Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
housecat said:
The address for TMT is in Minnesota. Sorry if I offended anyone by not keeping up with all the posts. I saw that a few people had events coming up so I thought I would ask. I keep up with the thread as much as I can with my two kids, full-time job, and part-time job. It's hard to even find time to check email these days! This newbie will keep her mouth shut from now on. :)

The address for TMG was Texas. So, TMG and TMT must be different. I just thought you were using code, so no one would be able to look up TMG on the internet.

SplshMtn99 That's a great idea. I haven't used my petco card though. Let us know if that works.

Hello All,

Back from vacation and doing my first event today since being home - Tums. I am a little bummed, though by the lack of work. I have one more event booked for 11/2, then nothing, nada, zip. Tassimo never came up in my area (I was checking while away). I am getting a little worried. Do you think the TMT lost their MC contract as well? I was hoping to work each weekend till Christmas. Oh, well. Maybe it will pick up.

Susan

SplshMtn99 said:
OK, and now a question.
Has anyone used your 75 cent swipe out on a higher priced product along with a coupon, resulting in 75 cents or less? Example: Product on sale say $1.50. I have a $1 coupon. So its just 50 cents when I swipe out on MC card. That should be allowed, right?

I'd not think it'd be a problem, since it is still a .75 swipe out - but I've not tried it.

I always get low-sodium chicken or beef broth, that is .72. :)

SplshMtn99 said:
OK, and now a question.
Has anyone used your 75 cent swipe out on a higher priced product along with a coupon, resulting in 75 cents or less? Example: Product on sale say $1.50. I have a $1 coupon. So its just 50 cents when I swipe out on MC card. That should be allowed, right?
I have done it a couple times with my Petco events & haven't had a problem...
Our swipe out amount is $1.00, Pigs Ears are .99 but I have 3 dogs! I use the $2.00 off survey coupon that prints out occassionally.... the total for 3 pigs ears is $2.97 then .97 after the coupon.. it's never been questioned.

susan137 said:
Hello All,

Back from vacation and doing my first event today since being home - Tums. I am a little bummed, though by the lack of work. I have one more event booked for 11/2, then nothing, nada, zip. Tassimo never came up in my area (I was checking while away). I am getting a little worried. Do you think the TMT lost their MC contract as well? I was hoping to work each weekend till Christmas. Oh, well. Maybe it will pick up.

Susan

^^I sure hope not! Although, with all the posts about the other agencies losing their contracts, it is starting to look like that is what could be going on. I've also noticed that the Walmart events are becoming fewer and fewer. There seem to be a few ST events getting put up in surrounding areas, but that's no good here since we don't have one, only a regular Target. Bummer. :sad2:

SplshMtn99 said:
Housecat, my apologizes for snapping at you. Didn't mean it quite like that. :grouphug:

No problem. :) I really do appreciate you guys taking your time to provide all the info/details on your events. :thumbsup2

Back from the Tums event. Very slow...didn't help that they stuck me in the dog food isle! The manager said she didn't want me up by the health/beauty department b/c it is too high traffic there :confused3 Ah, isn't that the point? Gotta love it. I managed to give out about 200 samples & coupons. It was slow going, though. Hope everyone else did well.

Susan

Any new development on the 3M event? Are the kits to come to us? I am having to drive for this one so hoping all is good!!

drgnfly30 said:
I have done it a couple times with my Petco events & haven't had a problem...
Our swipe out amount is $1.00, Pigs Ears are .99 but I have 3 dogs! I use the $2.00 off survey coupon that prints out occassionally.... the total for 3 pigs ears is $2.97 then .97 after the coupon.. it's never been questioned.

Cool, I'm going to pay more attention to my coupons then. Because it really seems like they issue a $1 coupon in Sunday paper coupon section when there is a demo.

I've got $1 coupons for Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles, $5 for Glade Trio or Light Show, $1 off Fruity Cheerios, $1 off Caribou Bars, $1 off Barber Foods & more I don't have in front of me. I haven't noticed a 75cent or under final price yet, but maybe some day. hehehe

Also back from TUMS. Very surpised I gave out all 395 coupons & almost all the 585 samples. :crazy: Who would have thunk?

Left the remaining samples with the Pharmacy lady. We both thought she couldn't just leave them out with "take one" sign, but she said they do get people who ask if they have any samples. I told her to give them to all the pregnant ladies. You gals were right, all the pregnant ladies wanted them badly. I gave them several to keep in their purses. lol

Store only had 7 Cocoa & Creme to sell & they were gone by 2:50pm. Then I ran out of Peppermint, then out of Berry Fusion. Still had the Asst Tropical & Asst Fruit left, so I taped the few coupons I had left to those on the shelves before I left.

Oh....and the STRANGEST THING.... :confused3 ALOT (I mean ALOT) of people reading table poster while approaching table thought it was TUMS now made into a DRINK. :confused3 Had to keep explaining why named "Smoothies"; along with script. :rolleyes:

I'm going to take a guess here, & let me know what you think?

I'm THINKING that demos in December will slow down. Stores are packed with merchandise in the aisles. Crowded with people stressed about shopping. Don't have the $ to spend on unexpected purchases.

BUT, otherhand, what better time to get your product seen & sampled. Maybe they'll buy it in Jan or Feb instead.

I can see events like Tassimo & the wine; maybe some of the pre-made holiday type foods from deli/meat dept. But I don't see places like WalMart, Kmart or regular Target doing that stuff. Super Target yes with the foods.

Unless they complete suprise me & the "types" of products we do really change in Dec, I'm thinking we might not be too busy.

Also, they might have a history of having difficulty staffing events in Dec. People are busy; don't want to deal with crowds. BUT otherhand, people want the $ for Xmas. :rotfl2:
What do you think?

drgnfly30 said:
Interesting thread... I just hope it's not true (the part about insourcing)... WM is about 1/2 of my bookings....
http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=57174

Well, the part in there about WM using their own people to reset a store is not correct at my local store. They are currently resetting the entire store & moving fixtures, painting, flooring, signs.... They had signs EVERYWHERE looking to hire people for TEMP RESET positions; no experience needed - about 8 wk job. And they've started the work.....I'm told by just about every WM employee that those people are not professional resetters & are only working for Walmart as temps. No name tags; no vests. Most don't seem to speak English. Honestly, alot of them are scarey looking too. lol I keep a close eye on my purse when working demos there while this work is being done.

My DH & I were shopping in there the other day...and he says "wonder how much stuff dissapears while doing a job like this?". (He's retail background too.)

drgnfly30 said:
Interesting thread... I just hope it's not true (the part about insourcing)... WM is about 1/2 of my bookings....
http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=57174

The local lead at WM hinted that there was a shake up coming the 1st of the year and said that MC only has 5% of the demo market. That's all she would say, but if MC is cutting down its number of agencies, this might be the reason.

MaMa3Princess said:
Any new development on the 3M event? Are the kits to come to us? I am having to drive for this one so hoping all is good!!

All my Walmart kits have come to me in the past. Obviously, don't have this one yet.

Hmmmm, just starting reading the directions. Someone mentioned a few days ago it says " IF STORE DISPLAY CANNOT BE LOCATED, contact Store Manager for assistance. If no display, DO NOT CONDUCT THE DEMO" (more about that on page 2 of instructions)

Oh man, I can tell you right now, there won't be a display. The store is a mess with the reset going on. Stuff being moved everywhere. They aren't stocking shelves unless they have too, or stocking after shelves are moved.

I really doubt anyone will be putting out a display.

I'll keep reading, but almost tempted to unbook. I wanted to go somewhere fun that day, but DH talked me into working. Is getting dressed & driving 2 miles to store, looking around for display, signing out.....worth $28 no event pay? I could just make it to my "fun activity" after getting home & changing again. ;)

I sure hope WM is not hiring it's own demo people. 80 - 90 percent of my jobs are at WM. I don't have a ST in my area and I've only done 2 regular Target jobs since I started. It sure makes sense, though. There is a new, distinct lack of work right now. Only time will tell, I guess.

Susan

Hi all...been away a week, we were on our cruise, anyway i get back to check my email and I have an email from Nikki telling me that I was audited at my Tassimo event and the comments where i was no where to be found at store and that my receipts show that i swiped i and out and that if i did that and didnt run the event it was grounds for termination.

Let me just say that my reply email wasnt so friendly. Itold her that i dont know where that person was but that i didnt even get a chance for a break this event i was so busy and i was setup right in front of the tassimo display. I also have frineds that visit me during my events to cehck them out and they can tell her i was tehre. And by the way I have pictures. I dont like being accused of nto doing my job before given a chance to see what the audit comment was all about.

I hope i get a reply monday cuz I am really curios. Did anybody else get an email about being audited at the Tassimo event. If anything out of all my events, this was my best as far as knowing hte spiel and explainging the machine. I am not a hppy camper, I am getting pretty fed up with this MC people!!!

dodukes said:
Hi all...been away a week, we were on our cruise, anyway i get back to check my email and I have an email from Nikki telling me that I was audited at my Tassimo event and the comments where i was no where to be found at store and that my receipts show that i swiped i and out and that if i did that and didnt run the event it was grounds for termination.

Let me just say that my reply email wasnt so friendly. Itold her that i dont know where that person was but that i didnt even get a chance for a break this event i was so busy and i was setup right in front of the tassimo display. I also have frineds that visit me during my events to cehck them out and they can tell her i was tehre. And by the way I have pictures. I dont like being accused of nto doing my job before given a chance to see what the audit comment was all about.

I hope i get a reply monday cuz I am really curios. Did anybody else get an email about being audited at the Tassimo event. If anything out of all my events, this was my best as far as knowing hte spiel and explainging the machine. I am not a hppy camper, I am getting pretty fed up with this MC people!!!

Bummer. I almost think I was audited, because this nutjob came in and said she was there just to see me and that she had a similar machine that leaked, so she wanted to try the Tassimo. Then she tried the coffee and said she didn't like it. I told her that they made other flavors, but I didn't have any, sorry. Then she acted ticked off and left. She kinda looked like the same chick that showed up at another event and asked who I worked for then acted ticked off when I wouldn't tell her. If she's an auditor, MC needs to screen their secret shoppers better. She's insane.

dodukes said:

WOW!!! No, haven't heard anything yet.

What do your receipts say for swipe in & out times? That's just strange. I mean, if you swiped out really early supposedly, then payroll would have docked you too. Assuming you were paid correctly since you didn't mention it. So somethings no adding up here with them. Maybe they've got you mixed up with someone else at another store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter