• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting for August Hours - All hours are up!!

Just this morning I was looking at the spreadsheet that my DH and I had created the night before with the estimated muppetfamily touring plans and my DS14 looked over my shoulder and said with a horrified expression, "What does it mean sleep in on Friday? We can't do that it's Disney World!"

Awesome! We're the same way! Last trip in 2007, we stayed 16 days. We left early for a flight the first morning, followed by 5 straight mornings of rope drops, surfing at Typhoon Lagoon the next day (be there at 5:45am), and then another rope drop before our first "sleep in" day. I still had 2 of the 3 teens up by 7:30 wondering what we were going to do now!

They were up a bit later that trip (especially since the oldest had a GF in a different time zone!), but I do have pics/videos with the time stamp on them from earlier trip with everyone in bed and asleep by about 7:30pm. We did the same thing - up early, run hard, and sleep early! Going with DS 16 only this trip and we plan to do the same thing. All rope drops, no evening shows, go straight through. And I won't be surprised if we're asleep by 8:30 or 9!

I had children who couldn't sleep in either! They got up with the sun or before the sun always....I spent the first 10 years of motherhood feeling sleep deprived. "What does it mean sleep in on Friday? We can't do that it's Disney World!"

You know your child better than anyone. If she gets up take advantage of it. If she needs to go to bed early then plan to go back to the room early. Have fun!

Ah Ha ha ha! That is so funny! My 3 are the exact same...unless it's Sunday and they have to get ready for church!
:rotfl:

Does anyone know how much a cab would be from one resort to another? I've never thought about taking a cab while remaining on property.

We never paid more than $20 from Pop to any resort (including tip). Most expensive was to Grand Floridian. It is SOOOO worth it when you're worried about making an ADR. They can get you there in no time with no wait (usually a cab waiting out front at most resorts).

But the cab idea would be so much quicker and we could actually sleep later! :banana: Does anyone know how much a cab would be from one resort to another? I've never thought about taking a cab while remaining on property.

We took a cab from AS Music to SSR in 2007 when we switched resorts. I think the cab was around 15...we gave him 20 as we had luggage that he helped us with too.

Yeah! I'm so glad the DIS has their hours calendar up now. It is SO much better than disney's! Printing it now to put in my passporter!:cool1:

We have our ADRs now!!!! I planned to take my Mom out to dinner tonight as her Mother's Day gift, since she works Sunday. Well, she surprised me instead!! She sent me in to get our seats and while she got my 2.5 yr old son out of the car. He carried in a gift bag with a Nemo ColorWonder set (stress free coloring for the trip), Mickey and Me magazine, Nemo dvd, and a Minnie Mother's Day card. She wrote inside "Momma, Will U go with me on a date? How 'bout Chef Mickey on August 3rd at 8:40? And I wanna take you to the Rainforest at 8 PM on Aug 5th. Ok? I wub u!" I figured we would call tomorrow morning together, but she did it today. She only waited about 10 minutes, before she got to talk to someone. I am so excited now, even more than than before. I'm not sure what my cousin's schedule is for the week, so we still don't know what parks we will be and when. We are hoping she be able to join us at Rainforest Cafe. We only have a reservation for 3, but it shouldn't be a problem adding an extra there if she can go.:cool1:

We have our ADRs now!!!! I planned to take my Mom out to dinner tonight as her Mother's Day gift, since she works Sunday. Well, she surprised me instead!! She sent me in to get our seats and while she got my 2.5 yr old son out of the car. He carried in a gift bag with a Nemo ColorWonder set (stress free coloring for the trip), Mickey and Me magazine, Nemo dvd, and a Minnie Mother's Day card. She wrote inside "Momma, Will U go with me on a date? How 'bout Chef Mickey on August 3rd at 8:40? And I wanna take you to the Rainforest at 8 PM on Aug 5th. Ok? I wub u!" I figured we would call tomorrow morning together, but she did it today. She only waited about 10 minutes, before she got to talk to someone. I am so excited now, even more than than before. I'm not sure what my cousin's schedule is for the week, so we still don't know what parks we will be and when. We are hoping she be able to join us at Rainforest Cafe. We only have a reservation for 3, but it shouldn't be a problem adding an extra there if she can go.:cool1:

Woohoo! That's so exciting, and what a great gift. :woohoo: I bet you guys are going to have fun!

DIS hours page:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/aug09.cfm?requesttimeout=1000

I'm glad it's up too--so much more convenient than the one on the Disney site!

I agree it's more convenient but I need to be able to trust all of the times and I don't think it's 100% accurate. It has Fantasmic on Aug 29th at 8:30 even though WDW site doesn't and the park hours are only until 7:00 that night. It is mostly right but I had to double-check some things like that.

I have half my hours now. I have to wait till 5/18 to make the rest. The last ressie I was able to make was right before my LeCellier ressie. I sure hope I get it when I call back on 5/18. I'm also worried about my Fantasmic Dinner one. Keeping fingers crossed. It figures I had 4 days I wasn't even making ressies on my package due to being at IOA/US & SW.

glad you got what you wanted,hoping you get the rest you want on the 18,I call tomorrow :eek:

I have half my hours now. I have to wait till 5/18 to make the rest. The last ressie I was able to make was right before my LeCellier ressie. I sure hope I get it when I call back on 5/18. I'm also worried about my Fantasmic Dinner one. Keeping fingers crossed. It figures I had 4 days I wasn't even making ressies on my package due to being at IOA/US & SW.

I'm confused :confused3 I thought that if I made reservations for the first 10 days on May 24th, then I could make reservations for day 11 on May 25th, day 12 on May 26th, etc. Is that not the case? Do I have to wait 10 days to make reservations for days 11 - 14? :scared1: That would stink!

I would have guessed the same thing, but wouldn't know for sure. I'd certainly be trying every day just in case I got a CM who would let me!

Wow, Dinsey has really cut back the summer hours...no more days of being in the parks until 2-3:00 AM!! And no late EMH at Animal Kingdom sucks!
I can't even imagine what October is going to look like :scared1:!

I know that in the past you had to be in the park before it "officially" closed to be able to stay for extra magic hours (they gave you a braclet). How does it work now that they aren't giving out the bracelets? Can you come an go or do you still have to be there prior.

thanks

I"m curious to know about when they stop letting people into the park for the evening extra magic hours too.

Me too. I have found threads on this that say you can enter ANYTIME even after official park closing hours but they are dated 2006 so a more recently confirmed answer would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter