VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Sad about the last part Jimmy. I always thought Splash had a wonderful theme. And I'll stop there with the rest of my thoughts. I'm not positive on its closing date but was thinking we'll also be able to have a last ride on it before the end of the month.

Sad about the last part Jimmy. I always thought Splash had a wonderful theme. And I'll stop there with the rest of my thoughts. I'm not positive on its closing date but was thinking we'll also be able to have a last ride on it before the end of the month.
Im in the category of the theming part too. Its cute, and I love the characters, always have, always will. I understand to a degree the sensitive nature, but in the end, its just a fun ride. I hope Tiana and her friends keep the whimsy of it all going.

We ate at 2 new places for us this trip, Art Smiths and Space 220. My thoughts on both, Arts is good, not great as I thought it would be. The service was tops, the food, good, not wow factor as I thought it might be. Servings were huge and seriously, 3 could split a plate, even the kid portions are massive. Space 220, theming was great, that was about it. Way overpriced IMO, though the desserts were good, but not $80 per person good.
I will stick to my ol faves like 50s :teeth:

We ate at 2 new places for us this trip, Art Smiths and Space 220. My thoughts on both, Arts is good, not great as I thought it would be. The service was tops, the food, good, not wow factor as I thought it might be. Servings were huge and seriously, 3 could split a plate, even the kid portions are massive. Space 220, theming was great, that was about it. Way overpriced IMO, though the desserts were good, but not $80 per person good.
We did Space 220 our last trip. It was kind of cool but we didn't have the best table. All the way down front and all the way to the side. Kind of disappointing. The food was ok but not worth the price. I got the chicken and gotta say the sauce was amazing. The chicken itself though meh. One half of it was really good and the other half I can't even say what it was. Looked like the giblets. Can't remember what my daughter had but she wasn't wowed. She did love the cauliflower though. Still glad we tried it but probably a once and done unless we just do the lounge.

I am loving all the photos (THANK YOU!) and it's seriously giving me all the feels. We have 20 days to go, and we haven't been since 2018!! Previously we had been going every year. I'm a little wary of all of the changes since 2018, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. We are also going on the Wish, so that will help, I think!

Well hush my mouth!! We had an impromptu meet with in the hallway at BLT. Me being the guy now who recognizes no one unless they are a celebrity these days, ran into a celebrity in the hallway, the one, the only, TCraig!! We had just come from cashing out for our trip home, and lo and behold, there they are. Thanks so much for saying hello and allowing us some time to say hello, TCraig! So cool seeing fellow groupies along the way :)

Never been a huge fan of Art Smith's, either. Too much grease and butter (and I enjoy some of both), and the tastes while solid, aren't any better than a decent diner. Yes, things look prettier, but that doesn't translate to actually being better.

I preferred Space220 to Art Smith's. The theming at Space 220, and we loved the food. I have been trying to get a lounge reservation, even at 60+6 days, last few trips, and nothing. I was unimpressed with the Art Smith's chicken, I had heard great things. (we like Olivia's better)

I feel bad that I cant say good things about Space 220 or Art Smiths, but its my opinion only. I know others may like these places, and I didnt say these things to deter others from trying them. I guess its not fair that I find myself comparing the foods to other places back home, or to Tammys cooking. Its like Nine Dragons, we have always liked it, yet others bash it. But we are from a small area in NC, the closet thing we can compare it too is PF Changs, and IMO, 9 D is way better. But if you are from NYC, there is probably a good chines eatery on every other corner, so maybe no comparison. Its sort like a to each his own kinda thing.

I feel bad that I cant say good things about Space 220 or Art Smiths, but its my opinion only. I know others may like these places, and I didnt say these things to deter others from trying them. I guess its not fair that I find myself comparing the foods to other places back home, or to Tammys cooking. Its like Nine Dragons, we have always liked it, yet others bash it. But we are from a small area in NC, the closet thing we can compare it too is PF Changs, and IMO, 9 D is way better. But if you are from NYC, there is probably a good chines eatery on every other corner, so maybe no comparison. Its sort like a to each his own kinda thing.
Honestly I tend to not compare them to non Disney restaurants mainly because we don't eat out very often lol. When we do it's usually nothing fancy. Maybe Cracker Barrel or Red Robin.

Pat
We did Sci Fi once and were OK with it. But in its defense, we had traveled all day, so we shouldn't have hit a park that soon. SO being worn down is not a fair way to judge it. Our go to at HS has always been 50s. Simple food but tasty for the most part

Anyone here remember when Disney used to leave the newspaper at your door, complimentary? This was back in the 70s and 80s as I camped with my parents in Ft. Wilderness, but I also distinctly recall my first trip to Jambo DVC with my kids, I was astounded that they still had the Orlando paper out in the sitting/viewing areas between rooms for free.

We're mostly digital these days, but it would be nice if they were still there for nostalgia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter