• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TS exchange for CS+Snack

Neesy228

DIS Veteran
Alrighty, so the DIS is reporting that you can swap TS meals for CS and snacks...

From August 24 thru September 27, guests on either the Disney Dining Plan or Deluxe Dining Plan can redeem a Table Service entitlement at a Quick (counter) Service location. In addition to the Quick (counter) Service meal, a certificate will then be issued entitling the bearer to:

Two Snacks to be redeemed at the same time at the same location. This certificate is valid at participationg Quick Serve, merchandise or outdoor food venues
OR the certificate can be redeemed for a sling mesh bag. The bag will be available at the merchandise locations which are listed on the certificate (designs may vary)

SOooo, here's my question:
Do they actually swap them on your KTTW card so that you can use the snack credits whenever or do you have to redeem the TS for the meal and two snacks at the restaurant you choose? I would think that it would be hard to get a meal (with a dessert and drink already) and then have to pick more food on top of that?? :confused3

Obviously, this is our first year going for Free Dining, so I'm a newbie with all of this! TIA for your input! :goodvibes

When it states certificates are issued, I would take that to mean a paper certificate to be redeemed whenever. Most likely it states just that on the certificate -- two snacks at the same time or the bag.
The meal credit would be deducted at the the time of the meal I would think.

We did this last year. They actually gave us certificates for each extra snack, our other choice was a lanyard. Due to so many changing menus we don't care for a lot of the TS restaurants. We were there 4 nights, did Kona's didn't care for it. Did HDDR, LOVED it. My DD22 first time. DD14 and my 5th time. We had a blast. For the last TS we went to Cosmic Rays. DDs used the extra snack credits to buy all sort of goodies at the candy store on main street. At that time you could buy anything under $4 with a snack credit. Now its single servings. Check out the confirmed snacks for snack choices that are better than just soda, water, and popcorn.

13 days and counting YES!:cheer2:

Making this a sticky thread

Can't wait til folks post what the bag looks like

Thanks!

If I am on the Deluxe plan and CS/TS credits are one in the same, how will they know if I am using a TS credit for a CS vs if I had already planned to eat at a CS?

I posted this on another thread but thought I'd post here as well. What is this "mesh bag"?

thanks
Xanthe

Does anyone know how to redeem this? For example do I do this at my resort or just go to any quickserve location and tell them I want to exchange for the CS deal?

"From August 24 thru September 27, guests on either the Disney Dining Plan or Deluxe Dining Plan can redeem a Table Service entitlement at a Quick (counter) Service location. In addition to the Quick (counter) Service meal, a certificate will then be issued entitling the bearer to......"

The fact that it specifically addresses Deluxe - tells me that if you use a credit on a CS meal - you will get the extra snack credits and/or bag if you want it. Essentially ALL credits are TS on the Deluxe - so they're make it up to you if you use a Deluxe credit on CS.

I am really glad to see this--only b/c we were going to have an "extra" TS credit b/c DH couldn't make it to one of our ADRs. Now he can just grab what he wants for dinner--and grab some snacks for us!;)

Do they ever run this promotion after Free Dining? I'm having trouble getting quality ADR's over Thanksgiving weekend, and I wish I could trade some for CS meals!

Thank you for this info! We will be there next week and have left over TS meals. It is good to know we will get more than just a CS in exchange.

"From August 24 thru September 27, guests on either the Disney Dining Plan or Deluxe Dining Plan can redeem a Table Service entitlement at a Quick (counter) Service location. In addition to the Quick (counter) Service meal, a certificate will then be issued entitling the bearer to......"

The fact that it specifically addresses Deluxe - tells me that if you use a credit on a CS meal - you will get the extra snack credits and/or bag if you want it. Essentially ALL credits are TS on the Deluxe - so they're make it up to you if you use a Deluxe credit on CS.

I'm still wondering if anyone knows this answer for sure..maybe i'll call in the am to adjust adr's and ask this!

Is it exchange an adult TS for a CS+2snacks, and exchange a child TS for a childs CS+2snacks

This is the same offer as before during free DDP but this time you get a mesh bag where in the past it was a lanyard and pin.

The way it worked in the past during free DDP was you go to the CS place and tell them you want to use a TS credit and they charged you the TS credit off your room card and give you a certificate that was redemmable for either the 2 snacks or the lanyards at any time. Then you could use the certificates later. We got several of the lanyards and pics since the kids wanted to try pin trading and loved it. They had about 5 different pics to choose from.

It is not the best use of a TS credit but when you can not get the ADRs you want and have picky eaters it is the next best thing.

As far as Deluxe DDP, I can only assume they will honor it with that plan too since anyone that they can get out of the TS resturants will open up a spot for another family and that is what they are trying to do.

From August 24 thru September 27, guests on either the Disney Dining Plan or Deluxe Dining Plan can redeem a Table Service entitlement at a Quick (counter) Service location. In addition to the Quick (counter) Service meal, a certificate will then be issued entitling the bearer to:

Two Snacks to be redeemed at the same time at the same location. This certificate is valid at participationg Quick Serve, merchandise or outdoor food venues
OR the certificate can be redeemed for a sling mesh bag. The bag will be available at the merchandise locations which are listed on the certificate (designs may vary)

My question is if a family of four redeemed a TS for a CS, does each person receive the 2 snacks and the mesh bag?

It says "OR". I might not be the brightest bulb in the box, but I always understood "or" to mean one or the other - not both. So I would think each person in your family would get a certificate that would entitle them to two snacks OR a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter