• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TS exchange for CS+Snack

I'm not sure what the confusion is - it clearly says it Dining plan and Deluxe Dining plan. Why would they not want to do it for the Deluxe plan if they're doing it for the regular? It's the same money for them either way.

Plus, think of the $$ Disney will save! A regular 1 credit meal at TS would be over $40 or $60 with appetizer, meal, dessert and drink. So a CS with 2 snacks, even if the CS is $15, plus $8 in snacks, they would save a fortune if people took advantage of that. And the mesh bag probably costs next to nothing to make in China.....

We just got back a couple of days ago and was thinking we may have some extra credits left..

I went to guest services at Magic Kingdom and was told we could exchange:

table service for 1 c.s. & 2 snacks
counter service for 2 snacks

Okay, we JUST added the dining plan (staying free at DVC so splurged on the dining plan). We have 2 days that I cant get ADRs for. So I figure the best bang for my buck (PLEASE correct me if I am wrong) is at CSR. The steak or something?? There is 6 of us (3 on A and 3 on C DDP) So for those 2 nights I cant get ADRs, I figure we could just get the CS and 2 snacks each, right? Does Goofy Candy Co count? We are going to be tired the first night so I plan on eating dinner then heading to DtD for a bit after and getting our snacks.. then just taking the boat back to OKW

Okay, we JUST added the dining plan (staying free at DVC so splurged on the dining plan). We have 2 days that I cant get ADRs for. So I figure the best bang for my buck (PLEASE correct me if I am wrong) is at CSR. The steak or something?? There is 6 of us (3 on A and 3 on C DDP) So for those 2 nights I cant get ADRs, I figure we could just get the CS and 2 snacks each, right? Does Goofy Candy Co count? We are going to be tired the first night so I plan on eating dinner then heading to DtD for a bit after and getting our snacks.. then just taking the boat back to OKW

CSR does have the rib eye.... they also changed their taco salad. It no longer is seasoned beef, but strips of beef :mad: We did get the fajitas and they were very big. (2 adults split it)

If you dont have t.s. adr's but looking for someplace to eat you can go to either Beaches & Cream, ESPN, or All Star Cafe. (those places don't take adrs). Guest services at M.K. did tell me I'd be better off switching the t.s. for counter service w/ 2 snacks at guest services at our resort. She said it would be the easiest.

Our family went for the first time in 2006 with the dining plan. At that time, we were able to trade 2 CS for 1 TS. Does anyone know if it can still be done?

We traded a TS credit for a CS credit and the bag. It's a blue mesh laundry bag with a Mickey head and the words Walt Disney World on it. It has one strap. The 2 snacks would've probably been worth it over the bag but we had too many snack credits left too.

If kids get the same snack credit then it seems to me that if you want the snack credits you should pay for every kids ts out of pocket because they are around 7.50 while the snack is worth 8.00. Plus you get the extra cs for breakfast or whatever. Am I thinking straight?

We got back yesterday and had a horrible time getting the vouchers.

We were on the Deluxe so anytime we ate CS we should have recieved the voucher. At Flame Tree they refused! The manager even came out & told me I was wrong and wouldn't give them to me.

So, I went to guest relations at AK and he must have just called the manager at FTBBQ because he said the same thing to me after he went "in the back to make some phone calls".

Then I took it up with concierge at the BW. They refused to give me the vouchers and told me it was for people there on the regular dining plan and not the deluxe. It was a real pain! He did offer us a credit on our room since I said I was out 8 snacks. But I wish I hadn't wasted all that time on it!

But, here is the really funny thing: My mom & dad had gone to Flame Tree about a half hour later than us and went to a different cashier and were handed the vouchers with no problems!;)

We also got the vouchers at several other CS places. So it was only the BW that had a big problem with it. Be warned! I hope they figure it out before the month is out.

We got back yesterday and had a horrible time getting the vouchers.

We were on the Deluxe so anytime we ate CS we should have recieved the voucher. At Flame Tree they refused! The manager even came out & told me I was wrong and wouldn't give them to me.

So, I went to guest relations at AK and he must have just called the manager at FTBBQ because he said the same thing to me after he went "in the back to make some phone calls".

Then I took it up with concierge at the BW. They refused to give me the vouchers and told me it was for people there on the regular dining plan and not the deluxe. It was a real pain! He did offer us a credit on our room since I said I was out 8 snacks. But I wish I hadn't wasted all that time on it!

But, here is the really funny thing: My mom & dad had gone to Flame Tree about a half hour later than us and went to a different cashier and were handed the vouchers with no problems!;)

We also got the vouchers at several other CS places. So it was only the BW that had a big problem with it. Be warned! I hope they figure it out before the month is out.

Hi DSis!

The BoardWalk Bakery was very rude to me, too, and refused to give the voucher - even though it was sitting right there next to her register! :mad:

Why would the vouchers be only for those on FREE dining when we paid full price for Deluxe Dining? :confused3

On our last day, we used our final 4 credits for CS at Sunshine Seasons at the Land. The CM refused (again!) and after I explained myself, I asked to speak to a manager. She left her post, returned shortly, and handed me 4 vouchers without much of a word! :rolleyes:

I felt like I needed to walk around with a press release or something to prove I was supposed to get the vouchers.

Just be persistent - it mostly all worked out eventually! :goodvibes

I agree with the OP. We paid extra for the deluxe plan, it's not like they base the price on 3 CS meals per person per day. The prices are based on 3 TS meals with appitizer and dessert per person per day. If you can't get an ADR you want and have to use your credits for CS you should be compensated in some way.

Either CM are not trained properly on Disney policies OR they are told to act like they don't know what you're talking about. After all, as I said, I'm sure it increases their profit margin when DXDP users use their credits on CS rather than TS.

Additionally, (while I'm on my soap box), we buy the deluxe plan whenever we go because we don't want to be bothered with budgeting while we're on vacation. It's just more convenient to pay one price to include everything. Now the DDP doesn't include tips anymore so now I have to mess around with making sure I budget enough for that too.

I'll go find where it's posted on the WDW site, print it out and take it with me. That way if I can just show it to the CM if they don't know what I'm talking about.

Ok.....I'll get down now.......

I was able to get the Visa free dining for Oct 10-19. Does anyone know if I will still be able to exchange a TS for a CS+Snack? Or I would even be ok if I could use a TS for a CS. Will they let me do this since a TS credit is worth more than a CS?

Okay.. I had the hardest time with this! I had 1 TS I couldnt get a ressie for so we exchanged one TS at Earl of Sandwich. The girl at the counter argued with me and told me I had to use ALL 12 right there. I said no thats not right, you have to give me the voucher. I knew I wasnt going to win, so I took 12 cookies/cupcakes and went outside to eat. I called Disney Dining and spoke to a supervisor. He said that they were ABSOLUTELY WRONG and to go back in and get my vouchers (we wanted to do Goofys Candy Co.). I spoke to the manager who apologized (he thought they had to be used there as well!) and gave me 12 vouchers (there were 6 of us). I said we didnt even touch the other snacks and he said to keep them. When I got back to the room, I realized each voucher was for 2... so he should have given me 6! Anyway, even the manager there didnt understand the vouchers!

Sounds like it's not even worth the effort. You spend so much time explaining to people who are supposed to know instead of enjoying your vacation.

Sounds like it's not even worth the effort. You spend so much time explaining to people who are supposed to know instead of enjoying your vacation.

In all honesty, it wasnt worth the effort. We had snack credits LEFT on our cards! I would have done a sit down meal at one of the resorts instead of the hassle with the vouchers

In all honesty, it wasnt worth the effort. We had snack credits LEFT on our cards! I would have done a sit down meal at one of the resorts instead of the hassle with the vouchers

I hope we have LOTS of snack credits left at the end of our trip so I can stock up on Mickey rice crispy treats for stocking stuffers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter