it a shot, and from now on, I'll just get my workout for the week by climbing the stairs.

That is how I feel about Soarin!! I can't ride it, I don't feel safe with just the seatbelt, although I know that I am. If I were on Soarin and it stopped and they turned the lights on like they do, uggghh...I think I'd faint and fall right over and dangle there, seriously :upsidedow:guilty::sad2:!

That's my confession lol!

I LOVE this thread :goodvibes. I think I'm guilty of many of these Disney "sins." The pool hopping thing is one I've only dreamed of though :rotfl:. Every year, I threaten to do it, but I've never had the nerve, and the guilt was too much for me. Three nights ago, I had this wonderful dream where I went to multiple resorts and tried the slides - and felt no guilt whatsoever ;).

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

My confessions are:

I need to stay on site (been on site for the last two trips an will be in December)
I dislike all the 10year olds in strollers
I need to make it to rope drop
While all you guys are watching the parade this girl is hopping in every line she can!

LOL about the 10 year olds in strollers. If I see an older child in a stroller, I wonder why they can't just walk. Although, I had to put my 8 yo in the stroller once because she went over on her ankle and couldn't walk. I just carried the baby and pushed the stroller. I knew people were looking at me thinking the same thing. I wanted to stop everyone and explain that she couldn't walk LOL.

I rent a stroller for my camera bag;it gets heavy. I do have 2 kids they walk though.

I don't understand the dining plan.

I get jealous of people that say "I'm going to disney". Even tho we go every year.

I eat...sleep...breath everything disney world. It's really bad

I've never rode Tomorrowland Speedway, its the only attraction in all 4 parks I havn't done. I actually had forgotten that till a friend showed me her pics today and there is one of her and her DD driving. Even worse....... I had actually forgotten that ride existed till I saw her pics. :flower3:

I thought of another one!!!

I've never had a mickey ice cream bar and don't feel the need to ever have one. :mickeybar

I thought of another one!!!

I've never had a mickey ice cream bar and don't feel the need to ever have one. :mickeybar

Yes! Love chocolate ice cream. Hate vanilla. It's so, so, --PLAIN! Now, if they had chocolate ice cream Mickey Bars... :mickeybar

My confession is similar to the EQUAL one - I take packets of Ken's salad dressing (particularly blue cheese and ranch) from Columbia Harbor House to bring home. We can't get Ken's in the UK and I think it's the best. Last trip I took a few on the last day and had to put them in my carry-on...in the ziplock bag that's usually full of cosmetics. Got some funny looks from TSA!!

oooh you stole my thread!!! There is a thread called "disney confessions" somewhere here...but its okay cause my thread was dying anyway :):lmao:

Here's my contribution:

"I dont plan to go the theatres to see Cars 2...because I thought the 1st one put me to sleep...literally.":rolleyes1

oooh you stole my thread!!! There is a thread called "disney confessions" somewhere here...but its okay cause my thread was dying anyway :):lmao:

Here's my contribution:

"I dont plan to go the theatres to see Cars 2...because I thought the 1st one put me to sleep...literally.":rolleyes1

I don't recall seeing it if it orginated here. It was started on the TPA&S board and got moved to the CB. Wasn't part of my plan :laughing: :confused3

Yes! Love chocolate ice cream. Hate vanilla. It's so, so, --PLAIN! Now, if they had chocolate ice cream Mickey Bars... :mickeybar

Yeah, that's probably the problem for me, don't really like vanilla ice cream. Although I do like ice cream sandwiches so may try a one of those some day. I just usually run out of snack credits because there are other things I want more. ;)

I hated the Journey to the Imagination ride with Figment - just don't get the appeal at all.

Loved the old Alien Encounter Ride. We did Stitch this time around and was disappointed. I wanted to like it, I really did but miss the old Alien Ride. I just found Stitch to be annoying.

Like Fantasmic okay don't feel the battle of the crowds was worth it for the second show. If I were to do it again, I would either walk in to the first show ahead of time and sit down or I would wait and walk in after everyone else was seated for the second show and hope there were seats available. The Pushing, shoving, cutting, etc. was not worth it at all and I was scared my kids were going to get run over! People were even cutting through the landscaping on the side and getting sent back by the CM's. What a nightmare.

Like the HS hat where it is at. :rotfl:

• LOVE ToT!!
  • I don't like turkey legs. The whole concept is just gross to me :confused3 I LOVE food, but these just turn me off for some reason :sick:
  • Dole Whip Floats are my new addiction
  • Finally rode TSM and am not in a big hurry to do it again (but I think it's a great ride for kids!! My nephews LOVED it; even the twin 2yr olds were able to ride)
  • Love, love, love POP!

This is a DIS confession, but I've always thought the WDW Commando Club was for those who don't wear underwear at Disney :headache: I just figured out what the real meaning was today. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter