• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TS exchange for CS+Snack

Ok - question is would this be repeated now that the new free dining for Fall is out?

Specially for xmas, hard or impossible to get an ADR. We got lucky with a dinner at Chef Mickey's on the 24th. So far we haven't hit anything for the 25th which we are interested, and might actually prefer to get a CS + snack credit instead.

We didn't have a problem trading TS for CS plus vouchers, but we did it within our resort on the last day. The night before, I spoke with a cashier at Captain Cooks (Poly) because I didn't want to waste what we had left. However, before speaking with her, I mentioned it to the front desk and they said it would be up to the CS restaurant. The next day, we had 2 TS and 6 Snack credits left. We traded the TS for CS and received the vouchers. I used our vouchers and Snack credit at the snack place (still in Poly). Instead of getting the extra snacks, I got two mesh bags. Here is a pic for those of you that haven't seen it.

meshbag.jpg

Sounds like it's not even worth the effort. You spend so much time explaining to people who are supposed to know instead of enjoying your vacation.

This was soooo true. I just got back today and had to ask for the voucher every single time and explain myself.

With free dining now being offered for time periods in Nov & Dec, has anyone heard if they will allow you to exchange TS for CS during this time period? I have been unlucky getting our sixth TS ADR so if I could exchange it for a CS that might be nice. Although, it sounds like some people are having difficulties getting the exchange done.

I would also like to trade 1 table service for counter service + snacks ..Having a hard time finding an ADR during free dining for Dec. 14-19th. :confused:

I'm sorry for all you guys that can't get TSRs due to free dining. Iwas in that boat last September but fortunately didn't have DDP then.

I was lucky enough to just now get a TSR for my upcoming trip but don't have enough TS credits.

Can you trade 2 CS for a TS?:confused3

Not sure if this question was answered or not, but is it possible to trade a CS + snack/or 2 snacks (not sure) for a TS. I would rather have an extra TS.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone ever done this? If so, where and who would I speak to about doing this?? Any input would be helpful!

THANKS!

Not sure if this question was answered or not, but is it possible to trade a CS + snack/or 2 snacks (not sure) for a TS. I would rather have an extra TS.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone ever done this? If so, where and who would I speak to about doing this?? Any input would be helpful!

THANKS!

No -- you cannot trade up, only down.

Has anyone traded yet this month?????? I am leaving in a week and would love to trade

I was on the dining plan September 14-20 and was told three times that table service credits cannot be exchanged for counter service. :(

Also....I made NO ADRs before leaving, but had no problem getting them when I arrived. In fact, I called Disney Dining each morning after deciding what park to attend and made reservations on a daily basis. We ate at Maya Grill, The Wave, Sci-Fi Dine In, Mama Melrose's, Cape May, Tony's Town Square and Kona's.

I just called last night with a similar question. I asked if you could use a TS credit for CS. If we get the dining plan, we may not want a TS meal every day (but the discount with the Visa is so big, that even leaving a couple TS credits is no big deal). My kids like CS, as it's quick and in a food court they can pick and choose.

The cast member said you absolutely cannot use a TS credit for CS. I was surprised. I thought for sure you would be able to, especially during this free dining period! She was firm in her answer, so I think she's been asked this before. She said they have plenty of reservations available, especially for lunches. This is true - we can even get Hoop Dee Doo for the 3 of us December 22nd! So we may do that, and use up some credits that way. I just didn't want to spend too much time on meals - more on parks or relaxing by the hot tub and reading a book.

I would be curious if they change that rule. Maybe not, as they are coming out with the other dining option with only counter service...

Also, it appealed to me to not have to tip...

Does anyone know if you can currently exchange a TS for a CS (since the CS usually costs less than a TS meal)? Have only used the DDP once and it was back in 2006--and they did let us use TS credits for a CS meal on a few occasions.

Didn't mean to duplicate the posts with the same question--didn't see the ones on the last page. :)

I'm still curious about this.

When I booked our package yesterday, the cast member again told me you couldn't use a TS credit for a CS meal.

But when I asked about it the day before, the cast member said during busy times (like December, he said) it would be up to the restaurant to decide...

So, I think the "official" word they are supposed to say is that you cannot use a TS credit for a CS meal.

I wonder if anyone very recently has had that allowed. I would rather eat more CS as it's flexible, and if we are too tired to do a TS meal, it would just be easier. I don't quite know why they would forbid it this year, as you are getting less of a deal out of your plan.

Because it's not an actual provision/condition of the Dining Plan. It's an exception, granted usually only during the massive free dining promotion - when MOST onsite Guests have booked that package and are unable, due to crowds, to use the Table Service credits AT Table Service locations.

FAR fewer Guests were even offered this promotion in November and December; those Guests should therefore be able to use the TS credits at TS locations - reservations will, or should, not be as hard/impossible to get.

I suppose they're trying to keep the TS restaurants busy - wouldn't think that would be a problem, but maybe with the economy. We have all of our TS booked for 12/21-27, but if not I guess we could go with Pizza, Room Service or maybe take away from a TS location.

I just read that you can go to the front desk at your resort and have some TS credits converted to CS credits. But they said that they can't be converted back again.

That may be what we end up doing after a couple of days, if we decide to do more CS.

As of this week (this morning, actually) counter services could use a TS for a CS meal. They would only do it if you'd used up your CS meals, then they'd just use a TS. One CS meal for one TS entitlement. It's a bad deal, but better than letting a stay credit expire unused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter