Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

housecat

Mouseketeer
Are you guys getting November events for your areas? I have the Tums event this weekend...then, zip! I was really hoping to add a few for next month, but so far there's nothing. :confused3 I'm really bummed about it.

We have two Super Walmarts in my area, but only one Target. And it's not a Super Target at that. So I guess we miss out on quite a few because of that.
And my Agrolabs juice event didn't run due to no product at the store.

How far do some of you drive for your events? I figured that if I worked a four or five hour event in Shreveport (which is 80 miles or so away), I would still come out ahead $$-wise, but when I factor in time spent on the road and mileage, I don't think it's such a good deal.

If you've been keeping up with the thread, none of us have much for November, other than the Tassimo events on 11/19. You'll need to adjust your search dates to cover that time period. We can search up to 2 months in advance, but only in "3 week 6 day" increments.

TUMS = pregnant women!!! Give 'em to a teen pregnancy place or women's shelter...no doubt they'll come in handy...I lived on the stuff when I was pregnant!! :rotfl:

Bren's Mom said:
TUMS = pregnant women!!! Give 'em to a teen pregnancy place or women's shelter...no doubt they'll come in handy...I lived on the stuff when I was pregnant!! :rotfl:

Never been pregnant, so I didn't know that one. lol Great idea. :thumbsup2

housecat said:
How far do some of you drive for your events? I figured that if I worked a four or five hour event in Shreveport (which is 80 miles or so away), I would still come out ahead $$-wise, but when I factor in time spent on the road and mileage, I don't think it's such a good deal.

The farthest I have gone is 50 miles one way (100 RT) I had an 80mile one booked but then I decided against it (booked before instructions came out and I would of done the 5hr event "IF" it was a microwave, but it was only a toaster oven)

Since I have been having a real issue with kits to the stores AND the stores not being informed about the event until 2 days before (sometimes even night before) and not having proper stock... driving that far for a stinking 28 dollars is NOT cool!

My husband would prefer that I don't go over 30 miles to any of them.. He would rather me stay around 20 if all possible.. I agree, I hate driving, but I really need the money right now, But luckily the jobs I have right now are under 30 from me.... These will be the first ones for me!!! I am excited, but nervous at the same time....

Woo Hoo, :bounce: :bounce: I’ve finally finished reading over 3000 posts to this thread.

As a regular reader on the Rewards Board, I thought last Friday, maybe I’d better be checking out some of the other boards to prepare for our Disney trip later this year when I happened upon this thread. I spent all morning skimming over the pages and mulling over the idea of trying this. Some of your posts made me want to jump right in and others had me questioning why :confused3 . Monday morning I applied to MC, faxed my Jurat form and am waiting for them to contact me - email said it may be 1 - 2 weeks. Since filling out the application, I’ve spent four days reading every post and making notes along the way.

As a SAHM for over 10 years, I’d been looking for ways to “get out of the house” and supplement our income without being committed to certain hours and days and this seems to fit the bill.

Last, but not least, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Your experiences, good and bad, had been invaluable. I love the way you help each other out. Hopefully, I’ll be able to contribute real soon.

The furthest I've gone is 2 miles to the Super Target! I won't go further if I don't have to.

It is hard here, the way I understand it is that All these agencies bid on zones. The local agencies know what territories are and what stores they want. MC seems to only have contracts with specific stores. I can be local all day long for about 20 dollars less, but I have to drive at least 28 miles which is nothing here since everyone commutes. I have driven about 40 miles that has been my furthest. But just like B.Rivers said the whole kit issue and the store not knowing has caused me to book with my local agency if I think there will be a problem. Just like I am waiting to see about this 3M thing, if I dont get a kit soon I will book with my other agency.

KPauley, welcome to the club we love people who READ the thread!!! You rock in my book :Pinkbounc

The furthest I drive is 30 miles, and only because my dd lives in that city, and I hope to see her when I go. It's a ST, so jobs go fast and I don't often get an event. Just my luck, she has been working or out of town every time I've worked there!

Welcome Kpauley!! I'm a SAHM who became disabled while staying home. Can't work more than a few hours, so this is perfect for me!

I need to say thanks to the original OP and everyone else, you helped me realize I could handle this! I really needed something to help make ends meet and this is something I can actually do!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Well, my 17 yr old DD found this thread and applied online yesterday. She wants to earn money for her school trip to Europe next Spring and thought this sounded like a flexible way to earn money and not interfere with her high school schedule.
I'm alittle skeptical that a high schooler can handle this type job. I'm also alittle worried about some of the "wierdos" she may encounter in the stores. Have any of you seen teenagers working this job? Any advice or recommendations?

brivers222 said:
Got a similar E-mail... I can actually work another Airfreshner on 10/23/06 (that would be three days in a row of this event... I will be a pro) The other event is also an Airfresher however... I AM ALREADY BOOKED FOR THAT EXACT EVENT... (insert DUH smilie dude here). I let her know to stop offering that as I AM doing it and have been booked since 10/14/06 :confused3

So i just checked by ebooking and it appears that my event on 10/22 has been cancelled (booked it on the 10/14 mind you). Then I check my email and Vanesa responds to my email above about the two jobs, saying that they are already booked.

***???? She CANCELLED the event I had booked 1 week ago and it was on MY docket and gave it to someone else... BS!

Jobs are hard enough to come by and I have done Nothing wrong in my events... that is a load of crap.

I fired off an email to her asking her for an explaination as to why she unbooked me and gave away the job to someone else!!!!!!

So, who else got the e-mail? My agency has been cancelled, and they're transferring me to SPi. Mass Connections will now only have two agencies. That's fine with me if I can book some work, but I can't do that until after 10/30.

I don't know if that's good news for the SPi folks. You seem to have had the good choices lately, and you'll be getting more competition. Oh well, you might get more bookings, too, so it would pay off if you're always on-line to book them.

momof2inPA said:
So, who else got the e-mail? My agency has been cancelled, and they're transferring me to SPi. Mass Connections will now only have two agencies. That's fine with me if I can book some work, but I can't do that until after 10/30.

I don't know if that's good news for the SPi folks. You seem to have had the good choices lately, and you'll be getting more competition. Oh well, you might get more bookings, too, so it would pay off if you're always on-line to book them.

We you w/ All About Events? That's who I"m with..only till 10/30 then who knows who I'm with! No one has told me anything! All About Events just said not to ask them anything because they don't know anything!? So I'm just waiting I guess! :confused3

ldb1030 said:
We you w/ All About Events? That's who I"m with..only till 10/30 then who knows who I'm with! No one has told me anything! All About Events just said not to ask them anything because they don't know anything!? So I'm just waiting I guess! :confused3

No, I was with Talent Marketing Group. I'll be kinda sad to switch. Cassie was always so nice. I just got the e-mail, and I did e-mail them yesterday, so maybe they sent mine out early to answer my question.

momof2inPA said:

The only way it would cause more competition is if agencies were randomly assigned but they are assigned by region.. if you were the border of a region, maybe....but like me, even though I can now search & book events in the two other states that border mine, none of the jobs have been anywhere near me....so I'm not hedging in on anyone elses bookings....

I just realized that the address for MassConnections and the address for SPI are one and the same...

13131 E 166th St
Cerritos CA 90703

You guys with other agencies, is your agencies address the same??

If not, it looks like SPI really is MC & they are 'dumping' all the third party agencies....

Whatcha think???? :confused3
ETA: I think I answered my own question... http://www.touchamerica-instore.com/MC/partners.htm SPI is listed as an MC Partner (along with Carsan which does their shipping) No other 'agency' is... looks like MC is just insourcing more of their event personnel....

This was taken from the link in above post.

SPi, the industry’s leading event staffing company, is dedicated to matching the best personnel to represent your product and promotional campaign. Our event personnel undergo extensive background checks, skill set orientations, and comprehensive training courses. The patent pending MCSS staffing software provides capabilities beyond any staffing company in the industry by creating event personnel profiles to custom match skill sets with events. SPi’s dedication to best serving the needs of the client assures quality and success of your events.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Here's my picture. GREAT, I'm hired!!!!!! Here's a table, now go work.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :teeth:

drgnfly30 said:
I just realized that the address for MassConnections and the address for SPI are one and the same...

13131 E 166th St
Cerritos CA 90703

You guys with other agencies, is your agencies address the same??

If not, it looks like SPI really is MC & they are 'dumping' all the third party agencies....

Whatcha think???? :confused3
ETA: I think I answered my own question... http://www.touchamerica-instore.com/MC/partners.htm SPI is listed as an MC Partner (along with Carsan which does their shipping) No other 'agency' is... looks like MC is just insourcing more of their event personnel....

The address I use (used!) for my agency is in Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter