• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting for August Hours - All hours are up!!

Okay... but the question is if the park's normal hours are 9am - 9pm, can you enter the PARK at 10 or 11pm with your resort ID?

Yes, you can - we did exactly do that in February.
MK closed at midnight and had EMH until 3am. We arrived at 12.30am and got in with no problem!
They just check for your resort ID.

I have half my hours now. I have to wait till 5/18 to make the rest. The last ressie I was able to make was right before my LeCellier ressie. I sure hope I get it when I call back on 5/18. I'm also worried about my Fantasmic Dinner one. Keeping fingers crossed. It figures I had 4 days I wasn't even making ressies on my package due to being at IOA/US & SW.

I had that happen to me. We have a split stay and had planned on dining at Le Cellier on the August 7 but could only book July 31 to August 6 when i called. By the time I was able to call back for August 7 (mind you this is still 90+1 days out) the only times I could get were 4:30 or 8:45.

Wow, Dinsey has really cut back the summer hours...no more days of being in the parks until 2-3:00 AM!! And no late EMH at Animal Kingdom sucks!
I can't even imagine what October is going to look like :scared1:!

MK is open til 1AM on EMH night which I guess is better than 11pm or something.

And AK does have evening EMH every Monday. During evening EMH not much is open there anyways.

The hours are noticeably lighter for August especially the end of August. Last week of August has no evening EMH for AK at all and only one evening EMH per park per week. The parks also close pretty darn early! And not one single day of EMH at the waterparks last week of August.

Hey everyone,
Well I called yesterday with my split stay ressie and they let me book LeCellier. I got 6pm. I called today to add on the next day 8/19 and she wouldn't let me. I have Fantasmic dining package tomorrow - I bet I have problems. I'm not going to stress today and wait till tomorrow and try. Pray they let me book it. I think it depends on the person. The girl yesterday started to say no, but then I said I check in on 8/7 and she asked for my ressie number and then pulled it up and said let me look and booked it for me. The girl today wouldn't even pull up my ressie said no.

Seems silly to penalize someone who is staying for 18nights when someone who is staying 10 can book a day I can't even though I'm checking in on 8/7. So for example, someone checking in on 8/10 can call for ADR's tomorrow and book till 8/20.
I'm checking in on 8/7 - but I'd have to wait till 8/18 to book that date because I am arriving on 8/7.

I think they are taking the rule too literally. I always used to be able to do the 10 plus and call each day after the 10 to add on the extra. Never did I all the sudden have to wait for 180 days again.

Hey everyone,
Well I called yesterday with my split stay ressie and they let me book LeCellier. I got 6pm. I called today to add on the next day 8/19 and she wouldn't let me. I have Fantasmic dining package tomorrow - I bet I have problems. I'm not going to stress today and wait till tomorrow and try. Pray they let me book it. I think it depends on the person. The girl yesterday started to say no, but then I said I check in on 8/7 and she asked for my ressie number and then pulled it up and said let me look and booked it for me. The girl today wouldn't even pull up my ressie said no.

Seems silly to penalize someone who is staying for 18nights when someone who is staying 10 can book a day I can't even though I'm checking in on 8/7. So for example, someone checking in on 8/10 can call for ADR's tomorrow and book till 8/20.
I'm checking in on 8/7 - but I'd have to wait till 8/18 to book that date because I am arriving on 8/7.

I think they are taking the rule too literally. I always used to be able to do the 10 plus and call each day after the 10 to add on the extra. Never did I all the sudden have to wait for 180 days again.

Try calling again today to get a different CM? Or can you not?

The hours are noticeably lighter for August especially the end of August. Last week of August has no evening EMH for AK at all and only one evening EMH per park per week. The parks also close pretty darn early! And not one single day of EMH at the waterparks last week of August.

The CM and I were talking about this this morning. She said she can not imagine why the hours are being shortened when their call volumn for the last week has been INSANE! She said over the weekend it was back to back calls, one of her worst weekends. I had joked that I hoped alot of people moved their vacations out a week since free dining starts the day after we leave and she laughed and said it seems the week I am going seems to be one of the busiest! And here I thought I was going to get abit lighter crowds then June! ;)

Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for posting that you were able to call yesterday with a split stay.I tried my luck this morning and the 1st cm said can't be done past the 16th when I change reservations.So I called just now and got a different cm and was able to get my 17th-19th days reserved.Yea,only have the 20th left so I am going to try my luck again tomorrow.Try another cm and I bet you will get the 19th's reservation.Beats fighting the mob that will be calling on May 18th. :woohoo:

The CM and I were talking about this this morning. She said she can not imagine why the hours are being shortened when their call volumn for the last week has been INSANE! She said over the weekend it was back to back calls, one of her worst weekends. I had joked that I hoped alot of people moved their vacations out a week since free dining starts the day after we leave and she laughed and said it seems the week I am going seems to be one of the busiest! And here I thought I was going to get abit lighter crowds then June! ;)

Hey, our dates must be around the same time because we are also checking out the day before FD starts on the 15th.

I had some trouble getting all the ADR's I wanted for the times I wanted them. The worst trouble I had was getting the Fantasmic package. I called at 7am and had to wait 40 minutes to get through and they had nothing except brown derby left for August 6th.
Luckly I called after work and they must had a someone cancel because I was able to snag a ressie. Its not the time I really wanted but at least I have it booked for H&V.

I wonder if it will be crowded the week before FD for people who can't take there kids out of school(like me). My kids start school the wk we get back along with most schools in the mid -west

Oh I forgot to fill everyone in on my ADR's.
I'm not sure the exact times but all our around 5/6pm
I got:
8-5- crystal palace Dinner
8-6 Hollywood & Vine (fantasmic @ 3:55) Wanted 4:55
8-7- Tutto Italian
8-8- Chef mickey
8-9-Akersus(storybook dinner)
8-10-Liberty tree tavern
8-11-1900 park fare

We have a spilt stay till the 15th.So I decided to skip the DDP(since it will only be 3 days without TS)

I may cancel LTT because my older DD said she just doesn't go there for the food she wants Characters!

Hey, our dates must be around the same time because we are also checking out the day before FD starts on the 15th.

I had some trouble getting all the ADR's I wanted for the times I wanted them. The worst trouble I had was getting the Fantasmic package. I called at 7am and had to wait 40 minutes to get through and they had nothing except brown derby left for August 6th.
Luckly I called after work and they must had a someone cancel because I was able to snag a ressie. Its not the time I really wanted but at least I have it booked for H&V.

I wonder if it will be crowded the week before FD for people who can't take there kids out of school(like me). My kids start school the wk we get back along with most schools in the mid -west

You know, me and the CM also talked about that too. Alot of schools start back the week of the 10th, but alot more must be starting back the following weeks. I have a feeling it is going to be alot more crowded then I had planned. School here (our county atleast) does not start back till the last few days of Aug.

We also had trouble with the Fantasmic Package. We are booked for Brown Derby, but I am going to keep trying to get Mama Melrose... I think. We might end up sticking with BD. DH is telling me to call back and cancel it cause he doesn't like any of the sides and move up our 50s PTC dinner to a earlier time. And just wing it with Fantasmic. Ugh... I don't know what we are going to do.

Anyone try to use the itinerary on Disney's website? I keep getting locked up for a few days now. I wish it would work

Thank you so much for posting that you were able to call yesterday with a split stay.I tried my luck this morning and the 1st cm said can't be done past the 16th when I change reservations.So I called just now and got a different cm and was able to get my 17th-19th days reserved.Yea,only have the 20th left so I am going to try my luck again tomorrow.Try another cm and I bet you will get the 19th's reservation.Beats fighting the mob that will be calling on May 18th. :woohoo:

That's good to know. I'll try back tonight. I called 3 times this morning.

The first time I was on hold for 30 minutes - ( I called exactly at 7am) and I accidently hit disconnect on my cell phone :scared1: I almost died.

I had taken a shower with my speakerphone on and everything.

So I called back it said over 30 minutes. I laid it on the coffee table and went and blow dried my hair and was ready to leave and it was disconnected. I called back and it said 13 minutes. It takes 30 to get to work, so I waited. Then she told me no. I didn't have the stamina to wait, lol. I have some flexability with today's ressie as I'm at MK a few times during the week and could mix and match a few reservations. Tomorrow's is for Fantasmic. I don't have flexability for this one. And we know how hard these are to get. My best chance is first thing tomorrow. I swear I may use two cell phones and have my DS call too, just in case one says no.

Tomorrow if they say no - I'm going to ask for a supervisor and ask why I'm being penalized for staying 18 nights. Heck Disney is making a ton off me, why punish me for staying longer.

We will be visiting Disney 8/16-8/22 on the Free Dining Plan. We are staying at POR, haven't decided on asking for Mansion or Bayou side. Here are our plans can't make ADR's until 5/18. Sunday-Epcot and Princess Storybook then over to MK for EMH. Monday go to AK later in day since they have EMH late and have to QS one at Flame Tree unsure of other, Tuesday at MK breakfast at Chef Mickeys then Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern stay for Spectro. Wednesday Epcot and Garden Grill, Thursday Studios with the Fantasmic Package and Mam Melroses unsure as to what we will do Friday yet so we'll take suggestions. We have one QS and one TS left. We will leave early on Saturday, school starts for my oldest on Monday. We want to fit BBB in there somewhere for my DD4. First visit with DDP and onsite. :scared:

I got a phone call today in regards to my e-mail and the August hours, telling me that they were up. She seemed to place the blame on the website and hoped I was able to make my ADR's. I wish I could have talked to them in person, but I thought the call was a nice response since I didn't even give my number on the e-mail I sent.

We will be visiting Disney 8/16-8/22 on the Free Dining Plan. We are staying at POR, haven't decided on asking for Mansion or Bayou side. Here are our plans can't make ADR's until 5/18. Sunday-Epcot and Princess Storybook then over to MK for EMH. Monday go to AK later in day since they have EMH late and have to QS one at Flame Tree unsure of other, Tuesday at MK breakfast at Chef Mickeys then Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern stay for Spectro. Wednesday Epcot and Garden Grill, Thursday Studios with the Fantasmic Package and Mam Melroses unsure as to what we will do Friday yet so we'll take suggestions. We have one QS and one TS left. We will leave early on Saturday, school starts for my oldest on Monday. We want to fit BBB in there somewhere for my DD4. First visit with DDP and onsite. :scared:

Just wondering - what is the earliest ressie you can get for the Princess breakfast?

I just happen to see your post and thought your plans look good. My only suggestion would be to have a back up date/plan for the fantasmic package. I called at 7am last wk at my 90 day mark and could not get the fantamic package for the date I wanted. I didn't have a back up date.(there was nothing left that day at all) Luckly I tried after work that day and one had opened up, its not the ideal time that I wanted but at least I have one made. I have been trying everyday since last wk to see if any other times have opened up and there hasn't been any. I would hate to see this happen to others.
HTH

So far I've been able to add all extra days of dining (only 4 more days to go). I was also able to get Fantasmic Dinner on 8/20 at 5pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter