VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

With all the complaints you will hear from me about the state of affairs Disney is currently in, so far, being here, I have found the magical touches that make WDW still magical. And that’s what makes it worth spending the money, spending time with family and friends and just soaking in what Walt wanted us to experience.

View attachment 710611
2 moments that happened in a span of 1.5 hours
My Grandson Rafe was asking his maw maw Tammy what was up in the next car in front of us. She told him that’s where the driver sat. The mono No rail driver overheard him and asked if he would like to see where he works and Rafe got to sit in his seat. Before Rafe left the driver said one more thing, push that button, Rafe did and the big ol horn went off! Wow that was cool and loud, I jumped as I didn’t expect that.
View attachment 710611View attachment 710610View attachment 710611View attachment 710610
This one is even more touching and I was holding back the tears, even as I write this, I tear up. This young man, who was with his mom or grandma, was watching the piano player at GF and Rafe wanted to watch too.
The young man I assume couldn’t speak so he was writing on a tablet and I couldn’t help but see his words as they were very big. He wrote something like this…the piano player is playing a song I requested and he is singing, just for me…

Folks, the CMs are keeping the magic alive, in the midst of all the turmoil, they are keeping it alive. Sometimes I just have to know it’s there and see it for myself
Wonderful moments there! I see so many people complain and say the magic is no longer there but it is so not true!!! The magic is still there. You just won't see it if you have a negative attitude because then all you will see is negative. You will miss out on beautiful and magical moments like these. Thank you for posting this.

We went to MK today and did a LOT. All in all, we did 13 attractions, ate twice, saw parade and castle show. Rafe loved the Barnstormer which really surprised us. So that gives us hope that he will be ready for BTMRR and maybe another rollercoaster or 2, we shall see.

Y'all know me, celebrity sightings and such. Saw Roy Williams, former UNC head Bball coach at GF last night, and not sure if y'all watch Chicago Fire, but saw the lady who plays Sylvie Brett, a paramedic, at MK today, as well.

And my last celeb sighting happened tonight when Kenny Barber, former TL waiter met us along with his friend Ed at The Outer Rim. It was great seeing him and Ed and catching up.

Love this and listen to it all the time. Thought I'd share in case anyone needs a little Lodge feeling right now.
The theme from The Big Country is, in my opinion, the best movie western theme song of all time (with The Magnificent Seven a close second). You can't help but close your eyes and imagine endless grasslands, majestic mountain ranges, and mile-deep canyons cut across the landscape. Thank you Jerome Moross.

Last edited:
The theme from The Big Country is, in my opinion, the best western theme song of all time (with The Magnificent Seven a close second). You can't help but close your eyes and imagine endless grasslands, majestic mountain ranges, and mile-deep canyons cut across the landscape. Thank you Jerome Moross.
It is amazing. And having Kunzel as the conductor makes it even better yet.

I too love the WL music. Back in the day I made several CDs from music I had purchased and shared with a few groupies. Nowadays, with music being at your fingertips, not much need for CDs and such anymore. I listen at work on Spotify, though, a few of the songs I cant say I have. ever heard there before. But I love The Magnificent Seven theme, and cant really say I have a favorite among all the songs they play there.

Just returned from TOTWL and will reserve thoughts before a few others who have been fans of the place to chime in. I will say we will go back, it’s the same and different all at the same time. Doesn’t make sense I know but again, will let you folks judge for yourselves
AB5E11F3-BEB9-48D1-8350-F4809B59545D.jpegCE613082-1B64-4975-8EFC-238F028E59B2.jpeg48C7D8C4-2B90-40D6-BDE1-AF1B5D74508D.jpeg0784D519-77D9-4A0A-B3D6-857AFD0A638C.jpeg

I too love the WL music. Back in the day I made several CDs from music I had purchased and shared with a few groupies. Nowadays, with music being at your fingertips, not much need for CDs and such anymore. I listen at work on Spotify, though, a few of the songs I cant say I have. ever heard there before. But I love The Magnificent Seven theme, and cant really say I have a favorite among all the songs they play there.
I remember you making those cd's! TOTWL looks fun but sadly not somewhere I can go. Miss those perks of being an owner.

I thought I heard Disney was upcharging to go into the Top of the World now. Sort of a meet & greet villains fireworks party.
Or was that just a temporary, one time thing?

It's hard to say anything about what it looks like now, the main elements of chandelier and glass monorail mural behind the bar are still the same (thankfully) and I'm sure the service is still just as good. Otherwise, I saw they removed the high top tables (no loss, I hated those) and added a bunch of villain props/artwork.

I'm curious for the owners how Disney renting out that space as an upcharge party works. Does the income offset dues?

I thought I heard Disney was upcharging to go into the Top of the World now. Sort of a meet & greet villains fireworks party.
Or was that just a temporary, one time thing?
Thats on certain evenings, though we saw some folks who had a reserve on their table, and Tammy's hearing being better than mine, overheard the waitress tell some folks who did this, they will receive 1 drink, one app and one dessert each and special spot for fireworks. We did not pay additional to be there. Now, you go to a podium near the elevators, state your desire to go up, they then text you. We went up around 6:45 and got seated, you aren't supposed to just seat yourself anymore, that's one change. Another change is menu, drinks geared towards villains. Apps have changed too and looked good.

Here are my takeaways...it seems a bit more stiff, less relaxed and the staff isn't the same as before. There, I said it:teeth:
With that, the vibe with the villains is cool, but not overbearing. One waitress was on her game, dressed for the part, tending tables and making her own drinks. The bartender seemed overwhelmed, even when they weren't busy, which BTW, if you want to see fireworks up there, go early. They do have outside seating that I dont remember before, so you can up, order at bar and sit outside. It was nice outside last night and in the end, would have been more appealing for our tastes.

Please, everyone, dont let my words or possible negativity affect you trying it out. Im interested to hear everyones take. I think the days of a big groupie meet might be over there, which makes me sad. Unless something changes and they go back to the ol days when we just showed up.

I'm curious for the owners how Disney renting out that space as an upcharge party works. Does the income offset dues?
The legal papers for the BLT Condominium Association carve out that space as Commercial Space, just like restaurants, lounges, gift shops, etc., in other DVC resorts (e.g., Topolino’s). Essentially, that space belongs to Disney to do with as they please. The fact that it’s now restricted to owners eligible for Membership Extras indicates that DVD is supporting it in some way via its marketing budget. Owner dues do not go to support it, nor do owners have a claim to any profits from TOTWL.

The legal papers for the BLT Condominium Association carve out that space as Commercial Space, just like restaurants, lounges, gift shops, etc., in other DVC resorts (e.g., Topolino’s). Essentially, that space belongs to Disney to do with as they please. The fact that it’s now restricted to owners eligible for Membership Extras indicates that DVD is supporting it in some way via its marketing budget. Owner dues do not go to support it, nor do owners have a claim to any profits from TOTWL.
Interesting. Thanks Carolyn!

44B08BD6-FC15-4304-921C-F4DC555CC8AB.jpeg4BA4FF30-C834-40FE-B5C8-67E871EA2CE6.jpeg2AAA5579-422C-42B6-81DA-CCA7B2355530.jpeg
As you can see, we went to AK yesterday, caught the Lion King show and got to do several things with GP, including Everest, Safaris, Dino, etc. Our friend Kenny Barber(some of you may remember him from TL days as a waiter)sitting far right with glasses on alongside his nephew Ayden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter