Tinkerbell Movie coming to El Capitan

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
The Tinkerbell movie will be at El Capitan 9/19 to 10/2. There is a live appearance by Tinkerbell as well. http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/el_capitan/index.html

They do have special group rates available for groups of 20 or more....anyone interested in doing a DisBoards group trip?! I'd be willing to coordinate. It looks really cute and sounds like alot of fun. We went up there for Narnia and it was great.

If we do a group trip it would cost $9 per person (child or adult) for general admission seating. If we did VIP seating (which gets you a soda, popcorn and assigned seating) it would cost $22 per person (they waive the service fee, but no other discounts).

The following dates and times are possibilities (I can only do weekends, and am unavailable the weekend of 9/20):

Sat. 9/27 12:15, 2:30, 4:45 or 7 pm
Sun. 9/28, same times

We would be interested, but can't go opening weekend - attending a bridal shower out of town. I scoped out the site and discovered that everything is VIP, except the upper balcony. Those are the only general admission.

There would be 2 of us (myself and my oldest daughter - the little one runs around too much every time we take her to the movies) and we are open to VIP if that's what's left. Saturday or Sunday at 12:15 is or preference. Depending on how many of us go, we should do the Soda Fountain next door either before or after.

The Tinkerbell movie will be at El Capitan 9/19 to 10/2. There is a live appearance by Tinkerbell as well. http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/el_capitan/index.html

They do have special group rates available for groups of 20 or more....anyone interested in doing a DisBoards group trip?! I'd be willing to coordinate. It looks really cute and sounds like alot of fun. We went up there for Narnia and it was great.

If we do a group trip it would cost $9 per person (child or adult) for general admission seating. If we did VIP seating (which gets you a soda, popcorn and assigned seating) it would cost $22 per person (they waive the service fee, but no other discounts).

The following dates and times are possibilities (I can only do weekends, and am unavailable the weekend of 9/20):

Sat. 9/27 12:15, 2:30, 4:45 or 7 pm
Sun. 9/28, same times

sounds like fun! I'm in for either date.

There would be 2 of us (myself and my oldest daughter - the little one runs around too much every time we take her to the movies) and we are open to VIP if that's what's left. Saturday or Sunday at 12:15 is or preference. Depending on how many of us go, we should do the Soda Fountain next door either before or after.

Kitchen sink alert!

thanks for the info:goodvibes my 3yr. old dd is so, excited for this movie :cool1: Wish we could make it down there but those dated just don't work for us... have fun guys/girls

I will be taking my SIL to DL 17-20. We had planned to go there FRIDAY anyway. I did not know this was happening. I may sister in law will be thrilled! I'm not so sure myself looks like kind of a kid movie. If we went we would probably see the noon show.

I'm in if we pick one of the two earlier shows on Sunday. I work Saturdays so they are rarely an option!!!

So, that would be myself and my DD8!!

AMY

I'm in if we pick one of the two earlier shows on Sunday. I work Saturdays so they are rarely an option!!!

So, that would be myself and my DD8!!

AMY

Okay - Amy called Sunday, Sept 28. I call the 12:15 show. Sounds like a done deal! :cheer2:

Okay, so we have Amy and Daughter, Nancy and Daughter (also named Zoe), and Zoemakes5 with (I'm assuming) her Zoe and others.

Who else is in?:banana:

awwww, we'll miss it by 4 days! That would have been a fun break in the afternoon! Have fun!

Are you doing VIP or gen admin? DD (7) and I would love to join you!

I guess that depends on how fast we can get the appropriate # of folks. From how they have it marked when you go to buy tickets on the website, they are limiting the general admission to only a small portion of the upper half of the balcony from what I can tell. Everything else that normally is general admission seems to be given over to VIP - the left and right sides of the floor/orchestra, and the lower seats of the sides of the balcony. I am planning on calling them to see if that's really true.

That's why we're limiting to the two of us. My youngest is in "run around evrywhere" mode, and wouldn't be able to cope with sitting in the balcony. One of our ticket prices pays to chase her - doing the math indicates that it's not worth the extra disposable $22. :teacher:

Zoemakes5, how many do you have total? Looks like were up to 6 + your bunch.

I think it's a misperception, the general admission is by far the largest amount of tickets.

I'm happy with either the VIP or the general. One downside to the General Admission is having to get there early and wait in line. Made our last trip kind of rushed at the Soda Shoppe to have to stand in line outside.

We did purchase drinks (especially after sitting/standing outside waiting...which is where the line is) and I purchased a popcorn, too, so for us, the price difference would not be as significant between the two. But, if it means people won't be able to join us, I'd rather go with the General. I can call in a reservation on Monday, and we won't have to pay immediately. I think they said two weeks beforehand.

I have a couple of maybe's in addition to Zoe (yes, that is my DD's name, with the two boys, she's number five in our family!) and myself (name is Michelle, by the way.) So far, no other committments, but some interest. Amy and I and her DD are likely to drive up together, as we're in the San Diego area. We have 7, though, not 6, as toocherie also wants in. Cheryl, were you planning to bring anyone else with you?

That's one thing about the El Capitan, I don't think it has alot of space between the seats, so there's really not any "roaming room" for the really smaller ones. We didn't have any difficulty with my DD, and the movie we went to before wasn't geared towards the really younger ones (Narnia), but I did think to myself that it was a good thing my brother didn't come with my niece who is almost 2.

My dd (7) is Cora and I am Danelle. We would love to join you guys. We live in the Pasadena area and love to go to the El Capitain for these types of movies. It truly does not matter to us if it is gen or vip. We have never met anyone from the dis before! All meets I have read about here sound like fun.

I do agree that the benefit to VIP is not having to wait in line. At the end of last year my dds girl scout troop (I am the leader) elected to spend thier cookie money on renting a lime and seeing Narnia at the El Capitan. It was so much fun. We did gen admission and had to get there very early!!

I am fine either way. I hope you count us in. I believe you have set the date for 9/28 at 12:15 right?

I think it's a misperception, the general admission is by far the largest amount of tickets.

It is misleading - when you pull up the seating charts for this movie online, they have the orchestra left and right sections marked as VIP/General Admission and are labelled VIP when you click on it. We sat Orchestra Left for Little Mermaid, so I know they use it at general. They way they label it makes you wonder if they give themselves the option to try to swing it into VIP if they feel they can get the money for the seats.

We're all for General Admission, too. Anything to save a few pennies - we usually split snacks because 3 year old bladders are tiny! BTW, we'll take the aisle seat, so no one has to get up because of Zoe....

Let me recap the list of confirmed:
2 - (Me) Nancy and Zoe (we're in Burbank)
2-4? - Michelle, Zoe, possbily 2 or 3 more
1-2? - Cheryl (and ?)
2 -Danielle and Cora
----
9 definite with up to 3 more?

There is a chance that I might be able to add a couple more on.

BTW - thanks Michelle for suggesting this. It's awfully kind of you. Call me a goob, but this will be my first DIS Meet and I am very excited - we don't have a lot of friends that have kids!!!

Too cute! I am sure if dd will still fit in her TInk Costume but if not she has plenty of tink shirts to choose from. LOL!!

I have the fabric cut out to make my DD8 a stripwork twirly skirt with fairies fabric, guess I will need to actually sew!!!

I am torn on the VIP vs. GA. I am naturally frugal, but also impatient. I think for me, the extra$ would be worth it avoid super early lines?

But, whichever, Claire9DD8) and I, Amy, will be there with or without wings!!!!

AMY

I have the fabric cut out to make my DD8 a stripwork twirly skirt with fairies fabric, guess I will need to actually sew!!!

I am torn on the VIP vs. GA. I am naturally frugal, but also impatient. I think for me, the extra$ would be worth it avoid super early lines?

But, whichever, Claire9DD8) and I, Amy, will be there with or without wings!!!!

AMY

2 - (Me) Nancy and Zoe (we're in Burbank)
2-4? - Michelle, Zoe, possbily 2 or 3 more
1-2? - Cheryl (and ?)
2 -Danielle and Cora
2 - Amy and Clare
------
9 -12

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter