Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of writing "TESTER" on the bottles. I'll have to remember that. I loved the Suave lotion too. I'll have to pick some up. I said some naughty words when trying to assemble that table. Mine had no center support either. Were your table, brochures, and coupons in Spanish? Mine were. This wasn't a predominately Spanish speaking area, so :confused3 Luckily I was set up near the ladies room because I had to make a few visits that last hour! :sick: I stopped putting my break sign up. I was back faster than I could have put it out! Thanks for the help!

The coupons were Spanish on one side and English on the other, but they stuck them together with the Spanish showing, I took several apart and put them by the products they worked for, that was the only way I could get people to take and use them.

If my memory is right, "Pasa la Belleza" would mean, "it passes the beauty." It must be just a phrase for their new campaign for both English and Spanish: http://www.pasalabelleza.com/

I was in an area that was 1/3 Hmong, 1/3 Spanish, and 1/3 Scandinavian (only in Minnesota!). The young ladies at the service counter can transition between all 3 languages without even blinking. I think they should get paid about a million dollars an hour for being able to do that - someone would wet their pants before I'd be able to figure out how to say where the restrooms were.

I love the idea of writing "TESTER" on the bottles. I'll have to remember that. I loved the Suave lotion too. I'll have to pick some up. I said some naughty words when trying to assemble that table. Mine had no center support either. Were your table, brochures, and coupons in Spanish? Mine were. This wasn't a predominately Spanish speaking area, so :confused3 Luckily I was set up near the ladies room because I had to make a few visits that last hour! :sick: I stopped putting my break sign up. I was back faster than I could have put it out! Thanks for the help!

I was going to say too that if I get ambitious here, I'm going to print a few sheets of labels that say demo and put them on the products I'm using to sample because I've even had people reach behind and take one of the things I've paid for. If I stick them on the UPC, no one could checkout with them. I've also used the sharpie to cross out the UPC or write all over the box/can. Nearly every time I'm working somewhere, a manager will come up and say, "are WE paying for this?!" Maybe I'll print labels that say "purchased by MC" :eek:

Are we, or are we not, supposed to sign in as vendors?

I've been chewed out before on this too, now, for new places I ask if they have a vendor book and do they want me to sign-in. They are on the service counters at the Walmarts I go to. Never have seen one at Kmart, and the LOD checked off some form at Target, so I didn't have to do anything.

Around here no one has asked me to sign anything. I'm mostly in ST's never asked there. :confused3

Today I did South Beach diet wraps,cookies and cereal bars. The wraps went over really well. The other products picked up after I ran out of the wraps.:thumbsup2

Vendor Log - Whenever I work a new store, I go to the Service Desk and ask what their procedure is and only one WM has asked me to sign a vendor log. Now, I just go in and “do my thing”. Only stop at Service Desk if I need a signature when I’m done.

I’m doing the Dove/Suave at Kmart tomorrow also. Is there advertising on the table for the product? If not, maybe I’ll just use my own table even if they find my kit which is a big IF.

For those of you who did University Medical yesterday, did they have the product to sell? My WM did not. Doing it again Wednesday and hope this store has the product. Would love to know cost as that was the most common question I couldn’t answer.

What did you purchase for $.75? I have a dog and don't know anything I could buy for her at that price. Could I buy a can of cat food and then donate the food somewhere?

Well... for that series of events I had to purchase dog biscuits at the beginning & for the check out they up'd my amount to $1.00. So I'd either get 3 pigs ears for .99 or a small can of cat food.

Well met yet TWO more MC people at "my" ST today and let me say--I was NOT impressed with either one. First one: wasn't set up until around 11:25 Ok--they had to find their product. Second one: didn't clock in until 11:20ish and then not on floor until close to noon---and doing crystal light--not like they had to cook to anything. Then at 4:10 they walked with me to the restroom--and their table out on the floor. And they took a call on their phone. Our ST didn't have anyone there like they usually do--neither one of them knew where the garbage went--number two told me they normally just leave it in the back--I reminded them that ST had NO ONE there to take it out for us like they normally do--said it wasn't their problem and it was only one little trash bag. UGG!!!!!! I feel like emailing Taylor and asking her if they vet these people at all!!!!!!! Also--around 1:30 number one comes up to me and says they are going on break and number two is breaking at 2:00. Now--they set their tables up next to each other in the aisle--I took the front door because I know ST likes someone there and my product was in the pharmacy anyway. But what is it---the noon person goes on break at 2:00? I went on break when it was a good time for me and my flow. I don't like to take breaks but my ST really requires it.

They keep hiring, it gets harder to book events and you show up and see people like this! Sheesh---are my "standards" just too high?????

Had my 1st event today - Healthy Dairy Smoothies - went well - sold out but did not have but 18 to sell. The instructions said to buy 32 bottles, but only bought 25 to have some to sell - ended up with about 12 bottles left - should not have bought so many. Anyway, 3 questions:

If the event does not say anything about a tablecloth, do you still bring one? I didn't not, and the top of my black starter table did get kinda of dirty.

I picked the kit up at the store and there was a t-shirt in it. No where did it mention a t-shirt, but I went to the restroom and changed. Do you still where the black apron over the t-shirt? That is not extra money for a t-shirt, right?

I was so nervous about getting the clock in right - I got there at 10:45, got kit and products, clocked in at 11:04, due to having to use the cashier's customer discount card to make it ring up under my approved $ amount. Cleaned up and clocked out at 4:00 and then got manager's signature. But, when I went into the system to fill out everything tonight, it shows I clocked in at 11:02, not 11:04, and I clocked out at 3:59? Will I be docked in pay for it showing 4 hours and 57 minutes? With all of my other duties and time, it totatly that I worked 5 hours and 20 minutes?

That part is so confusing. Anyway, it went well and I liked it. I had to drive 88 miles one way to this event- I left at 9:15 and got home at 5:30! Nothing is close to my home!

One more question - if the event is 5 hours, do you take a break? If so, for how many minutes and do you write that down on your break display card or just leave it blank?

Thanks so much!

Had my 1st event today - Healthy Dairy Smoothies - went well - sold out but did not have but 18 to sell. The instructions said to buy 32 bottles, but only bought 25 to have some to sell - ended up with about 12 bottles left - should not have bought so many. Anyway, 3 questions:

If the event does not say anything about a tablecloth, do you still bring one? I didn't not, and the top of my black starter table did get kinda of dirty.

I picked the kit up at the store and there was a t-shirt in it. No where did it mention a t-shirt, but I went to the restroom and changed. Do you still where the black apron over the t-shirt? That is not extra money for a t-shirt, right?

I was so nervous about getting the clock in right - I got there at 10:45, got kit and products, clocked in at 11:04, due to having to use the cashier's customer discount card to make it ring up under my approved $ amount. Cleaned up and clocked out at 4:00 and then got manager's signature. But, when I went into the system to fill out everything tonight, it shows I clocked in at 11:02, not 11:04, and I clocked out at 3:59? Will I be docked in pay for it showing 4 hours and 57 minutes? With all of my other duties and time, it totatly that I worked 5 hours and 20 minutes?

That part is so confusing. Anyway, it went well and I liked it. I had to drive 88 miles one way to this event- I left at 9:15 and got home at 5:30! Nothing is close to my home!

Don't worry about the clock in/clock out times being a few minutes off! I asked this last week and it seems normal and not a problem!

Also, I can not believe you drove 88 miles ONE WAY for an event! That would totally not be worth it to me....any $ I made would go right into my gas tank!!:sad2:

Vendor Log - Whenever I work a new store, I go to the Service Desk and ask what their procedure is and only one WM has asked me to sign a vendor log. Now, I just go in and “do my thing”. Only stop at Service Desk if I need a signature when I’m done.

I’m doing the Dove/Suave at Kmart tomorrow also. Is there advertising on the table for the product? If not, maybe I’ll just use my own table even if they find my kit which is a big IF.

For those of you who did University Medical yesterday, did they have the product to sell? My WM did not. Doing it again Wednesday and hope this store has the product. Would love to know cost as that was the most common question I couldn’t answer.

How did the University Medical go?? Lots of people want to try it!? I do it on Thursday! Bummr you had none to sell! Kind of pointless to stand and talk about it for five hours!:sad2:

Well... for that series of events I had to purchase dog biscuits at the beginning & for the check out they up'd my amount to $1.00. So I'd either get 3 pigs ears for .99 or a small can of cat food.

This made me wonder if we could do this - pay 35 cents (or whatever) cash for something and then pay the rest under 75 cents with the MC card. I am having a harder and harder time finding even a candy bar or gum for under 75 cents at Kmarts.

Also, maybe for the pet thing, they will let us do a 75 cent donation - I know they have those cards to scan at $1, $5, $10 etc., maybe they can punch in 75 cents as a donation.

How did the University Medical go?? Lots of people want to try it!? I do it on Thursday! Bummr you had none to sell! Kind of pointless to stand and talk about it for five hours!:sad2:

Surprisingly, there was interest in the product. The cosmetic area is close to one of the entrance doors and they had the Halloween candy there so I had a “prime” spot. Most people saw my Stand Up sign and was curious about the product. I had these types of questions I could not answer. 1. How much does it cost? 2. When will they get it in? 3. Does it really work? 4. Why are you here when they don’t have the product? I’m guessing I had 20 people actually try the product on their hands. One person had a mild itchy reaction after applying the relaxer. If you don’t/didn’t have brochures like me to pass out, you might want to print a paper (multiple entries on one page you can cut apart) with the companies name and website already on it to give those interested - that’s what I’m doing for Wednesday. Saturday, I wrote it down on post-it-notes for those really interested. I’ll let you know Wednesday night how demo 2 of this went.

Usually. You have a black starter table. :confused: That’s new.

Possibly. We rarely know in advance. It’s a nice surprise in your check.:)

I had to drive 88 miles one way to this event- I left at 9:15 and got home at 5:30! Nothing is close to my home!
Driving 88 miles one way - wow. The farthest WM I’ll go to is 23 miles away and I only go there if there is appliance pay. With the cost of gas, wear & tear on the car, and my time, I figure that’s my limit.

Also, for a 5 hour demo you get one 15 minute break. No break for a four hour demo.

Well met yet TWO more MC people at "my" ST today and let me say--I was NOT impressed with either one. First one: wasn't set up until around 11:25 Ok--they had to find their product. Second one: didn't clock in until 11:20ish and then not on floor until close to noon---and doing crystal light--not like they had to cook to anything. Then at 4:10 they walked with me to the restroom--and their table out on the floor. And they took a call on their phone. Our ST didn't have anyone there like they usually do--neither one of them knew where the garbage went--number two told me they normally just leave it in the back--I reminded them that ST had NO ONE there to take it out for us like they normally do--said it wasn't their problem and it was only one little trash bag. UGG!!!!!! I feel like emailing Taylor and asking her if they vet these people at all!!!!!!! Also--around 1:30 number one comes up to me and says they are going on break and number two is breaking at 2:00. Now--they set their tables up next to each other in the aisle--I took the front door because I know ST likes someone there and my product was in the pharmacy anyway. But what is it---the noon person goes on break at 2:00? I went on break when it was a good time for me and my flow. I don't like to take breaks but my ST really requires it.

They keep hiring, it gets harder to book events and you show up and see people like this! Sheesh---are my "standards" just too high?????

Your standards are not too high. I wish more people had higher standards. The other demo companies employees are just as bad as the MC ones you described. Luckily, I don’t think the WM’s I go to pay much attention to us. I’d hate being lumped into the same category as the “slackers”. I really wish MC would do more audits to weed out some of the “dead wood”.

Thanks to those who gave me tips on what to buy at Petco. I’ll look around and see what I can find.

I’m doing Dove/Suave today and really like the tip to mark the tester bottles “sample”. I’ve got my Sharpie ready.

Surprisingly, there was interest in the product. The cosmetic area is close to one of the entrance doors and they had the Halloween candy there so I had a “prime” spot. Most people saw my Stand Up sign and was curious about the product. I had these types of questions I could not answer. 1. How much does it cost? 2. When will they get it in? 3. Does it really work? 4. Why are you here when they don’t have the product? I’m guessing I had 20 people actually try the product on their hands. One person had a mild itchy reaction after applying the relaxer. If you don’t/didn’t have brochures like me to pass out, you might want to print a paper (multiple entries on one page you can cut apart) with the companies name and website already on it to give those interested - that’s what I’m doing for Wednesday. Saturday, I wrote it down on post-it-notes for those really interested. I’ll let you know Wednesday night how demo 2 of this went.

My info says my kit has 200 brochures to hand out............uhhhh I'd say there are about 20 in there!:sad2:

It was only at our local product in an aisle display, not on the regular shelves. It did kind of work. The filler (step 2) is made of hyaluronic acid, which is actually the filler used in Restylane injections. I sold 3 and two Almay make-ups.

There was only one 5-day starter trial in my kit. I think the packers probably shorted me and took it home. sad. There were no brochures.

It was only at our local product in an aisle display, not on the regular shelves. It did kind of work. The filler (step 2) is made of hyaluronic acid, which is actually the filler used in Restylane injections. I sold 3 and two Almay make-ups.

There was only one 5-day starter trial in my kit. I think the packers probably shorted me and took it home. sad. There were no brochures.

There is one 5-day starter trial in my kit also. Then 3 jars of Facial Line Relaxer. So are these people just going to use the facial line relaxer like the easel card says and the little starter box will just be for looks?:confused3

There is one 5-day starter trial in my kit also. Then 3 jars of Facial Line Relaxer. So are these people just going to use the facial line relaxer like the easel card says and the little starter box will just be for looks?:confused3

I used the "filler" from the Starter Kit and there was plenty for my demo. I had decided I'd use it till it ran out then just do the relaxer like the directions on the back of the easel card said. You're lucky with even 20 brochures. I'm doing this again Wednesday for an off-date and once again NO brochures.

From what I can tell, everybody’s kit had the same product. It was the brochures that were either missing or very few.

Did the Dove & Suave lotions today. It was the longest 5 hour demo I’ve ever done. :sad2: The store was empty and I can’t imagine more than 15 people all day sampled the product. Somehow I managed to sell 4 bottles though. And for the table they supplied for this demo; it was so unstable. Once it tipped over on me and everything tumbled to the floor. It’s usually warm in Kmart and with the Lab coat on it was even more warm and I didn’t even button it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter