Universal FAQ's

Okay peeps, I have to admit...I have NOT been doing my "Type A" research for our trip in Sept. I have read through this entire FAQ thread and still have some questions. (We are also doing Seaworld, so I threw that in as well, just in case!)

Here is a little background first:

*It will be 4 adults (me38, DH38, MIL56, FIL58) and DD3 1/2.

*We will have all day Thurs., Fri. and Sat. for the parks. We go home on Sunday. (Second week in Sept., btw)

*We are staying offsite. DH is actually in town for a business conference. The rest of us are just tagging along for fun! :goodvibes

So, here are my questions:

1. One park or both parks at Universal? If both, one day or two?

2. If one day at Universal, should we do two days at Seaworld or stick to one there as well? (We are NOT doing Aquatica or Discovery Cove)

3. Should I be making dining reservations at any of these parks? If so, where?

4. What are the 'DO NOT MISS' things for these parks. (Gimme the short list.)

5. Is there anything I should know about any of these places that will make our trip more pleasant that I won't find on the parks websites, etc.

6. Is there a certain order that we should do the parks in? (i.e., Seaworld first, etc.)

7. Do they ship mdse. from their stores like Disney? I don't plan on buying a lot, but DD LOVES Uniqua (from the Backyardigans), so if they had stuff suitable for C-mas, I would consider it if the shipping option is available.

8. What are the Single/Double Kiddies? I am assuming they are somehow different than strollers since they are listed separately on their website. Anyone have pictures?

Okay, that's all for now. Sorry if anything I asked is redundant...sometimes answers may vary according to time of year, size/age of group, etc., and I just wanted to make sure I am making the best decisions for our family.

Thanks in advance for your assistance! :flower3:

1. One park or both parks at Universal? If both, one day or two?

Definitely both parks. I'd spend one day at Universal and one day at islands of Adventure. (Thursday and Friday)

2. If one day at Universal, should we do two days at Seaworld or stick to one there as well?

I've always been able to do Seaworld in a day.

3. Should I be making dining reservations at any of these parks? If so, where?

You can do reservation the day of your visit by stopping at the dining cart at either park or Citywalk. No need to make them earlier than that.

4. What are the 'DO NOT MISS' things for these parks. (Gimme the short list.)

Everyone has different preferences but I'll give you my must do list:
The Simpsons, Men in Black, Revenge of the Mummy, Shrek, Spiderman, Popeye's and Blutos's (if I feel like a water ride), Jurassic Park River Adventure, Cat in the Hat, and one or both coasters: Hulk and Dueling Dragons, and Horror Make up Show.

For your child: All of the rides in Seuss Landing,and everything in Kid Zone, Animal Actors, Barney, Jimmy Neutron, and ET. You can do child swap on the adult rides.

5. Is there anything I should know about any of these places that will make our trip more pleasant that I won't find on the parks websites, etc.

You don't have to go commando. Take your time and enjoy the themeing. Be there at park opening. That means arriving at the parking lot by 8:30 AM at the latest. It is not unusual for one or both parks to open early. Take time to meet the Nick characters like Dora the Explorer and the Seuss characters.

6. Is there a certain order that we should do the parks in? (i.e., Seaworld first, etc.)

I'd do IoA on Thursday, Universal Studios on Friday, and Seaworld on Saturday.

7. Do they ship mdse. from their stores like Disney? I don't plan on buying a lot, but DD LOVES Uniqua (from the Backyardigans), so if they had stuff suitable for C-mas, I would consider it if the shipping option is available.

Yes, they do but it isn't free. You can also purchase items and have them sent to the front to pick up on your way out at the end of the day. (That is free.)

8. What are the Single/Double Kiddies? I am assuming they are somehow different than strollers since they are listed separately on their website. Anyone have pictures?

I don't have pictures but there are double and single strollers with a canopy on top. A few of the double strollers have car steering wheels and some are plain.

Thanks in advance for your assistance! :flower3:

Glad to help.

This is our first time going to Universal Orlando and we have a few questions:
1) My DH is 6'2 and is a big man XL will he have any problems fitting into the rides? I'm the opposite- short and wide- (size 18) Will I have a problem fitting into the rides?? Last year at WDW there were no troubles, but with a different park I'm a little bit worried. :guilty:
2) We're going during the March Break- do you suggest getting an express pass??
3) Do you recommend the $24.95 all you can eat day??

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! :)

for # 1 and 2, i suggest reading some of the threads already in the forum.
metro posted pics of the seats that are out front for people to try to see if they fit in them.

if you can't find the threads, send me a pm and i will try to link them to you.

for #3, i only do the one park/universal/ for the meal deal.
i like 2 places there a lot and gorge myself at them all day long.

and, i only do the meal deal if i am going to be at the park for 4 full days.

it's a personal preference on the meal deal.
i'm usually out voted if it is considered wise choice to make for food plans.

i do louies for the pizza and salads and meatball sandwiches
and i do IFFF for the chinese and fried chicken and salad on their menu.

My family of five are going to Universal ioa in August. I am planning on buying express passes. We have 3 adults 2 kids. I know my little ones will not go on the big coasters. Is it possible to use their passes so we can go on the coasters a second time without waiting?

Yes, you can use your children's express passes if they are not using them on the coasters.

Do Universal/IOA offer delivery of ride pictures and merchandise to your resort room like Disney does?

Did a quick search but couldn`t find anything. I`m sure someone actually told me this ....................... but I forget the answer :confused3:confused3

Do Universal/IOA offer delivery of ride pictures and merchandise to your resort room like Disney does?

Did a quick search but couldn`t find anything. I`m sure someone actually told me this ....................... but I forget the answer :confused3:confused3

yes they do and it's better than the motherland style.
at the motherland, most purchases are sent to the gift shop of the resort you are staying at. for universal, your purchases are delivered directly to your room.

if you stay on site, you can have your purchases delivered directly to your room. The TM at the shop will do the paper work for it.
it will be delivered by the next day if you shop late in the day.

if you want it that day, or if you are staying off site, any purchase you make can be set up to be sent to the front of the park store and held for you.

anyone can have their purchases held up front and picked up when they leave.
you do have to give it a bit of time so don't shop an hour before the park closes and expect it to be up front at park closing time.

Hi
I would like to take my family to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure next year i have an autistic child and wonder if they do the equivalent to Disneys GAC he is 12 years old

The people at Guest Services will be glad to accommodate your needs. Just let them know your child has autism. The passes are called GAPs (Guest Assistance Passes).

I see in the FAQs you can get an express pass for HHNs.. but it's not free. Just to clarify, does that mean if you stay onsite that your FOTL pass will NOT be valid during HHNs?

I see in the FAQs you can get an express pass for HHNs.. but it's not free. Just to clarify, does that mean if you stay onsite that your FOTL pass will NOT be valid during HHNs?
Exactly right. You have to pay extra for expres during HHN. Your room key works during the day, at night...out of luck.

Ok I have now read through the whole thread.... Pheew! Question about the Express pass I believe I read early in this thread that the line at the main gate gets busy with people purchaseing these passes Is there alternate locations to purchase these and if so where? This will be our first trip to the "darkside" :) going this Dec just for a day However I am contiplating two?? I don't know if one day will be enough time with the new WWOHP opening up. Just me and my man we have left all the children behind.... Oh and doesn anyone know how long it takes to travel from Disneyworld with Mears to Universal? Is there a meeting location where Mears picks up or will the Pick up from our DW Resort?

Ok I have now read through the whole thread.... Pheew! Question about the Express pass I believe I read early in this thread that the line at the main gate gets busy with people purchaseing these passes Is there alternate locations to purchase these and if so where? This will be our first trip to the "darkside" :) going this Dec just for a day However I am contiplating two?? I don't know if one day will be enough time with the new WWOHP opening up. Just me and my man we have left all the children behind.... Oh and doesn anyone know how long it takes to travel from Disneyworld with Mears to Universal? Is there a meeting location where Mears picks up or will the Pick up from our DW Resort?

It should be appx 20min between the two...or longer with traffic.

You can purchase Exp Pass Plus at other locations in the park.

So....we have the 2 park/1 day, plus transportation deal...dd and I are heading over for a day in August. Now, we've added an Orlando trip next April (14-24) and will be spending 2 days at US/IoA before our cruise. Just yesterday a friend suggested that we spend a day at US/IoA when we're at WDW this coming Dec. Can you see where I'm going here???
I've already been told that I 'should' be able to upgrade my 1 day/2parks pass up to an AP. Do I just do that at the ticket booth when we arrive in August???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter