• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Ah that second day of May, and it’s a thirsty kinda day. May have record breaking high temp today. Bring that warm weather on.

Was odd, went to bed at my usual time, but for some reason, was awake an hour before my alarm went off. Decided hot shower and put a load of wash on. Then, yay, one of the fastest commutes I have had. No one coming in but me, then a quick parking in my favorite spot, but with laptop acting a bit wonky, but seems to be working okay with what I am doing, so I guess it’s just grumpy.

56 degrees out now, but it feels muggy, and another yay, full day of sunshine we should have. Woot! 86 degrees this late afternoon. Ah, so nice weather before that 20 degree dip rainy weekend.

And we are a Thursday, that week day we use a drink to salute the fact, that the day after is a Friday. And this Friday, lazy one for me and older one. Woot! Son and mom maybe lunch out. Taco Bell maybe.

Nose is getting better, though still brought drugs with me. Am glad a longer weekend for me. Blowing nose all day was exhausting.

But time for more tea from that happily still full enough water bottle. Feels good to hold the hotter feeling cup. Office feels a bit too cool, so have sweater jacket on.

Thirsty Thursday today. Good to stay hydrated in that most of us having warmer weather. Hope all have a Terrific Thirsty Thursday.

IMG_5045.jpeg
It’s summer weather here again today, hooray! Mid 80’s and sunshine all day.

This evening invited to the ‘lil ones middle school academic banquet. She’s speaking twice, as the class president and a speaker later. I admire everyone who can get up in front of a crowd and comfortably speak, I’ll never be comfortable in that situation. I run on stress :)

a good day to all!

Good Thursday morning everyone :wave2:
IMG_3260.jpeg

IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_3262.jpeg

IMG_3261.jpeg

Robo, hope all goes with removal. Sending prayer, that is the only the found on you. Ack, to storm knocking out doorbell and furnace panel. Scary. Lightning is not fun when it hits your home. Closest I saw, was one strike hit the corner of my parent’s house’s garage. Knocked a small piece of it off. Glad you were not hurt. And things can be replaced. We are to be stormy tomorrow night.
Thank you Lynne.

So far the electric panel was fixed on Tuesday for the heater. The door bell chimes are over 30 years old and that is proving harder to fix.

That seems to be “the” way to go for many. As i understand can really be precise. Being educated about it always helps to soothe me when I have something pending. Do tend to hate surprises
Like you I do like knowing by options.

I did have to Google what moh is, there is a lot of positivity with that type of treatment, so you know you still have all our thoughts and prayers for a very good outcome. And good luck with the consultation.
Thank you Carole.

Enjoy your time with the little guy today, so good for the soul!!
I had a wonderful time with little J on Tuesday. Those sweet little ones are indeed good for the soul. He is so full of joy and seems to have unlimited energy.

I need to call my favourite niece today, she goes in to hospital tomorrow for hip replacement surgery, she is young but she really needs it. Weirdly my sister in law who is younger than me is getting a similar surgery next week. Niece`s is more complex so I`ll be sitting waiting for news tomorrow.
Carole sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for your niece and sister in law that all goes well with their hip surgeries. Those procedures are getting better all the time.

They have a less invasive approach now that some surgeons are using and it is really helping with healing time post surgery.

Wound up stopping by Ross in same shopping plaza and picked up a big bagful of clothes for jr to sort thru as his wardrobe needed some refreshing. Found a little something for everyone. Just some new makeup for me.
It is always good to have a successful shopping expedition.

New castle light show due in June
I saw that on Universals wed site. They have done wonderful shows on the Castle in the past. Look forward to seeing this one.

Quick stop in before I head to bed. I have a couple loaves of bread baking in the oven...then it's time for bed once they come out. We are enjoying the fresh bread...and it's easy to whip a couple of loaves in the evening.
I keep saying I’am going to work on trying to make a good loaf of bread. Maybe I will make that a goal to accomplish this week.

Your bread always sounds so good and looks good too from the photos you have posted.

Mr surprised me with a BLT this am, better than gold.
BLT sounds yummy. So nice your hubby surprised you with a nice sandwhich.

My boss is currently at the ER with her husband. He fell this morning while taking a walk and hit his head. I think he is around 80 years old, so a little extra concern there. She is supposed to call me back before 3:00 with an update.
Sending prayers your boss’s hubby is ok.

This evening invited to the ‘lil ones middle school academic banquet. She’s speaking twice, as the class president and a speaker later. I admire everyone who can get up in front of a crowd and comfortably speak, I’ll never be comfortable in that situation. I run on stress :)

a good day to all!

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her speaking at her academic banquet. It is wonderful that she feels comfortable speaking to a large crowd.

Sun is shining this morning. It is supposed to be 87 today. I call this feast or famine weather. It was barely in the 60’s for a high last week and now we are going to roast.

I watched little J Tuesday and we had a wonderful time. I took him to the play area at the church and he had the best time. I had the best time just watching him laugh and play.

I always put one of those bento containers in the freezer then take it out once it is good and frozen and pack him a lunch and some little juice boxes for his play trips. He expends so much energy playing and running. I want to make sure he is hydrated and has some healthy calories.

He loves fruit and vegetables. His favorites are cucumbers and cherry tomatoes dipped in avocado. Apples, Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and he likes cheese.

I was able to watch little J yesterday also for a couple hours as my niece had a doc appt. We went to the park. He loved that.

I bought some tomato plants yesterday on the way home and I’am going to plant those in the pots on the porch. I grew tomatoes in planter pots on the porch last year and a some in the mini-planting area under my kitchen window last year. So going to try that again this year.

There were so many tomato varieties to choose from. I picked a few new ones to see how they will perform.

The lady who does my hair is a master gardener and I’am going to save some space for some of her plants also. I bought some plants from her last year and those plants were very hardy.

I have some additional projects in the yard I want to accomplish today so need to get scootin.

Shout out to Ruth. Hope all is well with you and your hubby and you are enjoying being out in the yard.

Mac hope your eyes are doing better.

Carole I noticed you missing today. Hope the weather is allowing you to get out and enjoy some walking.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone.

IMG_3264.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 856417
It’s summer weather here again today, hooray! Mid 80’s and sunshine all day.

a good day to all!
Janet, congratulations to your granddaughter for that honor! That's wonderful and I know you are proud of her:) Like you, I never have felt comfortable in that situation either. I even had a difficult time talking in class when I was asked a question while at school. Nothing has changed, LOL. Have a great warm Thursday:) We are still having rain, wind, and cool weather.

Good Thursday morning everyone :wave2:
View attachment 856419

View attachment 856422

View attachment 856423

View attachment 856424

Thank you Lynne.

So far the electric panel was fixed on Tuesday for the heater. The door bell chimes are over 30 years old and that is proving harder to fix.

Like you I do like knowing by options.

Thank you Carole.

I had a wonderful time with little J on Tuesday. Those sweet little ones are indeed good for the soul. He is so full of joy and seems to have unlimited energy.

Carole sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for your niece and sister in law that all goes well with their hip surgeries. Those procedures are getting better all the time.

They have a less invasive approach now that some surgeons are using and it is really helping with healing time post surgery.

It is always good to have a successful shopping expedition.

I saw that on Universals wed site. They have done wonderful shows on the Castle in the past. Look forward to seeing this one.

I keep saying I’am going to work on trying to make a good loaf of bread. Maybe I will make that a goal to accomplish this week.

Your bread always sounds so good and looks good too from the photos you have posted.

BLT sounds yummy. So nice your hubby surprised you with a nice sandwhich.

Sending prayers your boss’s hubby is ok.

Congratulations to your granddaughter on her speaking at her academic banquet. It is wonderful that she feels comfortable speaking to a large crowd.

Sun is shining this morning. It is supposed to be 87 today. I call this feast or famine weather. It was barely in the 60’s for a high last week and now we are going to roast.

I watched little J Tuesday and we had a wonderful time. I took him to the play area at the church and he had the best time. I had the best time just watching him laugh and play.

I always put one of those bento containers in the freezer then take it out once it is good and frozen and pack him a lunch and some little juice boxes for his play trips. He expends so much energy playing and running. I want to make sure he is hydrated and has some healthy calories.

He loves fruit and vegetables. His favorites are cucumbers and cherry tomatoes dipped in avocado. Apples, Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and he likes cheese.

I was able to watch little J yesterday also for a couple hours as my niece had a doc appt. We went to the park. He loved that.

I bought some tomato plants yesterday on the way home and I’am going to plant those in the pots on the porch. I grew tomatoes in planter pots on the porch last year and a some in the mini-planting area under my kitchen window last year. So going to try that again this year.

There were so many tomato varieties to choose from. I picked a few new ones to see how they will perform.

The lady who does my hair is a master gardener and I’am going to save some space for some of her plants also. I bought some plants from her last year and those plants were very hardy.

I have some additional projects in the yard I want to accomplish today so need to get scootin.

Shout out to Ruth. Hope all is well with you and your hubby and you are enjoying being out in the yard.

Mac hope your eyes are doing better.

Carole I noticed you missing today. Hope the weather is allowing you to get out and enjoy some walking.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone.

View attachment 856421
Hi Robo:

We only had one day that we could get out in the yard and pull up some old flowers in the flower beds, LOL. We are in a cool, rainy phase now! Getting tired of this weather, I just can't get warm. We are recovering from our long road trip a week ago. At least it was warm and beautiful in Arizona, just a long, long drive for us older folks:)

It sounds like you get to spend a lot of quality time with J. How old is the little guy? I don't have any young grandkids anymore and I sure miss playing with them like that.

Just a quick update on my post vacation blues, LOL.
I am still recovering from this.:crazy2: It must be because of the 4000 mile plus drive at our age. So from now on it is flying! It could be the cold rainy weather that's contributing to the aches and pain too. Oh well..............

Yesterday was not a good day for me as far as baking/cooking goes:confused: I was at my Mother's house helping her out, and she wanted me to bake brownies. Brownies and I don't get along well! I don't know what I do to them, but they never turn out. I have tried to make them from scratch and from a box with no difference. Well, Mom called to tell me that the brownies were no good and weren't done! I baked them as directed and even left them in 5 minutes longer. I checked them with a toothpick and they seemed fine. Oh well, it's a mystery!

Then I made mashed potatoes from the Idahoan package. We had these at my sisterinlaws in Arizona and they were delicious! I never thought a package of mashed potatoes would turn out so good. However, when I took them out of the microwave and stirred them, they seemed to turn to concrete! Honestly, if we needed concrete were would have been all set. My husband, bless him, said let's try them and they will be ok. Well, no they weren't. We threw the concrete away. I guess I didn't add 4 cups of water/milk to the potatoes, but only added 2 cups!!!! No wonder they were cement.

So, yesterday was Not a good cooking/baking day for me:sad2: I hit the Little Debbies cakes to help me get over the trauma.

I hope you all have good baking/cooking days this weekend, LOL.

ruth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter