Universal FAQ's

I've already been told that I 'should' be able to upgrade my 1 day/2parks pass up to an AP. Do I just do that at the ticket booth when we arrive in August???
Either at the ticket window or Guest Services can do that for you. You might want to go to GS since the may not be as long.

Either at the ticket window or Guest Services can do that for you. You might want to go to GS since the may not be as long.
Is GS inside the park? Oops, the answer is right above me.
Thanks.

I didn't see the answer to this yet, and I can't find it on the Universal site. What time do the parking lots open? Do they open two hours before the park opens, one hour, etc etc?

We're going in August and want to hit the Harry Potter section, therefore want to line up maybe an hour before the gates open :). Though - we're staying near the Convention Center. Would you suggest using the Lynx bus to get there instead?

I didn't see the answer to this yet, and I can't find it on the Universal site. What time do the parking lots open? Do they open two hours before the park opens, one hour, etc etc?

We're going in August and want to hit the Harry Potter section, therefore want to line up maybe an hour before the gates open :). Though - we're staying near the Convention Center. Would you suggest using the Lynx bus to get there instead?
I'm pretty sure the parking garage opens at around 8AM.

I've seen it open as much as two hours before the park opens, depending on the time of year. I'm going to say that it's pretty safe to think it will be open an hour and a half before opening all summer. The park also tends to open half hour early on days where there are large crowds gathering, though I doubt wwohp will be open.
For the bus...yeah, take it to avoid the 15 dollar parking fee.

Is there some kind of program like Ridemax available to help you make your touring plans? I know this sounds insane, but I'd really like to just see WWOHP and a few rides, like Spiderman, the Mummy, Men in Black------and just spend about 3/4 of a day there early next June.......probably won't work, right???LOL

Is there some kind of program like Ridemax available to help you make your touring plans? I know this sounds insane, but I'd really like to just see WWOHP and a few rides, like Spiderman, the Mummy, Men in Black------and just spend about 3/4 of a day there early next June.......probably won't work, right???LOL
Most people don't have a touring plan since it's only two parks and everything is pretty close to each other. You could probably do what you want to do if you purchase the Express Plus pass and the two park ticket. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Hello everyone, new here. I looked thru the Universal FAQ's but could not find anything on early entry to Universal studios if staying on site. I know IOA offers early entry for WWOHP but does US offer early entry? If so, which rides are running that early? Thanks!

Also, this is our first trip to Universal... so excited!!:banana:

Hello everyone, new here. I looked thru the Universal FAQ's but could not find anything on early entry to Universal studios if staying on site. I know IOA offers early entry for WWOHP but does US offer early entry? If so, which rides are running that early? Thanks!

Also, this is our first trip to Universal... so excited!!:banana:

Yes, they do for 1/2 hour I think --- may be longer in the summer. You can ride Shrek, Rip Ride Rockit and Mummy I think. It varies.

It looks like the HHN are just at the Universal Studios this year so from past experiences does that mean IOA will be jam packed those nights since it is the only one open?

It looks like the HHN are just at the Universal Studios this year so from past experiences does that mean IOA will be jam packed those nights since it is the only one open?
IOA will be crowded on those nights but I wouldn't say jam packed. Doing the rides at IOA in the dark is a blast!

We are planning on staying onsite the night prior to going to WWoHP. Will we be able to have FOTL passes for the park and early entry even if we check out that day? Thanks!

Read the first post about kids menus at CityWalk but do have a question about what age is considered kids. With Disney it's 3-9, what are the Universal restaurants? Are the meals served at the parks and CityWalk big enough to split between two adults?

Planned on going to Universal next year but with a 2012 Disney Cruise being planned we're not sure about the money. Looking for ways to save.

Read the first post about kids menus at CityWalk but do have a question about what age is considered kids. With Disney it's 3-9, what are the Universal restaurants? Are the meals served at the parks and CityWalk big enough to split between two adults?

Planned on going to Universal next year but with a 2012 Disney Cruise being planned we're not sure about the money. Looking for ways to save.
Yes...you will often have enough food to split an adult meal especially if you get something like ribs or chicken. I believe the ages are the same at Universal as they are at Disney.

We have a group of 7 that are going on this trip and 2 of the group want to go to Universal to see Harry Potter. They are not wanting to leave the group for a whole day but thought they could do the Harry Potter attraction in an afternoon or evening. What time frame should they be looking at? Thanks!

We have a group of 7 that are going on this trip and 2 of the group want to go to Universal to see Harry Potter. They are not wanting to leave the group for a whole day but thought they could do the Harry Potter attraction in an afternoon or evening. What time frame should they be looking at? Thanks!
I guess it would depend on when you're going and what time the parks close. Right they close at 10pm but soon the hours will start to be cut back for fall. I've heard it's better in the afternoon and evening at least for now.

I have a question - it's probably not frequently-asked, though. In multiple guidebooks I have from when Mummy was new, they always said "a skeletal warrior hops on your car". What's that? Why doesn't it happen?

The skeletons on the car are on the Mummy ride at Universal Hollywood but not Orlando. Orlando's Mummy ride is longer and more intense than the Mummy ride at Hollywood though.

Sorry if this has been asked. I could not find it in any posts. BIL is flying from CA to join us for WDW/USFL vaca. He has a USH AP. Can he use this at USFL/IOA? For admission or AP discounts (if any)? No biggie if not, just wonderin...

TIA:flower3:

No, the Hollywood AP can't be used for admission, discounts, or for free parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter